Gruesome details of Somalia's Barre's genocide against Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the same people who want to rule Somaliland today. Here's a report by a journalist who visited Somaliland in 1991, shortly after the genocidal dictator Siad Barre's faqash troops were defeated by the SNM.

"Nearly the whole of Northern Somalia is in ruins. No town, no village is left untouched. What remains of the major town of Hargeisa is bullet riddled walls, car wrecks, and twisted steel.

The local SNA army commander, General Morgan, the son in law of Barre, had earlier written a "death letter", in which he asked the president permission to destroy the Isaq clan of Somalia.

Nearly half a million residents lived there until 1988 in relative prosperity. In Hargeisa alone an estimated 50,000 people lost their lives. Only 5% of the buildings in Hargeisa still stand - the ones in which the government soldiers resided.

Hargeisa, the second town of Somalia and once the capital of British Somaliland, will have to entirely be rebuilt. The totality and destruction in Northern Somalia is beyond description. It is as if a nuclear bomb had exploded in this town. On the road from Hargeisa via Berbera to Burao, a penetrating smell warns of rotting human flesh. From the rubble of a blown up tank, a shrivelled leg sticks out. On the tarmac lies a decomposing flattened body.

While the clan fighting in the south continues, the SNM has established a fragile peace in the North, the former British Somaliland protectorate, led by Abdirahman Tuur."

AUN Abdirahman Tuur, a hero of Somaliland

D4nnBtTX4AABs1V.jpg

D4nnCg0XsAEvCez.jpg

Any Somalilander who supports South Somalia Whether it be Coldoon, Naima Qorane or Dirty Waqooyi MPS should an enemy of Somaliland. Persona non grata. Punishable by the severest form permitted by our Somaliland constitution.

To support South Somalia, to re unite with them, would be to spit on the graves of our dead loved ones. It must never be allowed to happen. Under any circumstances.

Even Saado Cali the famous unionist sang about it

Here she is singing

"Dhamaan reer waqooyi aaway"

"Where have all the northern people gone? What happened to them?"

I'm not sure the death toll was 50,000.

The figure would probably be lower,

in the 5-10,000 range.

Don't take my word for it, here is an article from The New York Times dating from 1988, at the height of the genocide committed by Somalia's late dictator. The NYT is a famous independent newspaper publication. It has no affiliation with any Somali group. It has no reason to lie or make up figures. Even they say that an estimated 10,000 were killed in the first month alone. What do you think happens when you use aerial bombardment in the second and third most populous cities in the country i.e. Hargeisa and Burco? Tens of thousands die.

More than 300,000 Somali refugees, fleeing civil war, have walked across the Ethiopian border in the last two months, relief officials say. The officials called the outpouring of refugees among the most sudden they have seen.

The exodus, which officials say has left major towns in northern Somalia empty, results from fierce fighting between a northern clan and Government troops of President Mohammed Siad Barre. The fleeing Somalis have sought sanctuary in the arid and treeless southeastern area of the Ogaden.

They have virtually no shelter from high winds and swirling dust. Water is scarce in a remote area where only nomads with their camels have been able to survive.

A senior State Department official, Kenneth W. Bleakley, the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for International Refugees, who arrived here today to visit the camps and assess the need for aid, will not be given permission to see the refugees, an Ethiopian familiar with the decision said.

Western diplomats here said they believed that the fighting in Somalia, which has gone largely unreported in the West, was continuing unabated. More than 10,000 people were killed in the first month after the conflict began in late May, according to reports reaching diplomats here. The Somali Government has bombed towns and strafed fleeing residents and used artillery indiscriminately, according to the officials.

The refugees, some of them professionals still dressed in business suits, started pouring across the border in the last days of June, relief workers said. Since then, the rate has been a steady 4,000 to 5,000 a day.

''I don't think anyone who has worked in the organization for 30 years has seen anything like it,'' Don Fowler, an official of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, said of the rapid influx.

More than 200,000 refugees are split between Hartisheik and Harshin, southeast of Jijiga, the main town in the Ogaden. About 75,000 are at a place called Aware.

Another 60,000 who fled Burao, where the fighting began on May 26, are said to be at Misrak Gashamo, a border region accessible only by foot and helicopter. Army Caring for Refugees

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/08/13/...is-fleeing-civil-war-cross-into-ethiopia.html

@EDsomali here is an article from The New York Times dating from 1988. At the height of the genocide committed by Somalia's late dictator. The NYT is a famous independent newspaper publication. It has no affiliation with any Somali group. It has no reason to lie or make up figures. Even they say that an estimated 10,000 were killed in the first month alone. What do you think happens when you use aerial bombardment in the second most populous city in the country? Tens of thousands die.

Is just that the north was neglected throughout Siad Barre's reign that the population of the urban areas would not have been high enough for a death toll of that figure.

For example, only 400,000 lived in cities outside Xamar, that is including those in the South which were invested more in.

I think the toll is closer to 5-10,000, I've seen sources state that as well which leads me to favour that figure over the higher number.

But nonetheless, any deaths of Somalis is tragic.

AUN to those that died.

@EDsomali yes of course you know better with some figures that you plucked from your ass. GTFOH

Your Source confirms my doubts.

It states that the population of Hargeisa And Burao was a combined 140,000 which itself may be high.

For a figure of 50,000 to die, a third of the population would of have to die in both cities. Some figure of 100,000-200,000 would mean all the city would have died and an additional number of people.

upload_2019-4-22_20-30-42.png

Source

Also, the 5000 figure comes from this source which seems to coincide with my doubts about the urban population.

upload_2019-4-22_20-38-25.png

Source- Helen Chapin Metz, ed. Somalia: A Country Study. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1992.

Me stating that 5000 people died is not meant to reduce the severity of the crimes committed.

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-22_20-38-30.png
    upload_2019-4-22_20-38-30.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 164
This "the people of Somaliland where killed by the people of Somalia" is a big lie. The truth is the Barre regime wanted to completely wipe out the Isaaq-clan with generous help of northern Darood (warsangeli and Dhulo), reer Awdal (Samaroon) and the Ogadeen refuugees.

Southern Somalis like Hawiye and Raxanweyn and minorities who make up alone 85 percent of southeners have done shit to us. Our SNM politicans saw a great opportunity to make peace with northern tribes to recreate Somaliland so they changed the narrative.

To be honest we should have completely wipped the floor with Dhulos, Warsans and reer Awdal till there would not be much left of them (like it happened to us) and then after we should have moved on, to make peace, without talking much about the past.

It states that the population of Hargeisa And Burao was a combined 140,000 which itself may be high.

For a figure of 50,000 to die, a third of the population would of have to die in both cities. Some figure of 100,000-200,000 would mean all the city would have died and an additional number of people.

View attachment 71250
Source

Also, the 5000 figure comes from this source which seems to coincide with my doubts about the urban population.

View attachment 71252
Source- Helen Chapin Metz, ed. Somalia: A Country Study. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1992.

Me stating that 5000 people died is not meant to reduce the severity of the crimes committed.

@Factz saaxib tell us, which of those two have the more realistic figures ?

Aun to all those that died..

-Including the dead toll from the Habro wars...

Siad barre was a dictator that has committed horrible crimes however he has never done that under a Somalia v isaaq but siad barre and his lackeys v who ever is against his rule ...

Darood people have never participated nor approved his actions..

@Factz you are writing a fiction bro..I look forward your trilogy of books on bollocks

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Factz saaxib tell us, which of those two have the more realistic figures ?

I will share my opinions with you tomorrow, inshallah. I'm very busy right now.

Aun to all those that died..

-Including the dead toll from the Habro wars...

Siad barre was a dictator that has committed horrible crimes however he has never done that under a Somalia v isaaq but siad barre and his lackeys v who ever is against his rule ...

Darood people have never participated nor approved his actions..

@Factz you are writing a fiction bro..I look forward your trilogy of books on bollocks

This is @Futurist thread and the one commenting. I didn't even type anything. :drakewtf:

Wallahi some people really need their eyes and brain checked. :heh:

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

View attachment 71250
Source

View attachment 71252

I came to the same number here.
hargeisa-bombings-toll-jpg.60395

According to ((them)), Siad killed 500k in 1 year.

Whereas, here is the death toll in the 7 year Syrian war in which Assad continues to use chemical weapons on his people.
syrian-war-toll-jpg.60396

Source: Inside Al-Shabaab: The Secret History of Al-Qaeda’s Most Powerful Ally by Harun Maruf
The 50k, 500k stuff is baseless nonsense they've created for ictiraaf.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
AUN to those that died, however many countries have gone through similar situations and are now moving forward. The best, most relevant example of humanity and walalnimo is Rwanda, the hutus and tutsis are living side by side. Yes there is tension and animosity, but they have built one of the best countries in all of sub-sahara africa.

Who says that there isn't a day where we can sit down and look past these tragedies and show ourselves true human kindness. What we need is soul searching, not using the dead (AUN) to further our agendas.

Don't take my word for it, here is an article from The New York Times dating from 1988, at the height of the genocide committed by Somalia's late dictator. The NYT is a famous independent newspaper publication. It has no affiliation with any Somali group. It has no reason to lie or make up figures. Even they say that an estimated 10,000 were killed in the first month alone. What do you think happens when you use aerial bombardment in the second and third most populous cities in the country i.e. Hargeisa and Burco? Tens of thousands die.

No point in posting this. HRW was on the ground in the 80s and has a 200 p.g doc name Government at war with it's people. Their estimates are above 50k and Majority of Somalis who are not your qabiil dont give a f*ck tbh, actually most consider those days Somalias golden era and see you and your dead as the spoilers:icon lol:. You had poets led by clan and propagate by Somali republic writing famous poems like Daarood Ku Fuul. That same generation is still alive and went from thinking they're kings to giving birth to these people you're arguing with in section 8 housing. Let that sink in:pachah1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts