Gruesome details of Somalia's Barre's genocide against Somaliland

Discussion in 'Somali Politics' started by Futurist, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Futurist

Futurist

Ratings:
    +1,285
    These are the same people who want to rule Somaliland today. Here's a report by a journalist who visited Somaliland in 1991, shortly after the genocidal dictator Siad Barre's ****** troops were defeated by the SNM.

"Nearly the whole of Northern Somalia is in ruins. No town, no village is left untouched. What remains of the major town of Hargeisa is bullet riddled walls, car wrecks, and twisted steel.

The local SNA army commander, General Morgan, the son in law of Barre, had earlier written a "death letter", in which he asked the president permission to destroy the Isaq clan of Somalia.

Nearly half a million residents lived there until 1988 in relative prosperity. In Hargeisa alone an estimated 50,000 people lost their lives. Only 5% of the buildings in Hargeisa still stand - the ones in which the government soldiers resided.

Hargeisa, the second town of Somalia and once the capital of British Somaliland, will have to entirely be rebuilt. The totality and destruction in Northern Somalia is beyond description. It is as if a nuclear bomb had exploded in this town. On the road from Hargeisa via Berbera to Burao, a penetrating smell warns of rotting human flesh. From the rubble of a blown up tank, a shrivelled leg sticks out. On the tarmac lies a decomposing flattened body.

While the clan fighting in the south continues, the SNM has established a fragile peace in the North, the former British Somaliland protectorate, led by Abdirahman Tuur."

AUN Abdirahman Tuur, a hero of Somaliland

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Futurist

Futurist

Ratings:
    +1,285
    I urge all Somalilanders, don't fall for their cheap words

We know Somalia all too well

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Futurist

Futurist

Ratings:
    +1,285
  4. Futurist

Futurist

Ratings:
    +1,285
    Any Somalilander who supports South Somalia Whether it be Coldoon, Naima Qorane or Dirty Waqooyi MPS should an enemy of Somaliland. Persona non grata. Punishable by the severest form permitted by our Somaliland constitution.

To support South Somalia, to re unite with them, would be to spit on the graves of our dead loved ones. It must never be allowed to happen. Under any circumstances.

5. EDsomali

EDsomali

Ratings:
    +1,291
    I'm not sure the death toll was 50,000.

The figure would probably be lower,

in the 5-10,000 range.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Futurist

Futurist

Ratings:
    +1,285
    Even Saado Cali the famous unionist sang about it

Here she is singing

"Dhamaan reer waqooyi aaway"

"Where have all the northern people gone? What happened to them?"

7. Futurist

Futurist

Ratings:
    +1,285
    Don't take my word for it, here is an article from The New York Times dating from 1988, at the height of the genocide committed by Somalia's late dictator. The NYT is a famous independent newspaper publication. It has no affiliation with any Somali group. It has no reason to lie or make up figures. Even they say that an estimated 10,000 were killed in the first month alone. What do you think happens when you use aerial bombardment in the second and third most populous cities in the country i.e. Hargeisa and Burco? Tens of thousands die.

8. EDsomali

EDsomali

Ratings:
    +1,291

Is just that the north was neglected throughout Siad Barre's reign that the population of the urban areas would not have been high enough for a death toll of that figure.

For example, only 400,000 lived in cities outside Xamar, that is including those in the South which were invested more in.

I think the toll is closer to 5-10,000, I've seen sources state that as well which leads me to favour that figure over the higher number.

But nonetheless, any deaths of Somalis is tragic.

AUN to those that died.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Futurist

Futurist

Ratings:
    +1,285
    @EDsomali yes of course you know better with some figures that you plucked from your ass. GTFOH

10. EDsomali

EDsomali

Ratings:
    +1,291
    Your Source confirms my doubts.

It states that the population of Hargeisa And Burao was a combined 140,000 which itself may be high.

For a figure of 50,000 to die, a third of the population would of have to die in both cities. Some figure of 100,000-200,000 would mean all the city would have died and an additional number of people.

upload_2019-4-22_20-30-42.png
    Source

Also, the 5000 figure comes from this source which seems to coincide with my doubts about the urban population.

upload_2019-4-22_20-38-25.png
    Source- Helen Chapin Metz, ed. Somalia: A Country Study. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1992.

Me stating that 5000 people died is not meant to reduce the severity of the crimes committed.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. Abdurahman_somali

Abdurahman_somali

Ratings:
    +2,655
    This "the people of Somaliland where killed by the people of Somalia" is a big lie. The truth is the Barre regime wanted to completely wipe out the Isaaq-clan with generous help of northern Darood (warsangeli and Dhulo), reer Awdal (Samaroon) and the Ogadeen refuugees.

Southern Somalis like Hawiye and Raxanweyn and minorities who make up alone 85 percent of southeners have done shit to us. Our SNM politicans saw a great opportunity to make peace with northern tribes to recreate Somaliland so they changed the narrative.

To be honest we should have completely wipped the floor with Dhulos, Warsans and reer Awdal till there would not be much left of them (like it happened to us) and then after we should have moved on, to make peace, without talking much about the past.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Abdurahman_somali

Abdurahman_somali

Ratings:
    +2,655
    @Factz saaxib tell us, which of those two have the more realistic figures ?

13. whitehartlane

whitehartlane

Ratings:
    +1,068
    Aun to all those that died..

-Including the dead toll from the Habro wars...

Siad barre was a dictator that has committed horrible crimes however he has never done that under a Somalia v isaaq but siad barre and his lackeys v who ever is against his rule ...

Darood people have never participated nor approved his actions..

@Factz you are writing a fiction bro..I look forward your trilogy of books on bollocks

14. Factz

Factz VIP

Ratings:
    +17,076
    I will share my opinions with you tomorrow, inshallah. I'm very busy right now.

This is @Futurist thread and the one commenting. I didn't even type anything. :drakewtf:

Wallahi some people really need their eyes and brain checked. :heh:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 5
  15. whitehartlane

whitehartlane

Ratings:
    +1,068
    :dead1:

@Abdurahman_somali
    Have a quick word with yourself mate, ...:francis:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Crow

Crow Make Hobyo Great Again

Ratings:
    +18,502
    I came to the same number here.
    The 50k, 500k stuff is baseless nonsense they've created for ictiraaf.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yonis

Yonis Puntland Youth Organiser FDK Visionary VIP

Ratings:
    +17,466
    Nice propaganda there

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. GBTarmy

GBTarmy

Ratings:
    +10,655
    the habro wars killed a lot of isaaqs maybe even more than the bombings

• Like Like x 2
  19. XamarWeeaboo

XamarWeeaboo You expected something here didn't you?!?!?

Ratings:
    +641
    AUN to those that died, however many countries have gone through similar situations and are now moving forward. The best, most relevant example of humanity and walalnimo is Rwanda, the ****s and tutsis are living side by side. Yes there is tension and animosity, but they have built one of the best countries in all of sub-sahara africa.

Who says that there isn't a day where we can sit down and look past these tragedies and show ourselves true human kindness. What we need is soul searching, not using the dead (AUN) to further our agendas.

20. Juuqbuuqluuq

Juuqbuuqluuq

Ratings:
    +1,222
    No point in posting this. HRW was on the ground in the 80s and has a 200 p.g doc name Government at war with it's people. Their estimates are above 50k and Majority of Somalis who are not your qabiil dont give a fuck tbh, actually most consider those days Somalias golden era and see you and your dead as the spoilers:icon lol:. You had poets led by clan and propagate by Somali republic writing famous poems like Daarood Ku Fuul. That same generation is still alive and went from thinking they're kings to giving birth to these people you're arguing with in section 8 housing. Let that sink in:pachah1:

• Like Like x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted