#Growingupsomali

When your mom yelled "Abahada Wass" at you

CJ6_m67UcAEjqNc

When the lullabies you grew up on were brutal

CKMnqo_WoAAAUI9

When the back part of the remote was always missing

When you got told about the story about the woman who threw the kitaab and turned into whatever this is:

CJ8pSznWgAAZw_q

When this was the cure for all of your diseases
22043_7up_33cl_burk.jpg

When your mom told you "at the age of 7 I was running a whole household, feeding everybody from human, animal and jinns!!"

When your mom told you that you were going to Dubai but you ended up stranded in badiyo.

Continue....

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
I will never understand parents that say to they kids abaha w....I even remember hearing a Somali lady saying to her kid once and I told her she could say abaha cuun at least if she has to curse. She looked at me as if I was a shaydan for telling her how to raise her kids. My parents never used this on us alhamdulillāh.

:faysalwtf:

I remember not knowing my parents name until like the age of 7 lol, always used to say abo and hooyo when people asked me their name. I never got that much beats as kid but the threats alone was enough to give a kid trauma... 'Wirr & Aarr'.

When my mum bought home an African phone card, we knew that night was going to be lots of buuq and we'd tread it.
:jcoleno:

I will never understand parents that say to they kids abaha w....I even remember hearing a Somali lady saying to her kid once and I told her she could say abaha cuun at least if she has to curse. She looked at me as if I was a shaydan for telling her how to raise her kids. My parents never used this on us alhamdulillāh.

:faysalwtf:

I remember not knowing my parents name until like the age of 7 lol, always used to say abo and hooyo when people asked me their name. I never got that much beats as kid but the threats alone was enough to give a kid trauma... 'Wirr & Aarr'.

When my mum bought home an African phone card, we knew that night was going to be lots of buuq and we'd tread it.
:jcoleno:
Luckily it's not all mothers who say this to their children..

psyche

To each their own
Whenever you disagree with your hooyo's opinion and she decides to pull the 'I carried you for 9 months' card like it validates her point.o_O

Last edited:

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
I've watched almost every iconic horror movie as a kid and witnessed people getting slaughtered at the hands of Freddy/Jason/leatherface/predator/alien/that pale Asian chick with strange movements etc

Those never made me even flinch, but that fucking dog lady traumatized me so much, I'm still hesitant on scrolling back up and seeing that grotesque posture and body hair again.

When you come back home after a long day of herding and looking after them goats iyo laxo, then they start counting them :yacadiim:, and it turns out labo laxood are missing , and it's already night time , it's pitch black outside , but you undoubtedly know if you don't find laba laxood caawa you will not live to see the qorax tomorrow.

:ileycry:

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Carrying on with the topic, anyone notice how Somali mothers avoid doing certain things at night? Things which are considered normal during the day

They'll tell you to not...
Cut your hair at night
Trim your nails at night
Looking at a mirror

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
You know you are Somali when your hooyo put saalid macsaro forcibly all over your face before you went to school and no kids talked to you at school cause your forehead looked like this:
q1Flbwm.gif
29e.jpg

:liberaltears::lawd::mjcry::jcoleno:

Last edited:
When there's no discrimination by hooyo

When you hear your siblings getting beat, and you know your next, I always hid under something, then hooyo will walk in and say "hanado hooyo maku garacayiy" I came out all happy, then SLAP, I was knocked out.

Walhi I hated my sister so much, but the beatings got the better of us, and we decided to settle the 8 year beef we had between eachother

nomadicblood

I am not a farax
Growing up somali:

Relatives from back home sending pics like this:

Attachments

• 060FE51C-E94D-42D8-9A83-99AEB6305A36.jpeg
    060FE51C-E94D-42D8-9A83-99AEB6305A36.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 94

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Whenever I said anything that wasn’t within hooyos views she’d say I carried you 9 months

one day in elementary school I decided to be a smart ass and say “you chose to”

I got the shit beat out of me :mjlol:

Trending