Grenfell Tower: The Media is lying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
At least 40 people are dead and the media is reporting only 17. I understand they have to identify the bodies first, but they can atleast give us a correct estimate!

They're lying in order to avoid public uproar. I'm sad and shocked at how something like this could happen. I know people who were told to not go in and save their family, but went in anyway and manage to get them out safely.

They were telling people they will rescue them and to be calm and wait while they had no intention of going anywhere past the 4th floor. They should have deployed helicopters very early on to save lives. I am sad and shocked.

The government is obviously trying to downplay this because they are the ones responsible for this.

The residents complained months ago that the building was unsafe and the government didn't do anything about it.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
It's because if the media gave the actual death figures of this terrible incident then there would be an increase of people blaming the local borough for not investing more in public services as well as the people of the building for not doing what the residents of the flat block wanted them to do.

It could also be said that the reason why there was no actual death figure is because of the problems the 'government' is going through now. I believe the media knows that there is a great dissatisfaction of people hating on the government which they do not want more people to detest the government for their inability of proposing a legislation which could have prevented this incident from happening in Parliament.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
The figures could be in the hundreds actually.

Rescuers say finding a survivor in the inferno tower would be a 'miracle' raising fears HUNDREDS have died as ministers face mounting pressure over why 'fire hazard' cladding was used

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4605360/Cladding-turned-tiny-fire-hell.html#ixzz4k54fNKBg
It's definitely in the 100s, but minimum at least 40. It's hard to find the bodies since they have probably burned beyond recognition. It's a horrible thing burning to death.

Because the Tory government is directly responsible for this. They let the dodgy landlords run amok with their refusal to pass stricter regulations to hold them accountable.

The housing minister is also to blame for holding off on signing safety inspections that were meant to be done years ago. Heads will roll for this

N

nadia

Apparently there were more than 100 people in the tower some of the firefighters reported this. BBC news did say the death toll could be as high as 135, but hopefully the number is much lower

Those two school girls who still sat their GCSE exams in their pyjamas after losing everything. That's real courage.

Yet Theresa May makes a brief visit and doesn't even bother talking to the residents. That's real cowardice.

How did that building burn up like that from the outside? Bricks are obviously fire resistant.

The building must have been completely renovated from the outside using some flammable material.

Where was the sprinkler system? It could have been contained in that one area.

What would the media get from lying about the number of dead? Actually, the media is shameless and wants a bigger number. They can only confirm what is told by them by emergency services and the landlord.

Whoever is left in there though will not be found. It was a crematorium judging from the video. I heard it's still burning.

RIP

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Some of the material from China are really dangerous. I remember few years ago in Dubai, five-star hotel went up in flames with few minutes

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
I'm thinking at least 100+ people died. The whole flat caught fire.

Not much the media can do other than say people are missing.

Gambar

VIP
How did that building burn up like that from the outside? Bricks are obviously fire resistant.

The building must have been completely renovated from the outside using some flammable material.

Where was the sprinkler system? It could have been contained in that one area.

What would the media get from lying about the number of dead? Actually, the media is shameless and wants a bigger number. They can only confirm what is told by them by emergency services and the landlord.

Whoever is left in there though will not be found. It was a crematorium judging from the video. I heard it's still burning.

RIP
There was no sprinkler. Is this the third world? Accudubillahi

Status
Not open for further replies.