Grant.. Come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
@Grant

Here are my questions:

Your first time you heard a country called Somalia what was your reaction ?

How many countries have you been to and where does SOMALIA stand in the best time category ?

After your time in Somalia has it ever crossed your mind that these people will turn into cannibals that they will self destruct.

Were you following the demise of the Siyad Regime , January 27 1991?

Have you ever contemplated converting to Islam ?

Have you given the chance of at least visiting the stable part of Somalia, places like Puntland and Somaliland.

Since your return from Somslia have you run into Somalis in the 70s,80s and 90s ?

Are you thinking about going to Minneapolis?

Lastly ..what do you think is Somali people's worst attribute and their greatest

Thank you Grant !

Most of these are easy and can be handled here. I will start nibbling corners as I have the time.

When I was invited to the Peace Corps, I had no idea what or where Somalia was. I had to find it on a map. Curiosity? One administrator in training said I had a "wait and see" attitude.

I have been to a lot of countries but have really only lived in Somalia and the Philippines. They are similar but different. I would have to say both are a mixed bag, having both good and bad elements. Of course, Shabaab and the war have made a difference. And having family in the Philippines helps a lot. A return to Somalia has great appeal, but for me today the Philippines would probably yield the best time. Not that I am sorry that I went, but It's a little hard for me to think of Somalia as a "good time" place.

menace

VIP
Most of these are easy and can be handled here. I will start nibbling corners as I have the time.

When I was invited to the Peace Corps, I had no idea what or where Somalia was. I had to find it on a map. Curiosity? One administrator in training said I had a "wait and see" attitude.

I have been to a lot of countries but have really only lived in Somalia and the Philippines. They are similar but different. I would have to say both are a mixed bag, having both good and bad elements. Of course, Shabaab and the war have made a difference. And having family in the Philippines helps a lot. A return to Somalia has great appeal, but for me today the Philippines would probably yield the best time. Not that I am sorry that I went, but It's a little hard for me to think of Somalia as a "good time" place.

This is not fair and honorable. You've asked me to jut down my questions and all you did is answer 1 or 2 questions.

You will note that it has been the Church, and not me, that has changed position since the 60's, and the younger generation understands this. And I am not alone.
It's no wonder a Church that changes its teachings to conform with what's trending, appease secularists or secular laws doesn't inspire loyalty and following. As an expert of Judaism, did its teachings undergo many changes like the Mormon teachings?

Menace,

Concerning your question number three:

Remember that for most of a year I was locked away in the Lower Jubba and essentially did not have contact with other Volunteers or the rest of the country. When I finally did get back to Mog, what I needed was people I knew and re-immersion in my own culture. But I did not know how to contact anyone I knew and someone at the PC office sent me to accompany a construction Volunteer to Eyl to discuss the construction of a school. We stayed over one or two nights, with a longish rest-stop in Dhussamareeb and what amounted to a border clearance at a balli between Dhussamareeb and Eyl.

I explored Eyl while my companion did the negotiating. I discovered a bundle of a dozen rusting plows on the brink of the cliff beneath the town, just not quite in the salty grave of the sea. By the waters below a skinny Somali woman in an off-white cloth simultaneously watched a naked two or three-year old and a shark tethered to a stick stuck in the sand by a piece of cord. Above them was a small beach and a plant-filled cliff face with water trickling down. Baboons played and foraged and drank among the plants. Above the beach and just above the base of the cliff was an 18-24 inch high slot carved two to three feet deep by what I suppose were high tides. The floor and the ceiling were both flat, the ceiling rippled with a dense mat of fossil sea shells. It was hot by the time I found it. I crawled in out of the sun, began to study the shells, and fell asleep.

I was probably partly delusional by the time we left Mog. I don't think I slept well the night before. Unusual for me, I had a dream that stuck with me. In it General Daud was assassinated and the border between Dhussamareeb and Eyl closed. There was a lot of confusion and then I saw a huge fireball rise to the north. I had this horrible feeling that things would get much worse if I didn't get out of there.

By the time I got back to Mog I had stopped sleeping and was evacuated within a few days.

Please interpret as you will. Was it just bufis or did the shells have clues?

After ten years at that other forum, and in retrospect, I am certainly not surprised by the Civil War.

Menace, #4:

Shortly after independence the US agreed to fund the Police and the Russians funded the army. With the Kacaan, the Russians agreed to fund Somalia entirely if the government would kick the US out. The PC was given only something like 48 hours to get even the most remotely posted Volunteers out of the country. The mail stopped. Unless the story was huge, like Blackhawk Down, African news rarely made even the national papers. I had problems of my own then and completely lost touch. I was not even aware when the Kacaan lost power.

I didn't know anything about Islam when I went to Somalia and we were told not to discuss religion. If people asked, I told them "Mormon", but that was the end of it and I am sure they did not understand.

Gurey gave me an introduction to Islam when I first joined Somnet. I got messed up by the hadiths and abrogations and what seemed like confused accounts of Biblical stories. Mad Mac told me that I would dislike the faith the more I got to know it, and that has turned out to be significantly true. I find the Nejdian/ Wahaabbi/Salihiya perspective quite dangerous, but have been impresssed by the Sufis and especially the Qadiris as represented by Sheikh Awes al Baraawe. I believe he deserves a lot more attention than he has gotten.

When I rejected the faith I was raised in, I think that did it for me and religion. I am not looking to replace it with something else.

It turns out that the Gosha is nearly a separate country. Folks here are talking sending the Bantus back to Bantuland, at the very least disenfranchising them and taking their shambas. They were my friends and they are those to whom I feel I owe my support and loyalty. I will wait to go to Somalia until the Gosha is free.

My landlord visited me in Southern California in 1969.

Sometime in the 90's I saw a guy working at my usual gas station, wearing a Somali afro. I asked Somali miyaa and we struck up a conversation. He had known Bob Blackburn, the PC administrator in the north. I think he went back to Somalia and started one of the telecommunications companies in the Northwest. Oakland has Ethiopians and Eritreans but not many Somalis, at least that can be visually identified.

Minneapolis? I have considered visiting Jacfar, but he is in Columbus.

Worst?
Intolerance and xenophobia.

Best?
Probably language and business skills. Somalis are verbally talented.

It's no wonder a Church that changes its teachings to conform with what's trending, appease secularists or secular laws doesn't inspire loyalty and following. As an expert of Judaism, did its teachings undergo many changes like the Mormon teachings?

I know a little about Judaism but am hardly an expert. What I do know is that it developed in phases. The period of the Patriarchs Abraham and Lot was one of pure pastoralism. This was followed by periods of both independence and slavery, generally under settled or urban conditions.
Judaism began as a sacrificial cult, which was elaborated during the Temple periods. With the destruction of the second Temple by the Romans, religious sacrifice was no longer possible and we enter the phase of Rabinic Judaism, for which I am not qualified to speak. Please check this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbinic_Judaism

menace

VIP
Grant ,

Come visit us gere in Columbus..you'll be surprised at how civil and stable I am in real life obamadatazz:banderas:

And your bariis and hilib is on me

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
It turns out that the Gosha is nearly a separate country. Folks here are talking sending the Bantus back to Bantuland, at the very least disenfranchising them and taking their shambas. They were my friends and they are those to whom I feel I owe my support and loyalty. I will wait to go to Somalia until the Gosha is free.

how bout freedom for the gosha in your own country? Where's your support and loyalty for them?

menace

VIP
how bout freedom for the gosha in your own country? Where's your support and loyalty for them?

Good effing point ..
Grant ..do you think your people are immune to this human behavior ..as if you don't descriminate against them in the work force, in policing, in housing, in schools and much more ..do not throw rocks when you live in a bubble :browtf::damn:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Good effing point ..
Grant ..do you think your people are immune to this human behavior ..as if you don't descriminate against them in the work force, in policing, in housing, in schools and much more ..do not throw rocks when you live in a bubble :browtf::damn:

Wonder what he had to say about the shiidle boy who was raped and burnt to a crisp by his qabil.

Are you sure you understood what was written there? And are you now talking about Somali Bantu or Blacks in general?

Do the Peace Corps or the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960's ring any bells with you?

menace

VIP
Are you sure you understood what was written there? And are you now talking about Somali Bantu or Blacks in general?

Do the Peace Corps or the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960's ring any bells with you?

We all have our ills in our societies Grant, civil rights or not. Having a legislation on a peace of paper don't mean anything when the majority of your brethrens are racist to the core. You got folks amongst you that have a fascists flag as their state flag .,a flag that was the Sybil of tyranny and genocide...or you don't thibj a genocide happened Grant ?

Menace,

You don't seem to be following modern American history. Ferguson was followed by protests and a near clean sweep of the prosecutor's office and the police department. Municipalities are busy buying body and dashboard cams. They are loosing lots and lots of money in civil suits.

There is a quiet revolution taking place as cell phones with video cameras and dna evidence enter the courtroom and the demographic of the country changes. As of Jul 1, 2013 Whites were no longer a majority in California. They are projected to no longer be a majority in the US by 2043. . And you will please notice that proponents of flying the Confederate Battle Flag have been loosing court case after court case. This is already absolutely not the country it was in the 1950's.

As a participant in two of the more significant civil rights movements of the 20th century, I don't feel you should be pointing this particular finger at me.

menace

VIP
It has been confirmed that 60% of who participate in PC and missionaries are child molestors...they join it because they know that these third world countries have no institutions to protect their children and so you have sicko Ralph from a Saburb in Mayberry USA going to a country like Botswana to fulfill his fetish ...it's a fact...nothing against you Grant, unless you feel deep guilt :reallymaury::cosbyhmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending