Grant.. Come in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen Carawelo

There's a Somali saying " beentaada hore runtaada dambe bey curyaamisaa". I basically trolled so much that now that in dead serious I'm still considered a troll.

That been said I am a YouTube mogul. I own like 8 different YouTube channels that have gathered me about 3m viewers.

I am adamant that I interview Mr Grant because walahi I find his sheekos quite amazing.

somaliSpotter I urge you to apologize to me. You have insulted my integrity and my previous dignity.

Looooooooool@ 8 channels. Menace what are you doing with 8 freaking channels.

Grant,

Why are you keep dodging my quest ion?

Can I conduct an official interview of you?...if you don't want to show your face then we can do a audio interview.

I wanna save your story for a future "library of Congress" in Somalia

Menace,

I am reluctant to get involved in one of your self-promotion schemes. Furthermore, some of what I might say could get certain parties quite upset. Let me see a list of your questions. We might be able to come up with a format for some of them. Not promising.

I intended to retire in Somalia, to complete the second year of my two-year contract term, but that has not been possible. Perhaps, now that you have restored my contact with Jilib, it can still happen. Boon is now extinct in Jilib and there was an afMaay vocabulary list published in 2003!

Are you sure? There is not a single person that speaks the boni language in existence? them all the old people that spoke it must be ten feet under right now probably.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Menace,

I am reluctant to get involved in one of your self-promotion schemes. Furthermore, some of what I might say could get certain parties quite upset. Let me see a list of your questions. We might be able to come up with a format for some of them. Not promising.

Fair enough ...I will present my question to you and then if you accept it then hopefully you can recorded in an audio or something ....or you can write it down here...I'll have this topic attached at the top ...

Please understand that I am no longer the old Menace, this Menace is a more civilized and dignified one, that's why I opened this forum.

Geeljire,

http://www.christusrex.org/www3/ethno/Soma.html

BONI (AWEERA, AWEER, WAATA, SANYE) [BOB] 5,000 in all countries (1980); few, if any, in Somalia (1991); 3,500 in Kenya (1994). Afro-Asiatic, Cushitic, East, Rendille-Boni. Reported to be linguistically close to Garre of Somalia, but not close in appearance or culture. Hunters. Muslim.

BOON (AF-BOON) [BNL] Speakers are over 60 years old (1986 M. Lamberti). Jilib District, Middle Jubba Region, scattered in the bush and live in settlements of 2 or 3 houses with their closest relatives. Afro-Asiatic, Cushitic, East, Unclassified. There are similarities to Somali. Not the same as Boni. In recent decades they have shifted to the Maay dialect of Jilib. Hunter-gatherers, leather workers. Nearly extinct.

Are you sure? There is not a single person that speaks the boni language in existence? them all the old people that spoke it must be ten feet under right now probably.

Please see the post directly above this one. Sorry I didn't get it addressed properly the first time.

menace

VIP
Grant is such a hard headed and paranoid. Here I am trying be as convenient as possible to conduct an interview for the benefit of all.however he is being aloof and unwilling.

F

Forfon

Grant is such a hard headed and paranoid. Here I am trying be as convenient as possible to conduct an interview for the benefit of all.however he is being aloof and unwilling.

Maybe, he doesn't really give shit about you and your questions.

And maybe I just remember other situations where he suddenly went from this:

"Fair enough ...I will present my question to you and then if you accept it then hopefully you can recorded in an audio or something ....or you can write it down here...I'll have this topic attached at the top ...

Please understand that I am no longer the old Menace, this Menace is a more civilized and dignified one, that's why I opened this forum."

to this: "Grant is such a hard headed and paranoid. Here I am trying be as convenient as possible to conduct an interview for the benefit of all.however he is being aloof and unwilling." with no additional comment from me.

Menace, you have my terms. The ball is in your court. See if you can proceed without muddying the waters any more than you already have.

In the 1960s, especially when he was in Somalia, young Grant was fragile and lacked survival skills. As a Mormon, black people weren't equal to him, so he believed he was superior to them. I suspect he believed they were nijas. Refer to the link (might shock you if you read it) for Mormon beliefs during the 1960s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_in_Mormon_doctrine

A relationship/marriage between a Mormon and black was something unheard of during the 1960s. It was haram, forbidden by the Mormon teachings. I would add, Grant doesn't appear to have properly processed his experiences in Somalia.

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
In the 1960s, especially when he was in Somalia, young Grant was fragile and lacked survival skills. As a Mormon, black people weren't equal to him, so he believed he was superior to them. I suspect he believed they were nijas. Refer to the link (might shock you if you read it) for Mormon beliefs during the 1960s:

A relationship/marriage between a Mormon and black was something unheard of during the 1960s. It was haram, forbidden by the Mormon teachings. I would add, Grant doesn't appear to have properly processed his experiences in Somalia.

You could ask him instead of assuming. Much easier

Nambar,

You are correct about Mormons in the 60's. My father was a bishop and I graduated from seminary, the usual preparation for a Mormon missionary. My father was also the guy who organized the construction of the Thor, Atlas and Titan missiles. He was chief of logistics at SBAMA. In serving in the Peace Corps in Somalia I was not serving as a missionary in Germany or fighting the nationalist Vietnamese. I was an adolescent rebel of long standing. I went to Church to bury my parents, and since 1961 that has been my only contact. I did not and do not espouse or follow the faith, for exactly the reasons that article states.

I found the slender Somali women attractive, but shukansi was beyond my linguistic skills. One young lady by the name of Sultana, a friend of my landlord's second wife, rejected me outright. s were available when I got to the cities, but I had no luck at home.

In my group, Virginia Shine married Mahamud Jamaac, who became the SL ambassador to Kenya. They are still together, but I don't know of any other PC/Somali marriages. Mahamud spoke English, which I think is what made the difference.

With respect to processing my Somali experiences, I have only been working at it since 2005. Give me time.

I think that I am making progress but that your case may be hopeless.

menace

VIP
Nambar,

You are correct about Mormons in the 60's. My father was a bishop and I graduated from seminary, the usual preparation for a Mormon missionary. My father was also the guy who organized the construction of the Thor, Atlas and Titan missiles. He was chief of logistics at SBAMA. In serving in the Peace Corps in Somalia I was not serving as a missionary in Germany or fighting the nationalist Vietnamese. I was an adolescent rebel of long standing. I went to Church to bury my parents, and since 1961 that has been my only contact. I did not and do not espouse or follow the faith, for exactly the reasons that article states.

I found the slender Somali women attractive, but shukansi was beyond my linguistic skills. One young lady by the name of Sultana, a friend of my landlord's second wife, rejected me outright. s were available when I got to the cities, but I had no luck at home.

In my group, Virginia Shine married Mahamud Jamaac, who became the SL ambassador to Kenya. They are still together, but I don't know of any other PC/Somali marriages. Mahamud spoke English, which I think is what made the difference.

With respect to processing my Somali experiences, I have only been working at it since 2005. Give me time.

I think that I am making progress but that your case may be hopeless.

Am I seeing things or you actually just said ""? :damn::deadrose::deadrose: As in " hoes/s"

You must have broken many hearts for renouncing your faith. What was the punishment of becoming a murtad under the Mormon teachings?

Mormons believe in free will. I am sure there was some sadness, but the blood ties were not broken. My family disagreed but always supported me. And at least in part understood my position. You will note that it has been the Church, and not me, that has changed position since the 60's, and the younger generation understands this. And I am not alone.

There is a tradition of "jack" Mormons in the family. My father's father didn't go to church, smoked and drank. Still, he was a greatly respected member of the community and was buried in "Temple" robes, the highest mark of Church authority.

I suppose the equivalent of murtad would be "apostate", which would have had consequences. But that would have required previous belief and a public statement of belief, followed by denial and publicly teaching against the Church position. This could result in shunning or ex-communication. That never happened, either with me or my grandfather. I didn't get to Utah and under Church control until I was ten, and I never did believe. My grandfather was a cattleman and he kept his thoughts to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts