GPD China vs Africa (1980 vs 2016) What can Somalia learn from China

1616336296440.png

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Be willing to sell your people as cheap labor and put up with decades of pollution, repression and environmental degradation so that most of your population live like westerners like 30-40 years in the future?

Reborn
Be willing to sell your people as cheap labor and put up with decades of pollution, repression and environmental degradation so that most of your population live like westerners like 30-40 years in the future?

You're asking that as a privileged African man living in the west who lower class citizens alongside the exploitation of colonization was worked to death for 100's of years to get their position. :hmm:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You're asking that as a privileged African man living in the west who lower class alongside the exploitation of colonization was worked to death for 100's of years to get their position. :hmm:

I don't live in the west. I live in the Khaleej (Dubai/Sharjah) where I was born and raised.

Close. The story of how they lifted the record amount of people from poverty in record time.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Masshallah :rejoice:

Also still have my Somali passport and always have as these Khaleejis don't do that citizenship stuff and I grew up going back to the hooyoland as a kid. Somalia is like a 2 hour flat from here. Despite owning a business here I see no future in the Khaleej though and am hoping to move back to Somalia soon and settle there so when I speak of it I'm very much speaking as a man from there, not some reer qurbo all the way in another timezone who is unlikely to ever return.

Also still have my Somali passport and always have as these Khaleejis don't do that citizenship stuff and I grew up going back to the hooyoland as a kid. Somalia is like a 2 hour flat from here. Despite owning a business here I see no future in the Khaleej though and am hoping to move back to Somalia soon and settle there so when I speak of it I'm very much speaking as a man from there, not some reer qurbo all the way in another timezone who is unlikely to ever return.

Said this in another thread, the khaleej is a ticking time bomb and every Somali living there should be working on a long-term exit plan

Mukhy

Somalilander | Habr Jeclo | Muslim | Barça Fan
Show us your cerebral ways, oh wise one. Educate us! Grace us with your excellent knowledge! Make us weep at our own stupidity. We are waiting.

:leon:
Ah yes. An ignorant one. I have a few words. If you want to trade your diin for money, that's fine by me and we all know what china is doing.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
They cant hand out citizenship because their monarchy-rentier state will collapse, they cant have high population because they wont be able to successfully bribe people with social welfare. Anyways the system is not sustainable especially now with energy prices falling.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yall should just go djibouti and make use of the free trade zone for business. Opportunities are abundant no point staying with people who will kick you out at any moment. If you wanna stay there go to a country like oman or qatar. If there are lawyers ,doctors and engineers i'm sure you they could find jobs elsewhere

Or educate your population in large numbers, built relationships with countries and their universities to educate your students for you.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Or educate your population in large numbers, built relationships with countries and their universities to educate your students.

If that worked Sudan would be heaven right now. They're a very educated lot over there in Khartoum. Like really and yet...

:wow:

No amount of smarts can fix a lack of jobs and an economy. You'll just suffer brain-drain as the educated youth are frustrated and will go wherever they can find work. In fact, this is already in part happening in Somalia. I went back there a while back on business to several cities and the number of young men and women I met who had degrees and were either not working or doing something like working as a waiter and telling me they wanted to go abroad like to Europe to find work "worthy" of them was disheartening.

If that worked Sudan would be heaven right now. They're a very educated lot over there in Khartoum. Like really and yet...

:wow:

No amount of smarts can fix a lack of jobs and an economy. You'll just suffer brain-drain as the educated youth are frustrated and will go wherever they can find work. In fact, this is already in part happening in Somalia. I went back there a while back on business to several cities and the number of young men and women I met who had degrees and were either not working or doing something like working as a waiter and telling me they wanted to go abroad like to Europe to find work "worthy" of them was disheartening.
Its because the governments are corrupt. If somalia had stability and no corruption today these people would be working in factories or offices