Got made fun of for having a Somali name... in Somalia

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
I went to Somalia a year ago for the first time ever and my family would ask me what my name is and when I would tell them they would laugh and say “What is that? What kind of name is that?” They even told my mom that she should’ve given me another name. But the gag is my name is a traditional old somali name:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
I went to Somalia a year ago for the first time ever and my family would ask me what my name is and when I would tell them they would laugh and say “What is that? What kind of name is that?” They even told my mom that she should’ve given me another name. But the gag is my name is a traditional old somali name:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
My friend is from Puntland and her name is Maria.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
don’t mislead people. It’s not like they’re making fun of your name because it’s a somali name, they’re probably making fun of it for different reasons. Maybe it’s a funny sounding name (to them).

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
don’t mislead people. It’s not like they’re making fun of your name because it’s a somali name, they’re probably making fun of it for different reasons. Maybe it’s a funny sounding name (to them).
No they were asking “magac somali miyaa waxaas?” And laughing. how are u gonna speak over me when you wasn’t even there :camby:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
No they were asking “magac somali miyaa waxaas?” And laughing. how are u gonna speak over me when you wasn’t even there :camby:
they literally asked if it’s somali, which means they’re not laughing because it’s somali. They’re laughing for a different reason lol.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
they literally asked if it’s somali, which means they’re not laughing because it’s somali. They’re laughing for a different reason lol.
no they were literally mocking me 💀 again you weren’t there so?? do you think I’m dumb and unable to understand words?

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Where you pronouncing your name with an English accent by any chance? I know too many Somali girls called Hodan who keep saying it as ho-dan even when they’re with Somalia people, or Yaxyes saying it as ‘yaya’ I fully support bullying such people. Sorry not sorry.

giphy.gif

Trending

Latest posts