Got made fun of for having a Somali name... in Somalia

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Where you pronouncing your name with an English accent by any chance? I know too many Somali girls called Hodan who keep saying it as ho-dan even when they’re with Somalia people, or Yaxyes saying it as ‘yaya’ I fully support bullying such people. Sorry not sorry.

giphy.gif
No I said my name how my parents say it so I think it’s right.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
I agree ive lost count of the times ive seen somalis naming a kid after a place or item

diamond = dheeman
Lemon= Leymuun
Honey= Hani
Berlin = Baarliin
Palestine= Falastiin
My mom was gonna name me Dheeman but my dad said that was a stupid name so I missed out :mjcry:

“LIBIN”, what does it mean? @Baarisiyomoos

I personally never heard of this name either, at first I thought you meant Liban? But it’s pronounced Li - Bin innit? And you’re a girl? I can see why they were laughing. I’m surprised no one else on this thread said the same thing 🤔

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
“LIBIN”, what does it mean? @Baarisiyomoos

I personally never heard of this name either, at first I thought you meant Liban? But it’s pronounced Li - Bin innit? And you’re a girl? I can see why they were laughing. I’m surprised no one else on this thread said the same thing 🤔
:mjlol::mjlol: Libin means winner or victorious. It’s not Liban it’s Libin Im a girl.

Exotic, foreign names are all the rage now back home. Baarliin, Istanbuul, Tasneem, Istarliin, Shanaz, Shazam, Shehnaaz, Natasha, etc. It’s ridiculous.

I went to Somalia a year ago for the first time ever and my family would ask me what my name is and when I would tell them they would laugh and say “What is that? What kind of name is that?” They even told my mom that she should’ve given me another name. But the gag is my name is a traditional old somali name:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
I went to Somalia a year ago for the first time ever and my family would ask me what my name is and when I would tell them they would laugh and say “What is that? What kind of name is that?” They even told my mom that she should’ve given me another name. But the gag is my name is a traditional old somali name:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
LMAO!!!! I went to Somalia and got no blacklash but older Somalis in the west have questioned me about my name🤷🏽‍♀️People just do too much. Btw My name is Mayran. I guess Somali names are out of date😭

Trending

Latest posts