Going to Africa in the summer

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Ok so basically I'm going to Africa in the summer, we're going to go to Somalia as well as Kenya. Any tips? I don't want to come of as dumb, clueless, and americanized.
:damn:

I've never left the US and my Somali is mediocre, not bad but nothing special.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1641545183001.png

Drop this miskiin western boy act when you go there. I'm worried other youth will make fun of me?

Naaaa bro when you go there dadka indaha u shid...screw face and act raggo!

Saying thank you or raaliho is taboo also.

Practice your geeljire walk. You don’t have to wear scruffy clothes, but just try to copy the local style. Have good posture (curved backs are the number one sign of a Hooyo Mataalo). Don’t take your smartphone out if you’re going to walk, it’s going to get stolen (dunno about the rest of Somalia, but in Hargeisa, it will). And most important of all, if you’re in the market, buying items, DO NOT TALK. Even with a fluent Somali accent, they can still pick up on your Westerness and will extort you. Let others do the haggling for you.

But anyways, have fun and explore. You’ll come across loads of hilarious madlads and gain a valuable experience. If you’re lacking in Somali, try to practice as much as you can.

Ok so basically I'm going to Africa in the summer, we're going to go to Somalia as well as Kenya. Any tips? I don't want to come of as dumb, clueless, and americanized.
:damn:

I've never left the US and my Somali is mediocre, not bad but nothing special.
where in somalia do your family hail from?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Beat the unruly kids to establish dominance otherwise they gone roast the shit out of you. Or bribe them.

Watch Bear Grylls too in case you get locked in a dhaqan celis prison in Xamar and have to make a dangerous journey to either Kenya or Ethiopia. You need those survival tactics.

They will make fun of and think you are retarded if you can't speak somali fluently. And will treat you like a small child. You will also stand out from the locals even if you wear clothes that locals wear. The home food in somalia will taste bad or plain so you will lose weight. Be prepared for major down grade for living standards.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Integrate with the locals, if they make fun of your Somali laugh with them and tell them you are trying to improve. First 6 months will be hell but it will get so good you wont wanna leave.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Drop this miskiin western boy act when you go there. I'm worried other youth will make fun of me?

Naaaa bro when you go there dadka indaha u shid...screw face and act raggo!

Saying thank you or raaliho is taboo also.
Saying thank you is taboo?????????

Trending

Latest posts