Going it alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything u should demand repatriation from the Daroods, since they were responsible for what have happened to your people.

Ask Puntland and Jubbaland to pay up.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
If anything u should demand repatriation from the Daroods, since they were responsible for what have happened to your people.

Ask Puntland and Jubbaland to pay up.
We were calling the shots everybody else participated including none darod:denzelnigga:
And us paying anything:cryinglaughsmiley:

S

syntax

Optic fibre in Somaliland? I did some research and I found one company offering broadband
at slow speeds up to 1mb and charging extortionate prices of 30 dollars a month.

lol That's because they don't really have "fiber optic". If you go back to the article, they said they have a broadband fiber optic link from Djibouti. Djibouti is a huge cable landing point for a lot of the undersea fiber optic cable systems in East Africa. So a lot of cities in East Africa are connected to them. Only city in Somali/Somaliland that benefits from good Internet is Xamar as you can see on this map. They got lucky couple years ago and got connected to the fastest of the 3 fiber optic systems that run on alongside the somali coast.

2000px-Cable_map18.svg.png

lol That's because they don't really have "fiber optic". If you go back to the article, they said they have a broadband fiber optic link from Djibouti. Djibouti is a huge cable landing point for a lot of the undersea fiber optic cable systems in East Africa. So a lot of cities in East Africa are connected to them. Only city in Somali/Somaliland that benefits from good Internet is Xamar as you can see on this map. They got lucky couple years ago and got connected to the fastest of the 3 fiber optic systems that run on alongside the somali coast.

2000px-Cable_map18.svg.png

This image is actually out of date and doesn't include overland fiber. I actually know some Kenyan folks who have been laying fiber across the border from Kenya into KDF/Jubbaland controlled areas of south Somalia.

S

syntax

This image is actually out of date and doesn't include overland fiber. I actually know some Kenyan folks who have been laying fiber across the border from Kenya into KDF/Jubbaland controlled areas of south Somalia.

This network map is just for the underwater sea cables, providers connect their own lines to it. Yeah I do realize it's out of date, I couln't find a more recent network map for the EASSy (Eastern Africa Submarine Cable System).

It's a lot better to be connected to the sea fiber optic channels than the land optic lines. You're latency is a bit lower since the data takes a faster route to the main source. I'd rather do that and cut out middle men than go through shady Kenyan businessmen.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
LooL so you believe power should equally be shared between Somalia and Somaliland (like 50/50 deal cml) before you guys renounce ur threats of independence?

Meth, as an intelligent guy, u should know ur people are 20 - 25% of the population.

If you are demanding more than your share, than good luck with your Ictiraaf.

Somalis have bent over backwards to please Isaaqs. Ur people have been part of all Somali government since the fall of Afweyne and given prominent positions.

Just like African Americans, u keep asking for more and more and more and more, and bringing up some shit that happened a long time ago that most of us had nothing to do with.
Lol you're acting as if you guys have the ability to impose unity upon us. Fact is, without AMISOM your government would crumble instantly. There's literally no incentive for us to come on board and unite with you lot. So whether or not you agree that Somaliland should have 50% of the power doesn't matter as we will won't agree with unity unless our terms are met, and there's nothing Somalia can do about it:mjdontkno:

This network map is just for the underwater sea cables, providers connect their own lines to it. Yeah I do realize it's out of date, I couln't find a more recent network map for the EASSy (Eastern Africa Submarine Cable System).

It's a lot better to be connected to the sea fiber optic channels than the land optic lines. I'd rather do that and cut out middle men than go through shady Kenyan businessmen.

When plans were being drawn up for EASSy landing points for oversea cable, Kismaayo made no sense. It was still in the hands of Al-Shabaab and who was going to pay? The Kenyan businessmen funding the operations overland into Jubbaland are actually Somali Kenyans, for what it's worth.

S

syntax

When plans were being drawn up for EASSy landing points for oversea cable, Kismaayo made no sense. It was still in the hands of Al-Shabaab and who was going to pay? The Kenyan businessmen funding the operations overland into Jubbaland are actually Somali Kenyans, for what it's worth.

That sounds nice, but leaves me a bit skeptical about it all. There's always companies collecting funds and promising "fiber optic" (i swear its jus a marketing gimmick at this point). Remember when SomCable announced they'd bring real fiber optic cable to somaliland.

Bosaso would make for a nice landing point wouldn't you agree? Only problem is that area of the sea has a lot of heavy ship/trawler traffic. Cable landing points usually are set in strategic positions to avoid that.

B

bilan M

Horta why is puntland called "puntland" ? where does the name come from?

B

bilan M

Guess...your mum tought you the ignorance is is bliss aswell..huh? How is that working out for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending