God damn Hausa's are the coolest West Africans!!

Today I saw a lot of MENA traditional attire all over the place in my ethic ghetto. Lots of people dressed up for eid.
One thing i've noticed at Eid prayers is that everyone proudly wears their traditional/ethnic clothing. I've seen the North Africans/Berbers wear their djellaba/aselham; South Asians wear their Shalwar kameez; Arabs wear their Jubba Thwab & so forth. However, Somalis only ever wear Arab clothing for the most part & too a lesser extent Western Clothing at Eid Prayer.

Apollo

VIP
One thing i've noticed at Eid prayers is that everyone proudly wears their traditional/ethnic clothing. I've seen the North Africans/Berbers wear their djellaba/aselham; South Asians wear their Shalwar kameez; Arabs wear their Jubba Thwab & so forth. However, Somalis only ever wear Arab clothing for the most part & too a lesser extent Western Clothing at Eid Prayer.

Lol, Somalis suffer from a collective self-esteem issue.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I was wondering why, so I asked my friend who wears arab clothes, he said it is sunnah- he is ver religious-, asked him how it is sunnah , stood silent for seconds then said: whatever mate :wow:

you dig niggas pulling up to the musjd like this?

1596226842013.png

1596226884499.png

:cosbyhmm:

The Somali language is something like 30% Arabic (vocabulary). It's so bad that I even understand what Arabs are talking about sometimes without ever having learned Arabic.
I think it's 20% Arabic loanwords, include some extra percentage from Indo-European and some minor shit from neighboring languages and aggregate to maybe 30%.

The average global borrowing rate is 25.2%, and it varies a lot, e.g. English 43%, Berber 53%, Mandarin 2%, Japanese 36%, Indonesian 35%, which put us in an okay position.

I think it's 20% Arabic loanwords, include some extra percentage from Indo-European and some minor shit from neighboring languages and aggregate to maybe 30%.

The average global borrowing rate is 25.2%, and it varies a lot, e.g. English 43%, Berber 53%, Mandarin 2%, Japanese 36%, Indonesian 35%, which put us in an okay position.
Is Arabic in line with or close to the global borrowing rate? I heard they heavily borrowed Persian words from the ancient times all they way through to the Islamic conquest of Iran which saw a larger influx of Persian words enter the Arabic lexicon.

Last edited: