God damn Hausa's are the coolest West Africans!!

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I think it's 20% Arabic loanwords, include some extra percentage from Indo-European and some minor shit from neighboring languages and aggregate to maybe 30%.

The average global borrowing rate is 25.2%, and it varies a lot, e.g. English 43%, Berber 53%, Mandarin 2%, Japanese 36%, Indonesian 35%, which put us in an okay position.
Can you give us a source?

Is Arabic in line with or close to the global borrowing rate? I heard they heavily borrowed Persian words from the ancient times all they way through to the Islamic conquest of Iran which saw a larger influx of Persian words enter the Arabic lexicon.
I'm not sure. It might vary from country to country because of different history, and maybe the remnants of pre-Arabization, also the synergic process with internal linguistic diversity of minority languages. Arabic is a big lender though.

One thing i've noticed at Eid prayers is that everyone proudly wears their traditional/ethnic clothing. I've seen the North Africans/Berbers wear their djellaba/aselham; South Asians wear their Shalwar kameez; Arabs wear their Jubba Thwab & so forth. However, Somalis only ever wear Arab clothing for the most part & too a lesser extent Western Clothing at Eid Prayer.

Traditional Somali clothes for women is quite revealing. Do you want Somali ladies to turn up to Eid prayers in their see through diracs and guuntino?

The Christianity that identifies Europe has its origins in Judaism, Islam is a reform to Christianity, many advances in the world are made by borrowing elements from other peoples, I do not see much problem

Traditional Somali clothes for women is quite revealing. Do you want Somali ladies to turn up to Eid prayers in their see through diracs and guuntino?

Somali women don't even wear traditional jewellery anymore. Forget clothing.

Have you ever seen a hirsi or an angalel (golden headpiece) or even arm bands etc. Or even the most important jewellery Cunaabi?

All that is worn by habashas and promos and most people would mistake it for Ethiopian tradition when it's entirely ours.

Feel like Somali culture is being eroded in every aspect. Especially with the Dirac and Baati fiasco.

Did you know that traditional Somali hairstyle(for nomads) was exactly like habashas? Part braids with poofy afro unbraided.

There's no reason why Somalis aren't wearing any of it except because they love copying everyone else.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Somali women don't even wear traditional jewellery anymore. Forget clothing.

Have you ever seen a hirsi or an angalel (golden headpiece) or even arm bands etc. Or even the most important jewellery Cunaabi?

All that is worn by habashas and promos and most people would mistake it for Ethiopian tradition when it's entirely ours.

Feel like Somali culture is being eroded in every aspect. Especially with the Dirac and Baati fiasco.

Did you know that traditional Somali hairstyle(for nomads) was exactly like habashas? Part braids with poofy afro unbraided.

There's no reason why Somalis aren't wearing any of it except because they love copying everyone else.
Post some those jew u mentionee cant find it

Post some those jew u mentionee cant find it

Cunaabi- Saada Cali AUN sang about it

1596266067692.jpeg

The yellow beads she’s wearing.
1596266290349.png

The thing around their neck is called hirsi. Usually made out of gold and Quran is written inside (now haram). They come in various sizes and can look very beautiful. No one wears them anymore, even without Quran. A part of our cultural totally erased in less than 30 years. Even colonialism didn’t destroy our culture like this. Now you only hear people with the last name hirsi. Smh

Sometimes you see Somalis wearing the traditional headpiece with beads or made out of gold. Maybe you will see that at a wedding.... maybe.

Some pics

1596266709902.jpeg

look at the girls hairstyle, you would assume she’s ethio because that’s their traditional style but it’s actually ours too. Reer miyi girls use to wear their hair like this and the children shaved their head except one part (dhoore).

1596266742803.jpeg

Marshall D Abdi

View attachment 135259

View attachment 135261
The thing around their neck is called hirsi. Usually made out of gold and Quran is written inside (now haram). They come in various sizes and can look very beautiful. No one wears them anymore, even without Quran. A part of our cultural totally erased in less than 30 years. Even colonialism didn’t destroy our culture like this. Now you only hear people with the last name hirsi. Smh

Sometimes you see Somalis wearing the traditional headpiece with beads or made out of gold. Maybe you will see that at a wedding.... maybe.

Some pics

View attachment 135263

look at the girls hairstyle, you would assume she’s ethio because that’s their traditional style but it’s actually ours too. Reer miyi girls use to wear their hair like this and the children shaved their head except one part (dhoore).

View attachment 135264
Daaamn we did use many jew like those like neckband i thaught it was berber and the hair was ethio daamn hirsi was beautiful why is it haram tho

Daaamn we did use many jew like those like neckband i thaught it was berber and the hair was ethio daamn hirsi was beautiful why is it haram tho

Everything is haram :(

We have such an amazing culture but our parents generation erased all of it.

Imagine if a Somali girl would wear this hairstyle everyone would think she’s pretending to be habasha. Smh

Even men use to wear hirsis.

I think that last tribe to wear clothes like this in the early 2000s were Gaaljecel and then they were forced into Pakistani and Iranian clothes by Al kebab.

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل

View attachment 135259

View attachment 135261

Some pics

View attachment 135263

View attachment 135264

As far as I know people who dressed like that lived in rural places. Also Hirsi is a normal name not a "last" name. There is no such thing as a surname in Somalia by the way, only the names of your father.

Marshall D Abdi

Everything is haram :(

We have such an amazing culture but our parents generation erased all of it.

Imagine if a Somali girl would wear this hairstyle everyone would think she’s pretending to be habasha. Smh

Even men use to wear hirsis.

I think that last tribe to wear clothes like this in the early 2000s were Gaaljecel and then they were forced into Pakistani and Iranian clothes by Al kebab.
So saaad

As far as I know people who dressed like that lived in rural places. Also Hirsi is a normal name not a "last" name. There is no such thing as a surname in Somalia by the way, only the names of your father.

I know but when’s the last time you met a boy called hirsi? The name is dying that’s why I said You will only see that name as a last name

Very stylish. Do Somali men have traditional clothing like this? Excuse my ignorance plz.
of course not. Somali men have invented nothing ever.:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: they consider a white one piece of cloth around their body that looks like a coffin, their historical attire.

The Somali language is something like 30% Arabic (vocabulary). It's so bad that I even understand what Arabs are talking about sometimes without ever having learned Arabic.
ever since i watched that rendille video and found in cushtic language, the word for God is guule/guuloow, i been using it.

I have done my part resurrecting dead cushitic words, yall do the same.:samwelcome:

Trending