Genetics: How indigenous are Haratin to North Africa?

it wont happen, the countries have france on their side and

Archaic Homo sapien, and id be willing to bet its closer to some given eurasian group then to any living sub saharan. Convergent evolution is a thing, phenotype is not always everything

Nah, their Euro ones are reconstructed like this
1599143837869.png

The other one ancestor came from East Africa and the North/West Africans maybe be descended from him.

Phenotype similarities are meaningless I can find you moroccans who look straight uzbek it doesn't mean they are related to uzbek people.

What about these papuans ?

View attachment 139865

Do you know that these people are closer genetically to south-east asians like filipinos or indonesians than to any SSA group ?

There is no hamitic theory here we're talking about scientific facts we don't care about political correctness.
Pheno is not meaningless, it is what the autosomal dna is about, these guys look alike because they have Neanderthals dna and it is reflected in their pheno.

Pheno is not meaningless, it is what the autosomal dna is about, these guys look alike because they have Neanderthals dna and it is reflected in their pheno.

wtf are you talking about ? genotype doesn't equal phenotype and as nomadite said you should also take into account convergent evolution.

Historically haratins descend from west african slaves who were imported between the VIIIth century and the XIXth century through the trans-saharan slave trade. They are not indigenous to north africa nor were their ancestors berbers.

wtf are you talking about ? genotype doesn't equal phenotype and as nomadite said you should also take into account convergent evolution.

Historically haratins descend from west african slaves who were imported between the VIIIth century and the XIXth century through the trans-saharan slave trade. They are not indigenous to north africa nor were their ancestors berbers.
Dude that convergent thing is for different species, Jebel Irhoud is H.sapiens even if it is archaic.
I am not arguing the Haratin migration but what I am saying is that you guys are easy to dismiss other people history based on bs called SSA or Berber. We are included in the SSA region and we were the original Berbers not all North Africans are berbers, these guys hated to be called Berbers in the past because it was not their heritage, but now they are all claiming and erasing the Tuareg and other real Berbers history in favor of some Euro descendants, the Europeans specially the Nordic ones are rewriting other's history in favor of their own Nordic race.

no, the phenotype isnt always meaningful to the autosomal DNA is what i meant, else the Ainu wouldn't look west Eurasian nor would Puapauns look pseudo sub Saharan, it is nothing more then convergent evolution

Dude that convergent thing is for different species, Jebel Irhoud is H.sapiens even if it is archaic.
I am not arguing the Haratin migration but what I am saying is that you guys are easy to dismiss other people history based on bs called SSA or Berber. We are included in the SSA region and we were the original Berbers not all North Africans are berbers, these guys hated to be called Berbers in the past because it was not their heritage, but now they are all claiming and erasing the Tuareg and other real Berbers history in favor of some Euro descendants, the Europeans specially the Nordic ones are rewriting other's history in favor of their own Nordic race.
You're very fickle minded. The only reason why North Africans dislike the "Berber" label is due it originating from the Greek word: βάρβαρος (barbaros pl. βάρβαροι barbaroi) meaning Barbarian. & prefer to be called by their native name which is "Amazigh". In addition, Tuaregs & other Saharan Berbers descend from Coastal Berbers/Atlas Berbers; and many of them still look North African.

Dude stop spamming this section with your lies. You're clearly not in touch with reality.

Who are you to say "we" ? What's your ethnicity ? With your logic every black individual today is indigenous to europe and Asia because the first homo sapiens who settled there probably looked like modern day sub-saharans. Also why do you talk about dismissing history while you have no knowledge when it comes to north africa's history and ethnogenesis ?

You probably have some kind of inferiority complex that's why you keep bringing up europeans and their old eurocentrists theories lol We're talking based on archeological documents and peer-reviewed papers I don't care about your opinions.

You're very fickle minded. The only reason why North Africans dislike the "Berber" label is due it originating from the Greek word: βάρβαρος (barbaros pl. βάρβαροι barbaroi) meaning Barbarian. & prefer to be called by their native name which is "Amazigh". In addition, Tuaregs & other Saharan Berbers descend from Coastal Berbers/Atlas Berbers; and many of them still look North African.

Dude stop spamming this section with your lies. You're clearly not in touch with reality.
Are you from North Africa?

Who are you to say "we" ? What's your ethnicity ? With your logic every black individual today is indigenous to europe and Asia because the first homo sapiens who settled there probably looked like modern day sub-saharans. Also why do you talk about dismissing history while you have no knowledge when it comes to north africa's history and ethnogenesis ?

You probably have some kind of inferiority complex that's why you keep bringing up europeans and their old eurocentrists theories lol We're talking based on archeological documents and peer-reviewed papers I don't care about your opinions.
A lot of people here are rewriting other clans history by using the Somali name and claiming we are related to North Africans and hate the other Horner ethnic groups because of politics. I don't know if you guys are Somalis or MENA people but if you want to say you are related to MENA, specify your clan relatedness and don't include other clans.

Last edited:

Trending