General anthropology questions

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
I’m making this thread so I and anybody else can ask general genetic questions regarding non somali populations since I wanna avoid making multiple threads on non somali groups

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
@Apollo @EDsomali what do you guys know in regards to the autosomal composition of hadza’s? I compared their distance to somalis using G25 scaled coordinates and they seem to have almost the exact distance to us as ethiopian mursi’s, the hadza distance was 25% while the mursi distance was 24%

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo @EDsomali what do you guys know in regards to the autosomal composition of hadza’s? I compared their distance to somalis using G25 scaled coordinates and they seem to have almost the exact distance to us as ethiopian mursi’s, the hadza distance was 25% while the mursi distance was 24%

Not sure if they removed the outlier Hadzas in G25 or not, a few of them have low amounts of Datoga/Iraqw-like ancestry and there are also heavily Niger-Congo Hadzas as well. But if it was just the ''pure'' (only SEA HG) ones then I don't really know, could be just random.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Not sure if they removed the outlier Hadzas in G25 or not, a few of them have low amounts of Datoga/Iraqw-like ancestry and there are also heavily Niger-Congo Hadzas as well. But if it was just the ''pure'' (only SEA HG) ones then I don't really know, could be just random.
Yea could be due to recent admixture, and do you know where I could find some modern Latin American (mestizo) gedmatch coordinates?

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Why are results so different when using scaled and unscaled coordinates?
Scaled
17189106-7E85-4570-A220-DD8670BFB2EF.jpeg

Unscaled
0BBA1BF3-0C00-4C61-8B44-97CCF8BF08D4.jpeg

How in the world did the scaled distance to dinka go from 30% all the way down to 5% when I unscaled it? @Apollo @EDsomali I’ve been told that using unscaled coordinates would give me a better result but it’s made very distant groups seem less distant

Apollo

VIP
The papuan distance went from 86% all the way down to

yea scaled distance seems more accurate, no way our distance to papuan is 24% instead of 85% :pachah1:

This is not actual genuine full genetic distance. Just the distance based on the ~50K SNPs or so G25 uses and G25 does some statistical suugo science I am not aware of. It's not the same as whole genome genetic distance or Fst (fixation index you see in other studies). But the overall pattern will probably hold.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
This is not actual genuine full genetic distance. Just the distance based on the ~50K SNPs or so G25 uses and G25 does some statistical suugo science I am not aware of. It's not the same as whole genome genetic distance or Fst. But the overall pattern will probably hold.
What can we use to find whole genome genetic distance?

Apollo

VIP
What can we use to find whole genome genetic distance?

Some studies do that, but because of the size of whole genomes they are still not that common. I once came across a whole genome study that showed that the Yoruba are closer to Europeans than to the Juǀʼhoan San, :lol:.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Some studies do that, but because of the size of whole genomes they are still not that common. I once came across a whole genome study that showed that the Yoruba are closer to Europeans than to the Juǀʼhoan San, :lol:.
Could it be due to the minor iberomaurusian in Yoruba? lol

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Probably mostly the proto-OOA vs Khoi split. That one is the biggest on the planet. The most distant two groups are probably Amazon Amerindians or Australoids vs Juǀʼhoan Khoisans.
So would that make somalis closer to amazon Amerindian and melanesians than to the Khoi due to our OOA ancestry?

Trending