Genel Energy signs deal with OPIC Somaliland Corporation (OSC) involving Taiwanese investment to drill oil well by 2023

ZodiaK

VIP
1661240445259.png

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Lol Kurdistan gets a cut of the oil from Bagdad. Even you beloved example needed the approval of the central government of Iraq, regardless of how weak, corrupt and unpopular it is.

Oil production is capital intense project. It needs hundred of millions if not billions to drill, install, platforms, equipment, rigs، pipelines.

No company will risk it without approval of SFG.
what if they already got an approval? Since 2012 Somali-somaliland talks, things seemed ok between the 2, I and many up in the north suspect that SL and SOM do agreement and understadnign in secret.

what if they already got an approval? Since 2012 Somali-somaliland talks, things seemed ok between the 2, I and many up in the north suspect that SL and SOM do agreement and understadnign in secret.
This is 100% not the case. Every single agreement Somaliland has made with Somalia, Somalia eventually reneged and went back on, going back to 2012. None of these agreements are valid anymore.

In terms of the oil deals, or any deal for that matter, this is no difference than the Berbera Port situation, Somaliland will make its deals and get on with business. Just as with Berbera, Somalia's government will have no say.

People need to understand that there already in talks with the Somali government they wouldn't risk a lawsuit like that they know better it a private company use your heads guys there nothing to be worried

People need to understand that there already in talks with the Somali government they wouldn't risk a lawsuit like that they know better it a private company use your heads guys there nothing to be worried
That would make no sense. If they are in talks with Somalia's government against SL's wishes, Genel would have to pay whatever they agreed with Somalia out of their own pockets/out of their share. SL would never allow a single dollar taken out of its ground to be sent to Somalia.

Also, DP World is a private company that did exactly tell Somalia to go f**k itself if it didn't like the agreement that SL & DP World have. Other than b*tching about it on the international stage what did the Somalia government do about that? Genel and other private companies saw that and will have taken note.

That would make no sense. If they are in talks with Somalia's government against SL's wishes, Genel would have to pay whatever they agreed with Somalia out of their own pockets/out of their share. SL would never allow a single dollar taken out of its ground to be sent to Somalia.

Also, DP World is a private company that did exactly tell Somalia to go f**k itself if it didn't like the agreement that SL & DP World have. Other than b*tching about it on the international stage what did the Somalia government do about that? Genel and other private companies saw that and will have taken note.

Hey, I remember Farmajoo trying to block DWP from Somaliland whilst simultaneously authorizing in Puntland. DWP told him to Fk off and went on to develop Somaliland port.

Hey, I remember Farmajoo trying to block DWP from Somaliland whilst simultaneously authorizing in Puntland. DWP told him to Fk off and went on to develop Somaliland port.
Yes. That deal was huge for Somaliland primarily for Financial and development reasons, but it had the added bonus of confirming SL's stance on so many things, most important of which was signaling that Somalia had no real say over SL affairs.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
EF30514C-2B6D-4BDD-A6CC-AA908D75D33C.jpeg

looks like Tosaan field they are inspecting holds around 200 million barrels of oil :wow:

The other tosaan field that’s right beside it holds even more with 400 million barrels of oil.

5 billion for one block is insane it would put us in 23rd of this list tied with Sudan :damn:
DF564137-C676-4C25-A35A-16E2124317D3.png

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala

Somaliland needs to not let a single dime be sent to Xamar. The mayor of Mogadishu needs to know we’re his boy scout troops lie, and that’s in Benaadir not in SL. Wlhi I honestly like SL work mindset and that is making yourself the priority. Really shows how sophisticated landers are, just continue that bro

Somaliland needs to not let a single dime be sent to Xamar. The mayor of Mogadishu needs to know we’re his boy scout troops lie, and that’s in Benaadir not in SL. Wlhi I honestly like SL work mindset and that is making yourself the priority. Really shows how sophisticated landers are, just continue that bro

It's funny how the biggest opponents of SL independence here are.......Kablalax confederalists lol. The absolute irony given you Copylanders are against FGS ruling your lands

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
It's funny how the biggest opponents of SL independence here are.......Kablalax confederalists lol. The absolute irony given you Copylanders are against FGS ruling your lands
Kulaha the biggest opponents of SL independence kkkkk

I was never against sxb and I’m not a confederate. How is it ironic?

Kulaha the biggest opponents of SL independence kkkkk

I was never against sxb and I’m not a confederate. How is it ironic?

Your only saying that now because you see Somaliland is going to be super rich. I hope Somaliland never give you a penny.

Trending