Geeljire Grammy Award drama! son of nominated artist claps back

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a small azz world. Remember these youtubers?
So this guys dad is one of the members of iftinband, whose songs are included in the lost geeljire tapes nominated for a grammy. He says his dad did NOT give the 2 ajnabi guys permission to include the songs in the album after they contacted him & asked him.

Well, the 2 ajnabi guys left a comment under the video explaining that they got the permission of the minister of education of geeljireland at that time (70's-80's) who somehow had authority over this, for permission to include the songs in the album. This man got compensation & he was supposed to give some of the cash to the other members. Clearly he has not.:farmajoyaab:

I can't say the geeljire greed for lacag is surprising. Seen far too many adults take a run with money they're supposed to share or be in charge of. SMH! :gucciwhat::farmajoyaab:

@laila @Hades @Steamdevolopment @GlitzyCue_ @Xooshdheere @XoosBoos @waraabe @Gucci mane @embarassing @Luna @jugjugwacwac

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
So this guys dad is one of the members of iftinband, whose songs are included in the lost geeljire tapes nominated for a grammy. He says his dad did NOT give the 2 ajnabi guys permission to include the songs in the album after they contacted him & asked him.

Well, the 2 ajnabi guys left a comment under the video explaining that they got the permission of the minister of education of geeljireland at that time (70's-80's) who somehow had authority over this, for permission to include the songs in the album. This man got compensation & he was supposed to give some of the cash to the other members. Clearly he has not.:farmajoyaab:

I can't say the geeljire greed for lacag is surprising. Seen far too many adults take a run with money they're supposed to share or be in charge of. SMH! :gucciwhat::farmajoyaab:

@laila @Hades @Steamdevolopment @GlitzyCue_ @Xooshdheere @XoosBoos @waraabe @Gucci mane @embarassing @Luna @jugjugwacwac
Interesting, do you know where those two ajnabis are from and what music producter they work with?

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
Their company is called Ostinato Records. I believe one is hindu & the other iranian.
Thanks, will look into this closer. Credits to Hargeisa for burying thousands of valuable music albums which are part of our culture. In the Civil war we lost huge part of our culture. Sad wallahi.

Jeesto

VIP
What did Radio Hargeisa get? If it weren't for them, we would've never seen or heard of these tapes again. If this album wins the grammy, it should be given to them. They deserve it:hillarybiz::salute::salute:

What did Radio Hargeisa get? If it weren't for them, we would've never seen or heard of these tapes again. If this album wins the grammy, it should be given to them. They deserve it:hillarybiz::salute::salute:
Agree! But the artists included.

I'm not sure they paid radio hargeysa. but they better have since they own the tapes they used.

It’s absolutely bullshit. How can a former minister transfer Somalia’ Intellectual property. It was nationalized back in the 70s.
"The Iftiin Band songs on our compilation were licensed from Mr. Said Salah, who oversaw Iftiin for the Ministry of Education during this era. He contractually authorized the use of the two Iftiin songs. All the licensing information is in the last page of the liner notes of the album, which explains who received financial compensation. We agreed to pay Mr. Salah who would then extend the compensation to the songwriter/poet of the song that are still around."

He's not the minister. My bad. He oversaw them for the ministry of Education.

What i find interesting is that these guys approached the member, asked him, he said no, but they went ahead because this guy said yes? they clearly don't care really. Another member did give them his permission, the main singer. But who is in charge is the real question?

"The Iftiin Band songs on our compilation were licensed from Mr. Said Salah, who oversaw Iftiin for the Ministry of Education during this era. He contractually authorized the use of the two Iftiin songs. All the licensing information is in the last page of the liner notes of the album, which explains who received financial compensation. We agreed to pay Mr. Salah who would then extend the compensation to the songwriter/poet of the song that are still around."

He's not the minister. My bad. He oversaw them for the ministry of Education.

What i find interesting is that these guys approached the member, asked him, he said no, but they went ahead because this guy said yes? they clearly don't care really. Another member did give them his permission, the main singer. But who is in charge is the real question?
The guy whose permission they got was the one singing lead on the songs they used. The one who declined apparently didn't want the songs he was singing *lead* on added to the album. They made a thread on twitter trying to clear it up and they provided documents with signatures from the artists or relatives giving them permission.
:manny:

Last edited:
The guy whose permission they got was the one singing lead on the songs they used. The one who declined apparently didn't want the songs he was singing *lead* on added to the album. They made a thread on twitter trying to clear it up and they provided documents with signatures from the artists or relatives giving them permission.
:manny:
but does it only take 1 member to give an ok? and they did ask a non member to sign. the guy who was some kind of overseer.

it is funny though that his kid wants to go to the grammys, but his dad didn't want any involvement in the project :cosbyhmm:
& he even calls the other members his uncles but doesn't know they gave an ok :deadosama:

but does it only take 1 member to give an ok? and they did ask a non member to sign. the guy who was some kind of overseer.

it is funny though that his kid wants to go to the grammys, but his dad didn't want any involvement in the project :cosbyhmm:
& he even calls the other members his uncles but doesn't know they gave an ok :deadosama:
Yeah but the nonmember had some kind of authority over it, doubt anyone would care for his okay otherwise. I'm not sure about whether they asked all the members, only the info they've shared.

It sucks they're getting the short end of the stick and it's some ajnabis that will be profiting off of this but what can you do.

Caadans are smart. They won't "steal" your intellectual property (music etc) without making a geeljire sign some paperwork. They probably made this cad cad dude's abo sign a contract which included publishing, royalties, and ownership of masters. I agree with you WaxWalaan, geeljires get greedy sometimes so maybe his abo didn't split the lacaag.

Caadans are smart. They won't "steal" your intellectual property (music etc) without making a geeljire sign some paperwork. They probably made this cad cad dude's abo sign a contract which included publishing, royalties, and ownership of masters. I agree with you WaxWalaan, geeljires get greedy sometimes so maybe his abo didn't split the lacaag.
Lol he's not cadaan

Status
Not open for further replies.