Geeljire Grammy Award drama! son of nominated artist claps back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caadans are smart. They won't "steal" your intellectual property (music etc) without making a geeljire sign some paperwork. They probably made this cad cad dude's abo sign a contract which included publishing, royalties, and ownership of masters. I agree with you WaxWalaan, geeljires get greedy sometimes so maybe his abo didn't split the lacaag.
seems like his aabe is regretting not joining tbh

Gambar

VIP
What did Radio Hargeisa get? If it weren't for them, we would've never seen or heard of these tapes again. If this album wins the grammy, it should be given to them. They deserve it:hillarybiz::salute::salute:
They should get an official acknowledgement and some compensation. But since Radio Hargeisa is in a country that considers itself separate from Somalia I’m not sure if they will. They’re in enough mess with claiming to have gotten permission and compensated the artists. It’s a shame that ajanib had to do this. I wish for a resurgence of pre civil war culture.

Jeesto

VIP
They should get an official acknowledgement and some compensation. But since Radio Hargeisa is in a country that considers itself separate from Somalia I’m not sure if they will. They’re in enough mess with claiming to have gotten permission and compensated the artists. It’s a shame that ajanib had to do this. I wish for a resurgence of pre civil war culture.
You're right:nvjpqts:
I wish for a resurgence of pre civil war culture
Me too inaabti. Imagine where we could've been if the civil war never happened???:wow:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I agree, I can think of so many songs from the 70s and 80s that have much better lyrics and music.
it's the herd mentality. lol
not to be disrespectful but those songs are trash, in my opinion.
like u said, so many songs from that era are better.

Gambar

VIP
You're right:nvjpqts:

Me too inaabti. Imagine where we could've been if the civil war never happened???:wow:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I always think about how growing up in Somalia would have been too. It’s like we are the stolen generation.

My mum and eedo (nanny) used to put on frankincense and play Somali music and drums when I was a little kid. The music back then was so authentic as well. Unfortunately the govt and people think it’s xaraam.

it's the herd mentality. lol
not to be disrespectful but those songs are trash, in my opinion.
like u said, so many songs from that era are better.

True, these songs became popular because they were discovered by ajnabis and nominated for a Grammy. If only they had listened to the quality music from that era.

i heard the songs, they aren't that good. what's the fuss about?
come again?
tumblr_mbd2w6M9BF1qe3aixo1_500.gif

I always think about how growing up in Somalia would have been too. It’s like we are the stolen generation.

My mum and eedo (nanny) used to put on frankincense and play Somali music and drums when I was a little kid. The music back then was so authentic as well. Unfortunately the govt and people think it’s xaraam.
Yea i think of us as the lost generation.

What would it be like to go to a somali school & hang in a somali city with your friends.

There's nothing like growing up amongst your own people i think :francis:
thats atleast something our parents can hold on to.

Of course. Many of the artists in the album are not even the most famous somali singers from that era, except Fadumo Qaasim and a couple others.
i think they chose these cus they're less somali. they wouldn't choose stuff like beledweyn or iga maqan lmao,

The Ciyaal Kacaan are the worst protectors of anything in or out of Somalia.

Somali mismanagement at its finest.

These songs can be classified under the unesco hertigate. I remember seeing a documentary that showed Radio Mogadishu had 50 year old tapes and vynals in their roof top and nobody had digitized them.

There were hundreds of tapes in this room collecting dust. The moment someone tries to save something in Somalia people come out to destroy what little there is left of it.

The Ciyaal Kacaan are the worst protectors of anything in or out of Somalia.

Somali mismanagement at its finest.

These songs can be classified under the unesco hertigate. I remember seeing a documentary that showed Radio Mogadishu had 50 year old tapes and vynals in their roof top and nobody had digitized them.

There were hundreds of tapes in this room collecting dust. The moment someone tries to save something in Somalia people come out to destroy what little there is left of it.
think i saw that. they were under constant threat by alkeebab aswell...even attacked.

think i saw that. they were under constant threat by alkeebab aswell...even attacked.

There is no somali arts committee.

Th next generation will thank those who protect our heritage buildings, music and antiques found in Somalia. When a society develops the arts is the content that shapes your society.

The Ciyaal Kacaan will be blamed for destroying and abandoning all our history and destroying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts