Gedo picture thread

Doolow looks great.

D-ssB0BXUAc4OBu.jpg

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Why fight over Kismayo when you have Gedo?

However some of those pics aren't from Gedo though.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
@RasCanjero Sxb their both our native lands/regions you can't separate them :lawd:

Why not fully develop Gedo now? No one can stop you from building out huge commercial farms and other businesses.

All I'm seeing so far are small subsistence farms.

I've never been there but I know that it's in one of the most populated region of Somalia.

Most are nomads that live across the border but Gedo could easily attract them over and compete with Xamar on population size. 2 million plus live within 100 km radius.

Kismayo has a cute port but it has shit soil for agriculture and it's always fought over. If it isn't OG it's MX or harti.

Gedo is rich in farmland, somewhat peaceful and a perfect logistic node between the southern Galbeed and Kenya.

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
Why not fully develop Gedo now? No one can stop you from building out huge commercial farms and other businesses.

All I'm seeing so far are small subsistence farms.

I've never been there but I know that it's in one of the most populated region of Somalia.

Most are nomads that live across the border but Gedo could easily attract them over and compete with Xamar on population size. 2 million plus live within 100 km radius.

Kismayo has a cute port but it has shit soil for agriculture and it's always fought over. If it isn't OG it's MX or harti.

Gedo is rich in farmland, somewhat peaceful and a perfect logistic node between the southern Galbeed and Kenya.

You got a good point sxb. Development in Gedo is muqadas. The potential is there to turn into trading hub cities, etc. Yeah Gedo is the largest region in Somalia. Yeah population wise Gedo would overtake Benadir especially when it becomes much developed. Gedo can feed all the whole South and the country with it's richness in almost everything lol

A few minutes on Google earth confirms the idea that Somalia was way more lush and green especially up north.

I want Somalia to be a farming machine like the Netherlands with a river system like the Mississippi.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
A few minutes on Google earth confirms the idea that Somalia was way more lush and green especially up north.

I want Somalia to be a farming machine like the Netherlands with a river system like the Mississippi.

Were surrounded by mountains on all sides and a moisture draining weather system (monsoon) to our east that are the reason behind our low precipitation rates.

The Somali plate we're under is less than 20 millions years old so we're missing a lot of crucial industrial resources like iron and copper.

Only thing we have is uranium and a small river in he south that could barely irrigate 200k hectares of land.

Let's be honest to ourselves on what resources we have available to us or we'll never be able to come up with realistic solutions.

You got a good point sxb. Development in Gedo is muqadas. The potential is there to turn into trading hub cities, etc. Yeah Gedo is the largest region in Somalia. Yeah population wise Gedo would overtake Benadir especially when it becomes much developed. Gedo can feed all the whole South and the country with it's richness in almost everything lol

The problem is where are you going to export your goods ? and its not a tribal thing more of a regional thing. So Reer Gedo can be any tribe but if OG's are controlling the Kismayo port through pure Qabliyad (and treating Kismayo like its isreal and importanting thousands of OG's only) it makes it difficult to deal with them. No matter what tribe you are.

A honest man in charge of Kismayo (most MX/People dont care what tribe he is ) that can go out and secure whole of middle Jubba, Stop charcoal export and stops working with the KDF is all most Jubba people want.

The problem is where are you going to export your goods ? and its not a tribal thing more of a regional thing. So Reer Gedo can be any tribe but if OG's are controlling the Kismayo port through pure Qabliyad (and treating Kismayo like its isreal and importanting thousands of OG's only) it makes it difficult to deal with them. No matter what tribe you are.

A honest man in charge of Kismayo (most MX/People dont care what tribe he is ) that can go out and secure whole of middle Jubba, Stop charcoal export and stops working with the KDF is all most Jubba people want.
Its closer to Mogadishu port than Kismayo port from Gedo so the issue is not really about ports and Gedo could mainly export to neighbouring countries and beyond. This is how Beledhawo have developed in recent years.

Last edited:

Trending