Garacad receives its first ship

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dr Osman is extremely happy to welcome Puntland's Second Port. Garacad. Bosaso will now have friendly competition. I guess now things will be cheaper to dock down from Garacad, becuz Bosaso port needed to stop at Salalah Oman to switch to medium size Vessels.

Garacad can bring our trade items directly from India-China-UAE using container sized ships. No re-routing needed, this alone will make garacad cheaper then Bosaso port. Not to mention it's central location for ethiopia and south somalia, it will drive down transport cost. That's only if they successfully connect garacad to the federal high-way and into Galdogob.

Last edited:
1638078986619.png

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
When will they pave the berthing station and road to the port. It's still 'gravel' based. The docking area needs strong 'concrete' and the road can be asphalt but preferrably concrete as it will carry heavy goods.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
There are no container cranes or storage areas or warehouses to make this place as competitive as Djibouti, Kenya and Berbera.

This port will barely be able to hold fifty twenty foot containers when Mombassa, Berbera and Djibouti can hold thousands at a time.

The highway from Galdogob to Garacad isn’t even dual-carriageway, which is required for trucks. By making it single lane, we may genuinely end up killing people.

Good development but it’s a disappointment in my books.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Mashallah. This is a huge deal for Puntland and for Somalis in the horn. The prices of everything from food, fuel, construction materials and consumer goods will be brought down as a result of Garacad port.

This is a momentous day for Puntland, Garacad is bound to become a major town over the next decade as the highway linking it to the Ethiopian border is built.

𐒈𐒈𐒆𐒍

𐒑𐒘𐒌𐒚𐒘𐒇𐒂𐒇𐒒𐒇𐒀
Mashallah guul iyo gobonimo👍🏾
FB_IMG_1638085277513.jpg

Kastamkii ganacsi xoog leh iyo horumar baa kaa socda Alxamdulilah🙏🏽

Last edited:
There are no container cranes or storage areas or warehouses to make this place as competitive as Djibouti, Kenya and Berbera.

This port will barely be able to hold fifty twenty foot containers when Mombassa, Berbera and Djibouti can hold thousands at a time.

The highway from Galdogob to Garacad isn’t even dual-carriageway, which is required for trucks. By making it single lane, we may genuinely end up killing people.

There are plans to expand the port in various phases with warehouses and roads, we just completed phase 1. Somaliland and Djibouti serve Ethiopia with a population in the tens of millions, garacad will mainly serve Somalis in central Somalia/DDSI, hardly a comparison.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
There are plans to expand the port in various phases with warehouses and roads, we just completed phase 1. Somaliland and Djibouti serve Ethiopia with a population in the tens of millions, garacad will mainly serve Somalis in central Somalia/DDSI, hardly a comparison.

I just hope we get a port similar to other areas.

Ports are measured by their capacity to hold twenty foot containers, not its depth.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

Those ports had external funds not like garcaad.

Trending