Garacad receives its first ship

Using the example of Australia, was not to say that we should have ports like Australia.

My point was that even one of the worlds largest economies doesn’t self-fund a port project.

Garacad should compete with Berbera, Mombassa and Djibouti.

All these have foreign backers.

If we cannot get a competitive port in Garacad that is self-funded then we should turn to foreign backers.

while it's understood what you're getting at you've got to understand Garacad was getting absolutely no foreign backing in the first place, no investments nothing.
It was attempted multiple times before reer Mudug decided to go at it themselves
Last attempt I believe was with the Saudis in 2012

what you see today in Garacad is significant because of that and it always has room to grow

Using the example of Australia, was not to say that we should have ports like Australia.

My point was that even one of the worlds largest economies doesn’t self-fund a port project.

If we cannot get a competitive port in Garacad that is self-funded then we should turn to foreign backers.
Even those ports were already established, can you tell me a foreign entity that will invest in a new port in the middle of Somalia. I don't think you'll find any. even Gaas government at first tried that and nothing happened.

Hmm I swear the Marehan last year were gloating when the FGS did a igu sawir at Hobyo port and laughed at the initial development phase of garacad, what changed?

I agree with warside. I don’t think every port has to compete with the biggest port in the region or else it’s a bust. As he said having a huge150-500mn+ Port is not economically viable for the region. That money would be much better spent on roads and renewable energy projects. This small port can run at high efficiency and is not bottlenecked due to lack of capacity. Why spend hundreds of millions on a port that will run at low capacity? Plus local region can get all the revenue from this port.

foreign companies can build up Bosaso as its closer to way bigger markets.

Trending