Garacad Port & Town Construction Project

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Masha'Allah this is great. This shows, the blood and sweat, Puntlanders have gone through, to make PL, what it is today. The work ethic that PROPER Puntlanders (MJ, Leelkase, and Carab Salah) have plays a key role in the prosperity and growth Puntland. You see, while others boast about how 'barwaqo' their gobols are, and how tall the grass grows (What are they gonna do? Eat the grass like cattle), Puntite children will receive the best education in the country, our economy will continue to rise, our own soldiers and maritimeforce will continue to protect our lands andseas, from all types of threats. Life is great.

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic
Mashallah, so quick :ehh: Inshallah it all works out. Good to see Somalis serious about developing their gobols.

Farm

VIP
Construction began back in August I believe and it’s being done by a Turkish construction company. The project is estimated to take about 2 years.

Farm

VIP
When this port is finished inshallah, do you think garacad could become the economic hub of Puntland after Bosaso in the future?
Yes, Garacad is planned to be vital to PL. With Somali Galbeed it could overtake Bosaso who knows, but I do believe it’ll become the de facto capital of Mudug surpassing Gaalkacyo.

Farm

VIP
Hobyo isn’t relevant, the area is near al Shabab controlled territory and they reportedly recently stopped the road construction and Hobyo isn’t a natural port physically (there was an interesting paper on this). Garacad has no competition and will take PL to the next level.

Hobyo isn’t relevant, the area is near al Shabab controlled territory and they reportedly recently stopped the road construction and Hobyo isn’t a natural port physically (there was an interesting paper on this). Garacad has no competition and will take PL to the next level.
Then shouldn’t we invest in the development and infrastructure of garacad right now because from I know garacad right now is a very small

Farm

VIP
Then shouldn’t we invest in the development and infrastructure of garacad right now because from I know garacad right now is a very small

It is small, but lots of people are going to be investing soon/are. It’ll go from village status to city like Garowe very quickly, I think as we get closer to launch of the port we will see big differences.

Link to paper?

Trending

Latest posts