Gangistarnimo is not our culture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumMo

very lowkey
I have yet to come across a video of young somalis preforming cultural dances, without playing gangistar music at one point. It’s almost impossible!

Like I get it, most young somalis love gangistar and madow music. But seriously, if you claim to be doing somali cultural dance, maxaa gangisar music kuu keenay?

The worst part is the crowd (who mainly consist of younger somalis). They get sooo hyped when the people of Usain Boilt’s music starts to play. Why don’t your own traditional music get you this hyped?

They always have to ruin our culture by mixing it with the gangistars. May Allah(swt) save somalis in the West, we all doomed..
:noneck:

This video right here is by far the worst I’ve seen! 99% of the music and dancing, was gangitar inspired. «Somali night» kulaha, habaar haa kugu dhacdo! Please reer Canada, collect your endless supplies of L’s:
(cultural gangistar night starts at 05:45)

SumMo

very lowkey
they're teenagers what do u expect
You still have akhli even as a teenager. Wtf kinda response is that?
:mindblown:

I remember being 16-17 and cringing at these types of videos. Your age is no excuse. If you can’t appreciate our dhaqan, don’t try to host a cultural night/event. Simple as that. Stay at home!

This is just embarrassing. Makes us all look like a bunch of self-hating Faraxs and Xalimos..

Jeesto

VIP
I have yet to come across a video of young somalis preforming cultural dances, without playing gangistar music at one point. It’s almost impossible!

Like I get it, most young somalis love gangistar and madow music. But seriously, if you claim to be doing somali cultural dance, maxaa gangisar music kuu keenay?

The worst part is the crowd (who mainly consist of younger somalis). They get sooo hyped when the people of Usain Boilt’s music starts to play. Why don’t your own traditional music get you this hyped?

They always have to ruin our culture by mixing it with the gangistars. May Allah(swt) save somalis in the West, we all doomed..
:noneck:

This video right here is by far the worst I’ve seen! 99% of the music and dancing, was gangitar inspired. «Somali night» kulaha, habaar haa kugu dhacdo! Please reer Canada, collect your endless supplies of L’s:
(cultural gangistar night starts at 05:45)
I haven’t watched the video yet but let me guess, they’re doing Dhaanto
:tacky::bell::gucciwhat::tacky::wtfdis:

SumMo

very lowkey
Somali Bloods and crips
How can somalis be out here claiming «We are not like the madows! We have nothing to do with them. Do not associate us with them.. », yet they are devoting their lives trying to appropriate them..
:what1:

Wtf is the logic?

If you adapt to agangistar lifestyle, best believe you are just like them! I myself (and the world at that) see you no differently.. You just threw your entire somalinimo and sharaf out the window, so you can miss me with that ‘’I am cushitic’’ talk. Goodbye, adios, macsalamo, auf wiedersehen, as salam, hade bra!
:nahgirl:

Last edited:
How can somalis be out here claiming «We are not like the madows! We have nothing to do with them. Do not associate us with them.. », yet they are devoting their lives trying to appropriate them..
:what1:

Wtf is the logic?

If you adapt to agangistar lifestyle, best believe you are just like them! I (and the world at that) see you no differently.. You just threw your entire somalinimo and sharaf nimo out the window, so you can miss me with that ‘’I am cushitic’’ talk. Bye!
:nahgirl:

Broken homes.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Must they like music primarily from their culture? I disagree with that.
Understand that these young people will like music that relates to them or their current mind state.

SumMo

very lowkey
Understand that these young people will like music that relates to them or their current mind state.
Well then they shouldn’t host no somali cultural events! They are clearly incapable. They should stay at home enjoying their music.

We are talking about 2 hours out of your entire life? You can’t go without gangistar music for 2 hours? wtf. Istubid people.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Well then they shouldn’t host no somali cultural events! They are clearly incapable. They should stay at home enjoying their music.

We are talking about 2 hours out of your entire life? You can’t go without gangistar music for 2 hours? wtf. Istubid people.

I agree with that at least. If it's a Somali event then it must be within the culture.

I'm sorry but you're kind of ignorant if you think the Somali diaspora youth is going to uphold our culture. Do you honestly think the 4th, 5th, 6th generation Somalis in the west are going to be speaking fluent Somali and eat bariis everyday? No they won't. They'll eventually forget their origins and assimilate to create their own culture influenced by the people they're surrounded by. In this case, it seems like you've got a taste of the ones influenced by African American culture and their hip hop music.

No one said that. It’s like to going to a African-American jazz night then witnessing a band coming on playing death metal music. If you’re going to host a Somali cultural event, you might as well do it right.

SumMo

very lowkey
I'm sorry but you're kind of ignorant if you think the Somali diaspora youth is going to uphold our culture. Do you honestly think the 4th, 5th, 6th generation Somalis in the west are going to be speaking fluent Somali and eat bariis everyday? No they won't. They'll eventually forget their origins and assimilate to create their own culture influenced by the people they're surrounded by. In this case, it seems like you've got a taste of the ones influenced by African American culture and their hip hop music.
I an this generation, and yes I do think it should be possible to avoid gangistar musics during somali cultural events. wtf, why is that hard?
:browtf:

And I’m not expecting them to adher to our culture 100% in every aspets of their lives. All I’m asking is that when they claim to be hosting an event inspired by somali culture, that they keep it 100% somali with the dance and the music!

Why is this so hard to comprehend? Every other culture is capable of this!

World

VIP
Hip hop is the most common genre of music in America among all youths not just Somalis. So is it really surprising that Somali teenagers (who probably are not that into Somali culture to begin with) will prefer it?

I an this generation, and yes I do think it should be possible to avoid gangistar musics during somali cultural events. wtf, why is that hard?
:browtf:

And I’m not expecting them to adher to our culture 100% in every aspets of their lives. All I’m asking is that when they claim to be hosting an event inspired by somali culture, that they keep it 100% somali with the dance and the music!

Why is this so hard to comprehend? Every other culture is capable of this!

Is it a Somali culture event or it a Somali-diaspora culture event? I believe the diaspora has its own culture and can use any music it likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending