Galmudug discusses Hobyo port with Djibouti among other things

Meeting on knowledge and technical know-how transfer for Hobyo Port development. FGS also had a meeting with Djibouti as well.

Great job on QoorQoor meeting with IOG. Djibouti has seen the good and the bad (Dp world, China). A lot of knowledge to be gained from this.:salute:

Last edited:
President Abdi Kaariye is the greatest leader since Mohamed Farah Aidid. I really like the guy. He is a natural leader with vision and courage

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Hobyo will remain a pipe dream while Garacad continues to develop

Hobyo will remain a pipe dream while Garacad continues to develop

Somalia can handle a lot more ports than you think. No need to worry this ain't a zero sum game.

Port developments will make competing ports upgrade and serve different markets and develop further.

All the best to Garacad port development :nvjpqts: .. No need to xasad each other.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalia can handle a lot more ports than you think. No need to worry this ain't a zero sum game.

Port developments will make competing ports upgrade and serve different markets and develop further.

All the best to Garacad port development :nvjpqts: .. No need to xasad each other.

Bosaso is trying to secure the turkish market away from Dubai, our former port minister believes DP world tried to buy out our port so they can make us un-attractive to the Turks and Belt and Road initiative by China, they are trying to keep their clientele at Dubai and fear they may venture out to other ports who can do the job at half the cost.

I mean our port's minister said the turks lose $8 billion a year processing their goods at UAE. for a fraction of that cost a billion or two, it can all be done at bosaso port if they invest in the upgrade of the port. Plus it's on the mari-time silk-road(gulf of aden) towards Europe.

I also find the belt n road initiative very promising from China who is creating ports around asia-arabia, Bosaso port can tap into that and provide specialized services like refueling, repairs, and other logistical operations. In return Bosaso just needs either the Chinese or Turks to invest into the port infrastructure to handle the work.

Hobyo Port is a huge threat to PL in my opinion, they are trying to take the beletwayne-ddsi-galkacyo trade away from Puntland. Where-as Garacad isn't a threat, they said they will deal with container trade and not interfere in consumable trade that Bosaso specializes in.

Hobyo Port is a huge threat to PL in my opinion, they are trying to take the beletwayne-ddsi-galkacyo trade away from Puntland. Where-as Garacad isn't a threat, they said they will deal with container trade and not interfere
Put that energy into finding new ways for PL ports to stay competitive and increase revenue sources. You can't stop Hobyo port from happening so this is the only logical way forward.

beletwayne-ddsi-galkacyo is just a small fraction of regions that Mudug ports can serve.

Think bigger, attract investments, upgrade and develop further.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
Qatar never completed a project in our country but they have promised to build Hobyo, Cadale and Barawe.

oprah-gift.jpg

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
A good man learns from his own mistakes. A smart man learns from others mistakes. Hobyo Port is his defining challenge, esp as a Saleban. He has to get it right the first time - no leased contracts until we see the blueprint.

Trending

Latest posts