Future Somalia: Diaspora the ruling class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what little I know, a lot of the current disfunctional TFG government has strong diasporan ties. And seeing as near an entire generation of kids have missed out of education in Somalia, the trend of diaspora being the ruling class, or even influencing the country's direction disproportionately is here to stay. Is it right that anyone who fled the country have any say in how it is now run? Do we have a moral obligation to uplift our fellow somalis, or does that sound like some white saviour-esque bullshit?

The Somali diaspora have no right to influence anything. They just want to go to Somalia to show off their welfare monet. They're idiots just like the locals but at least the locals are exactly that, locals. Only they should have a say in any decisions made that will impact them.

But the locals should allow for 50 years of American rule so they can learn about peace, good governance and rebuilding the government and its institutions.

The Somali diaspora have no right to influence anything. They just want to go to Somalia to show off their welfare monet. They're idiots just like the locals but at least the locals are exactly that, locals. Only they should have a say in any decisions made that will impact them.

But the locals should allow for 50 years of American rule so they can learn about peace, good governance and rebuilding the government and its institutions.
I was right with you until the second paragraph, f*ck American rule and I hope you don't actually think that :browtf::fredo:

maestro

Cultural revolution
That could happen but Unless you fully reassimilate into Somali society you will be rejected, harshly sometimes. You shouldn't expect someone straight outta cedar to go back there and become anything more than a dhaqancelis if they aren't already cultured and know how things work.

You are right though. Diaspora have what an entire generation were denied and they could easily take over the country and become a ruling class. This could end up very badly if you decide to take everything from them and not give back.They could see you as more privileged and become jealous that you are doing better than them. It may lead to a fight we don't ever want to see. The 1% vs the 99% types

On the flip side you could just go there and build up a ruling class out of the people that never left. Instead of being a 1% - 99% make it so the percentage of well off people are higher. This is the best solution and everybody wins in the end and we won't have a shitty class based society

I was right with you until the second paragraph, f*ck American rule and I hope you don't actually think that :browtf::fredo:

Of course I do.

Do you want a peaceful, rich, prosperous and technologically advanced Somalia or do you want what there is today?

Only American rule can fix it. The Americans are very helpful and genuine people, even their Republicans. They will not hesitate to help us if we asked. Other Western countries won't be as helpful and they have a lot of attached strings

maestro

Cultural revolution
Of course I do.

Do you want a peaceful, rich, prosperous and technologically advanced Somalia or do you want what there is today?

Only American rule can fix it. The Americans are very helpful and genuine people, even their Republicans. They will not hesitate to help us if we asked. Other Western countries won't be as helpful and they have a lot of attached strings

I think you are mentally ill or something. Is advocating for colonialism your new angle? :draketf:

Of course I do.

Nah bro, I think you're trolling but we can do that ourselves. No white man is better than you or I, so how come we can't do it? I'll be traveling to Somalia on a fact finding mission this summer and you're formally invited you alt-right shithead

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with what AJ said. Locals should rule not some Tim Hortons politician. And you've got to be delusional if you do not think Somalia would be better off under American rule.

Apollo

VIP
There are some rich ass people in Somalia. The 1% of Somalia consists of many millionaires. They will rule over Somalia, not some diaspora wankers.

maestro

Cultural revolution
It can be a trusteeship under UN supervision. That's not colonialism

For every cent they put in they'll get a dollar back. These westerners should never be trusted with anything let alone an entire country.

and many have died trying to get independence. You should not direspect their memory by bringing such blasphemy up.

For every cent they put in they'll get a dollar back. These westerners should never be trusted with anything let alone an entire country.

and many have died trying to get independence. You should not direspect them atleast and bring such blasphemy up.

I'm against colonialism. What I suggested wouldn't be colonialism. It would be more of an advisory role.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster

I agree with what AJ said. Locals should rule not some Tim Hortons politician. And you've got to be delusional if you do not think Somalia would be better off under American rule.
You mean like Haiti? Look at how rich and prosperous they are. :drakewtf:

I agreed with everything except the last paragraph. Do you think that the US will serve the interest of the Somalis? :fredo:

Gambar

VIP
The diaspora needs to worry about being successful in the diaspora and leave the Somalis back home alone unless they plan on teaching them literacy and education. Somalis are struggling in the diaspora. Ayagaa ba hawl uu taala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts