Future of Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very inexpensive and quicker way of Farming anywhere in the world, u save alot of money by not buying those very expensive tractors and other farming equipments, use little bit of water, and don't have to use pesticides.

Last edited:

Ducaale

President 2k20
This is a very inexpensive and quicker way of Farming anywhere in the world, u save alot of money by not buying those very expensive tractors and other farming equipments, use little bit of water, and don't have to use pesticides.
You don't have to use this method of farming when there is very fertile soil in Somalia.

We import food and only use 1.6% of our fertile land.

That's incredible when you have 4million hectors and only use a fraction of it for producing crops.

:jcoleno:

We import food and only use 1.6% of our fertile land.

That's incredible when you have 4million hectors and only use a fraction of it for producing crops.

:jcoleno:
don't worry sheikh Larry, farming will be my lifetime career in balcad inshallah, I'll show these lazies how to get the job done.
You don't have to use this method of farming when there is very fertile soil in Somalia.
I agree, this method grows crops way faster and uses little water, the start up would be kind of hard and expensive in the beginning but in the long term it's cost effective than ur normal farming method.

Ducaale

President 2k20
don't worry sheikh Larry, farming will be my lifetime career in balcad inshallah, I'll show these lazies how to get the job done.

I agree, this method grows crops way faster and uses little water, the start up would be kind of hard and expensive in the beginning but in the long term it's cost effective than ur normal farming method.
idk bro I feel like this method is pretty cost intensive, compared to old school farming.

Plus most of our fertile land is being used by jareeer farmers for subsistence farming.

The most overlooked way is by investing in a small group of people who are stakeholders and raise money amongst each other. There's no loans or capital to fund large scale farmers in Somalia. I'm working on building a small team to start farming in Jubbaland.

You can't go it alone. Too much risk and the cost of making mistakes is too high with limited capital assets; like equipment and tools.

There's plently of underground water and sunlight.

It's just the instability and poor land management that makes more difficult then just planting seeds.

Just image you wake up one morning and there's 100 goats and camels ravaging your harvest.
:deadrose::deadmanny:

Ducaale

President 2k20
The most overlooked way is by investing in a small group of people who are stakeholders and raise money amongst each other. There's no loans or capital to fund large scale farmers in Somalia. I'm working on building a small team to start farming in Jubbaland.

You can't go it alone. Too much risk and the cost of making mistakes is too high with limited capital assets; like equipment and tools.
Seems like a viable plan, Somalis for some reason rather starve than farm, wallahi it's depressing seeing these nomads starving to death because there isn't enough water for their livestock

idk bro I feel like this method is pretty cost intensive, compared to old school farming.
It's produces crops about 1/3 quicker than ur regular old school farming, plus u don't have to worry about pesticides, this method is mostly for like growing cabbages and other leafy veggies, but of course old school farming is better for things like growing sorghum, corn, beans, bananas, melons, and other fruits

Ducaale

President 2k20
It's produces crops about 1/3 quicker than ur regular old school farming, plus u don't have to worry about pesticides, this method is mostly for like growing cabbages and other leafy veggies, but of course old school farming is better for things like growing sorghum, corn, beans, bananas, melons, and other fruits
Also its easier to maintain on a very large scale.

There's plently of underground water and sunlight.

It's just the instability and poor land management that makes more difficult then just planting seeds.

Just image you wake up one morning and there's 100 goats and camels ravaging your harvest.
:deadrose::deadmanny:
Those animals will be confiscated and the owners will be:gunsmiley::gunsmiley: if they try me:fittytousand: I ain't got time for that sxb there's lots of money that's going into farming and I'll be damed if these xoolos try to ruin it

Those animals will be confiscated and the owners will be:gunsmiley::gunsmiley: if they try me:fittytousand: I ain't got time for that sxb there's lots of money that's going into farming and I'll be damed if these xoolos try to ruin it

You have to build fences.

And Nomads get upset when they see a fence alone a path they used for several years.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Fought out today that my grandma got land out in Hiran state, i should check it out

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I remember reading about an architectural firm that was developing large scale hydroponic system of farming that also includes aquaculture. And just imagine it could be anchored to a body of water to free up land use. How long is Somalia's coastline again? :farmajoyaab: You would never have to worry about drought, famine, natural disaster and the spraying of industrial chemicals. :banderas:I'm a huge proponent of sustainable agriculture. Forget food aid/heavy reliance on food imports and dependence on NGOs. Imagine improving health outcomes of people. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts