Foreigner& Outsider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
Foreigner

unlike many we have had the fortune to grow up in our culture, at a time where our young minds were still developing.

Later growing up in the west, we had to juggle two cultures, three languages and a religion to match. while attending school and madrasa, and dont forget the house chores and the cooking.

"there are always two sides to every story story".

we have gained immensely from our stay, and for that we are forever grateful to God, the tax payers, the government and last but not least our dear parents.

while moving about in the west we have learned cultures, languages and habits both good and bad. we have also had opportunities like nowhere else in the world- free education, free health care, personal safety, job security and both religious and individual freedoms.

"color betrayal in free society".

sometimes we felt like we were serving two masters culturally speaking. in my teens the western culture stood dominant, through music, entertainment and sports, and to a lesser degree it still does, for the better, of course.

we made mistakes along the way and learned from them, in turn we gained wisdom, as students from the school of life.

as western as we are, there is a sad truth, we have come to accept through conditioning. we are foreigners and will remain as such, in the eyes of a tolerant society.

yet this same society has taught me this simple truth " i am not what happens to me i am what i choose to be"

Last edited:

Nomad2054

i will write the second segment titled the Outsider Tomorrow, where i take on the challenges back home, being a diaspora raised somali.

feel free to share if you have similar story.:mjpls:

Last edited:
IKEA is a cultural giant, when I hear Sweden, I get conniptions because I think of ikea and assembling their shit furniture. They should make Sigrid, Agnes and Maja dolls that come with the furniture and could assemble them quicker than me.

Nomad2054

IKEA is a cultural giant, when I hear Sweden, I get conniptions because I think of ikea and assembling their shit furniture. They should make Sigrid, Agnes and Maja dolls that come with the furniture and could assemble them quicker than me.

one moment you mistake me for a random Nomad who attacked you, and the next your coming at me with ikea jokes.

Ikea is Swedish and i am in Norway so there is that.:yacadiim:

btw i know the Nomad who attacked you, i will send him on you if you are not careful now.:pachah1:

Nomad Norway, nomad Finland, nomad Iceland, nomad Denmark, nomad Sweden, was nomad the only name available to you guys? Dadkaan caadi ma aha.

Nomad2054

Nomad Norway, nomad Finland, nomad Iceland, nomad Denmark, nomad Sweden, was nomad the only name available to you guys? Dadkaan caadi ma aha.

i believe i was the first Nomad on this site, what can i say sxb am influential.

danm that other Nomad did a number on you sxb :mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts