Why is the bar set so low for Somali men?

Chillin

Farxiyo fiska’s body guard
I’m not that old I’m an early gen Z. But in Canada the issues still persist with the younger generation. Most of us still live in low income neighbourhoods (I.e the hood) especially in cities like Toronto where housing is expensive. There’s a lot of young Somali ciyaal suuq men.

When I was in uni I joined the Somali student association and the ratio of Somali women to Somali men in uni was like 4:1. I rarely saw Somali guys on campus but I would see Somali women somewhat often. It was a very big imbalance

I don’t really expect or want their sympathy because why should a bum be praised? If you were born and raised in the west there’s so much opportunity available to you especially as a man. If a man is not academically inclined he could still work in a blue collar field, for example. But working in Uber, a warehouse, or factory is underachieving especially for a diaspora man, sorry
Exactly being in MN and seeing a young Somali men give up on college (when an associates degree is completely free of you qualify for fafsa) and going into security, low retails jobs, Uber etc is just awful how is it that your own sister puts her head down and grinds out a degree but you can’t? I. Remember meeting someone and he tried telling me he’s not going to college and that he’d rather stay with his job as a McDonald’s manager I tried convincing him of even going to some sort of tech bootcamp and he wouldn’t budge we some sort of Somali professionals mentorship program

Kisame

Plotting world domination
I’m not that old I’m an early gen Z. But in Canada the issues still persist with the younger generation. Most of us still live in low income neighbourhoods (I.e the hood) especially in cities like Toronto where housing is expensive. There’s a lot of young Somali ciyaal suuq men.

When I was in uni I joined the Somali student association and the ratio of Somali women to Somali men in uni was like 4:1. I rarely saw Somali guys on campus but I would see Somali women somewhat often. It was a very big imbalance

I don’t really expect or want their sympathy because why should a bum be praised? If you were born and raised in the west there’s so much opportunity available to you especially as a man. If a man is not academically inclined he could still work in a blue collar field, for example. But working in Uber, a warehouse, or factory is underachieving especially for a diaspora man, sorry

"ciyaal suuq men" will always be a minority. Y'all gotta stop generalizing Somali niggas. It's honestly insane how you guys are only noticing the street niggas.

I'm an older gen Z Somali and most of the guys I meet within my age range usually have their shit together. Even the ones that didn't go to college aren't bumming around compared to the older millennials.

Don’t stop this gravy train until I have taken all the benefits of it. I for one am happy that 10/10 are lined up for me for doing something in my life.
Mate it's like shooting in a barrel at this point wallahi. "Waa wiilki xyz, waa nin geesi a". It's not really a competition when you're actual competition is balding, skinny-fat and their place of work is the front-seat of a fucking Toyota Pirus:hemad:

I've come to the conclusion without guidance younger halimos just know what to do with their lives, without correct guidance young abdis just go wherever the wind takes them since they are easily influenced. Put a halimo in the hood she can still become a nurse put her in the suburbs her outcomes will probably be the same. Put an abdi in the hood he gonna be a saqajaan or a saqajaan adjacent put him in the suburbs with a attentive father he will become a software engineer or accountant.
I think most young men are self-destructive by nature, but we don't have a cultural pressures to succeed or a community to reign in that destructive behaviour. The gold standard for most eedos is "well, my son's never been arrested or sold hard food". I don't even begrude Somali men wallahi, not be a drain on society is basically seen as being Saint-like.

I disagree. My LinkedIn says otherwise.
Most of those with terminal degrees are millennials and gen Xers (men and women). They are older so naturally they had more years to advance.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Your situation is the exception to the rule though. Having one educated parent for most people in our age group is a god send. The only girl who's mother was a teacher and really well edcuated went to Oxford ffs lol.

Besides, you're too well bred to even be affected by filth, my sweet pristine queen:banderas:

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Shut the f*ck up with your brain-dead, retarded drivel mate and Let me enjoy gender war shit-flinging in peace warya. You're ruining the banter you dumb yank :mahubowtf:

I think above a certain age, most people are a lost cause. But personally think Somali parents should start treating their sons the way Pajeets threat their sons. Expect more, no demand more from them. Most Somalis are bright, they'll rise to the occassion wallahi.

"Oh, you got an A in your biology mock exam, good. I'd expect nothing less."
"Oh you past your driving test on the first attempt? Perfect, that's also what I'd expect".

Obvsly there's a fine line between having high expectations and out-right crushing someone's spirit by not praising their accomplishments, but it should be dolled out in small doses wallahi.
Otherwise you get 35yr old Uber drivers thinking their hot-shit because they rent their own place and have a few grand in savings lol

I'm honest about it because I have competent female relatives I respect, and seeing them have to debased themselves because "the best of a bad bunch is better than nothing" is heartbreaking. Not acknowleding a problem doesn't simply make it go-away.
That's why getting pats on the back for doing the bare minimum boils my piss. I think on some level having my ego so inflated for not being an abject loser f*ck-up did harm in the long run:manny:

"But personally think Somali parents should start treating their sons the way Pajeets threat their sons"

This would require us to have a bunch of educated Somali parents that know what it takes to survive in the west. Most of us had uneducated parents.

I could see Gen Z Somali parents in the west doing this for the next generation of kids. Maybe some of the Kenyan somalis as well since they're pretty educated.

"But personally think Somali parents should start treating their sons the way Pajeets threat their sons"

This would require us to have a bunch of educated Somali parents that know what it takes to survive in the west. Most of us had uneducated parents.

I could see Gen Z Somali parents in the west doing this for the next generation of kids. Maybe some of the Kenyan somalis as well since they're pretty educated.
It's pains me to admit it but it's true, it's basically too late for the vast majority of Millennials and some older zoomers. But it's not for gen Alpha or any subsequent generation born in the West. Given the fact that we know the pitfalls of not holding holding our boys to a much higher standard. Food for thought I suppose :manny:

Bro I realized Somali niggas weren't shit when I was 13 and I went to some family friends house and this habo told me if I do something with my life and get a good job I could marry her daughter. Ileen she was preordering me kek
:dead:
It's wild that they were out scouting that early. I didn't get adeers giving me the 'wink wink, nudge nudge' until well into my late teens. It's nice having a porfolio of potential spouses by virtue of not huffing ballons in car parks and getting cadaan girls pregnant :chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah:

"Narcissist" kulaha. What're you, some fucking white girl with a septum piercing who's exes were mean to? Get a grip. Wanting to be cheered on for doing what's expected of any well-adjusted adult is clown-ish as f*ck mate:wtfdis:
Yep you seem like a well adjusted, warm hearted young man. I take back my criticism, keep going.

jim adkins smh GIF by Jimmy Eat World

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Wow I’m surprised to see a Somali man actually being honest about the imbalanced expectations for men and women in the community.

Most of the guys would rather just ignore this and pretend it doesn’t exist. Then turn around and act like Somali women are all degens because of one or two girls wylin on social media, when most are not.

This is also why there is a struggle for Somali women to get married within the community. It’s not a nice feeling to do everything right and then most of your marriage options available are fobs, ciyaal suuq, or men who just didn’t do a whole lot with their lives (I.e working in a warehouse or the like making close to minimum wage)
Straight cap What are you talking about this is a lie

Yep you seem like a well adjusted, warm hearted young man. I take back my criticism, keep going.

jim adkins smh GIF by Jimmy Eat World
"Ermm sir, you can't shit-post here unfortunately", nice reddit tier sacarsm. What next? You'll report me to the mods or give me down-doots? You're a nameless, faceless stranger on the internet warya, get fucked :heh:

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Funny how its always the bums and the lowest tier of society complaining, hypocrites that speak without any proof. All of a sudden you decide that 95% of somalis are bums smh

NomadicWarlord

THROW YO 〽️s UP‼️ #MJBLOCK 🇸🇱🇸🇱🇸🇱
Exactly being in MN and seeing a young Somali men give up on college (when an associates degree is completely free of you qualify for fafsa) and going into security, low retails jobs, Uber etc is just awful how is it that your own sister puts her head down and grinds out a degree but you can’t? I. Remember meeting someone and he tried telling me he’s not going to college and that he’d rather stay with his job as a McDonald’s manager I tried convincing him of even going to some sort of tech bootcamp and he wouldn’t budge we some sort of Somali professionals mentorship program
Well at the end of the day college aint for everyone they aint tryna waste 4+ years just to get a job where they barely make anything the least they can do is hit up a local trade school or make money online by reselling products n at the end of the day its only up to you if you want to be successful since they are millions of ways to achieve success in this life :mjdontkno:

Off topic but I definitely plan on making money online sometime soon InshaaAllah no doubt 🙏🏾

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Somali boys are not hold into lesser standards, don’t understand some of yall point about this. No somali hooyo or father is ok with their son failing in school or in general in life.

Boys need stricth fathers to raise them. Thats obvious but in our culture its more notable. If the aabo is not present then the hooyo will do try her best but sometimes thats all she can do. Hard kid will outgrow hooyos beatings by the age of 14 and be kicked out of the house by 15-16. Shitty kids exist.

M
If this doesn't apply to you, then don't be a fàggot and start having a meltdown, I'm speaking in general terms

If you're:
  • Gainfully employed (white-collar)
  • Fuent in aff Somali and banter with the Eedos
  • Dress well, keep up your grooming & hit the gym
  • Look after your parents and grandparents, take them to appointments, take them out to meals etc & generally treat them well
  • Graduated from a decent Uni with good grade
  • Take your deen somewhat seriously and attend the occassional Friday prayer

If you hit even 3 of the afformentioned 6 bullet-points, then you're basically seen as Saint. Irrespective of whatever dirt you might do on the side. But isn't this just the standard that you'd expect from most men? Why is it seen as such a momumental success in the Somali community not to be a f*ck-up failure loser?

It's crazy wallahi, random eedos will sing your praises and all the adeers try and cozy up to you in some weird attempt to try and set you up with their daughter. They're so quick to overlook all your other glaring flaws. "Waa Wiil fiican", If only you knew Abti:heh:

I reiterate; why is the bar set so low for Somali men? There's nothing praise-worthy about doing the bare minimum.
Majority of men dont graduate from university and even if they do they dont have good grades

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
"ciyaal suuq men" will always be a minority. Y'all gotta stop generalizing Somali niggas. It's honestly insane how you guys are only noticing the street niggas.

I'm an older gen Z Somali and most of the guys I meet within my age range usually have their shit together. Even the ones that didn't go to college aren't bumming around compared to the older millennials.

Millennial somalis are chilling, this narrative gotta stop. Most make money enough to be classed as middle class, certainly not working class.

If this doesn't apply to you, then don't be a fàggot and start having a meltdown, I'm speaking in general terms

If you're:
  • Gainfully employed (white-collar)
  • Fuent in aff Somali and banter with the Eedos
  • Dress well, keep up your grooming & hit the gym
  • Look after your parents and grandparents, take them to appointments, take them out to meals etc & generally treat them well
  • Graduated from a decent Uni with good grade
  • Take your deen somewhat seriously and attend the occassional Friday prayer

If you hit even 3 of the afformentioned 6 bullet-points, then you're basically seen as Saint. Irrespective of whatever dirt you might do on the side. But isn't this just the standard that you'd expect from most men? Why is it seen as such a momumental success in the Somali community not to be a f*ck-up failure loser?

It's crazy wallahi, random eedos will sing your praises and all the adeers try and cozy up to you in some weird attempt to try and set you up with their daughter. They're so quick to overlook all your other glaring flaws. "Waa Wiil fiican", If only you knew Abti:heh:

I reiterate; why is the bar set so low for Somali men? There's nothing praise-worthy about doing the bare minimum.
Bro here in xamar its not like that imo 🤣🤣.
I wish men who went uni with decent job wil mot be even meet a parent who wil introduce them to their daughters imo so its western thing maybe. Here i know many young men with decent jobs. But even strugle to find their soulmate

Trending

Latest posts