For the people here in IT, did anyone of you pursue cloud certifications?

I worked as help desk for a grocery chain then got a job as a data consultant/engineer for a consulting firm.

I finished my contract and right now I'm studying for a cert so I can get a better role.
Did you end up getting the cloud certs you were asking about? I’m thinking of switching from cybersecurity to the cloud computing route.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Did you end up getting the cloud certs you were asking about? I’m thinking of switching from cybersecurity to the cloud computing route.
oh yeah i completed all of them in 2021.

AZ900
DP900
DP203(Used to be 2 certs)

I'm trying to get the power bi one atm

how was cyber security for you?

oh yeah i completed all of them in 2021.

AZ900
DP900
DP203(Used to be 2 certs)

I'm trying to get the power bi one atm

how was cyber security for you?
Nice, I’m currently studying for my CySa and CISSP (so far the only certs i’ve acquired are Net+ and Sec+) however the past few months i’ve been really intrigued by cloud and thinking of transitioning and doing the cloud AWS certs soon.

How was it?

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Nice, I’m currently studying for my CySa and CISSP (so far the only certs i’ve acquired are Net+ and Sec+) however the past few months i’ve been really intrigued by cloud and thinking of transitioning and doing the cloud AWS certs soon.

How was it?
Strongly recommend it. Get into azure. They're taking up the most marketspace in the cloud world. AWS is good too, but Azure esp with the rise of their AI space is a better move.

Let me know if you want me to guide you in the first few steps

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
I actually worked on a cybersecurity project for a non for profit in San Diego(online), it was pretty random for like 1 week.

It's mainly like pen testing or something similar right? I had to draw up security measures and find ways to effectively include firewall protection for inmates accessing the internet.

Strongly recommend it. Get into azure. They're taking up the most marketspace in the cloud world. AWS is good too, but Azure esp with the rise of their AI space is a better move.

Let me know if you want me to guide you in the first few steps
Thanks bro, I’ll let you know if i have any questions.
:friendhug:

I’m seriously thinking of switching soon anyways.
I also did some additional Linux courses that i want to resume down the line.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Thanks bro, I’ll let you know if i have any questions.
:friendhug:

I’m seriously thinking of switching soon anyways.
I also did some additional Linux courses that i want to resume down the line.
It depends on what you want to do in terms of cloud computing.

Data Engineer or Systems Admin? You can even get the security cert from azure and combine it with your cyber security learning.

And np my man. I like trolling and shitposting here(esp in general section) but when it comes to serious topics like this, I'll always do my best to help out people!

Feel free to dm me or you can just post here.

Good luck!
:hug:

It depends on what you want to do in terms of cloud computing.

Data Engineer or Systems Admin? You can even get the security cert from azure and combine it with your cyber security learning.

And np my man. I like trolling and shitposting here but when it comes to serious topics like this, I'll always do my best to help out people!

:hug:
I read up on this Cloud Security and seemed perfect as then i could combine my current knowledge with it. I’ll have a proper sit down and think about it.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
I read up on this Cloud Security and seemed perfect as then i could combine my current knowledge with it. I’ll have a proper sit down and think about it.
1677719344356.png

This should give you a brief overview

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
hehe thanks my man.

I was doing some google cloud practitioner and aws courses before i learned azure, but my cousin works at Microsoft as a sales manager and told me to get into Azure so i swapped.

How are you liking software dev so far?
I studied Comp Sci in university and graduated just last year. I still only have about 8 months of experience but I really love my job and company.
Most of the technologies that I use e.g., programming language and frameworks, i learnt on the job. My university course was too theoretical and outdated :mjlol:

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Saved this for later. Thank you :2tjlv3e:

I studied Comp Sci in university and graduated just last year. I still only have about 8 months of experience but I really love my job and company.
Most of the technologies that I use e.g., programming language and frameworks, i learnt on the job. My university course was too theoretical and outdated :mjlol:

If you guys want to get some cloud experience, use volunteermatch. Many non for profits and companies are looking to provide volunteer experience in tech, accounting, management, etc.

I can't believe this got 0 replies. This is legit a gold nugget in finding legitimate practical job experience for any career. :krillin:

Here in sweden you can't get works as a software engineers if you ain't got uni credentials is it easier in america

:hmm::hmm:
What really? Where I am there are apprenticeships for becoming software enginer, you don't need uni credentials. It makes no sense, as you easily can become a very good software engineer without a bachelor.

What really? Where I am there are apprenticeships for becoming software enginer, you don't need uni credentials. It makes no sense, as you easily can become a very good software engineer without a bachelor.
Yeah it helps if you know someone in IT already but to get an interview and at shot at it without Bachelor is almost impossible, to get a bachelor in sweden is only 3 years might join the uni crowd next year inshallah