For All The Anti-Oil People Watch This Documentary

The oil is literally seeping out of the ground :deadpeter:

View attachment 193358
It’s due to our location, we used to be connected to Oman and Yemen which meant we were in close proximity to the oil behemoth which is the Persian gulf which contains more than 55% percent in the world, add on to that fact that we’re basically semi enclosed due to the sloping mountains means that we’re in possession of easily drillable oil and even gas.
E7C0B347-5E69-48DC-AE6A-E9217D46298B.jpeg

It’s due to our location, we used to be connected to Oman and Yemen which meant we were in close proximity to the oil behemoth which is the Persian gulf which contains more than 55% percent in the world, add on to that fact that we’re basically semi enclosed due to the sloping mountains means that we’re in possession of easily drillable oil and even gas. View attachment 193362
Thinking now we probably stole most of the Yemen and Oman’s oil when we separated :russ:

There's no proven oil in Somalia.. If there was oil it would've been found and utilized long ago.. It's just a pipe dream Somalis have thinking there's billions of barrel of oil in Somalia.
I worked at a Fortune 500 Upstream Oil and Gas company last year, and during our meetings, the "New Ventures" team was seriously considering bidding for offshore oil in Somalia. Oil definitely exists in Somalia it just needs to be explored.

I worked at a Fortune 500 Upstream Oil and Gas company last year, and during our meetings, the "New Ventures" team was seriously considering bidding for offshore oil in Somalia. Oil definitely exists in Somalia it just needs to be explored.

Thank you for the informative information!

Last edited:
Alright.. If there's any oil why hasn't there been any digging or exploration for it years ago, when they were exploring for oil in other oil producing countries.. I mean if oil is willingly seeping out of the ground as @Kool-Aid is claiming why hasn't there been any major oil company coming in to digg for it.. Something is not adding up for me here..

I hope they starting selling oil, really gonna help Somalia, plus if the skilled diaspora can return to Somalia, we can see a big change in our lifetime.

Alright.. If there's any oil why hasn't there been any digging or exploration for it years ago, when they were exploring for oil in other oil producing countries.. I mean if oil is willingly seeping out of the ground as @Kool-Aid is claiming why hasn't there been any major oil company coming in to digg for it.. Something is not adding up for me here..
I mean like as if there hasn’t been any civil war or alshabab controlling those territories for years, i mean you can’t really f*ck over people who would fight over rocks

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
There's no proven oil in Somalia.. If there was oil it would've been found and utilized long ago.. It's just a pipe dream Somalis have thinking there's billions of barrel of oil in Somalia.

Hate to go tinfoil hat but it seems to me an open secret in Somali business and political circles that Somalia is under exploited in part due to the gulf states. They apparently put a lot of funding into making sure our oil reserves stayed relatively untouched so as to avoid the springing up of competition. Their buying up of various Somali ports is also a similar strategy of trying to delay Somalia's development for their own benefit because if our ports develop no one is going to go around to their little luuq in the gulf and a lot of traffic will just go straight through the Gulf of Aden to ports like Bosaso and Berbera. And of course when that does inevitably happen they want in on the profits.

Hate to go tinfoil hat but it seems to me an open secret in Somali business and political circles that Somalia is under exploited in part due to the gulf states. They apparently put a lot of funding into making sure our oil reserves stayed relatively untouched so as to avoid the springing up of competition. Their buying up of various Somali ports is also a similar strategy of trying to delay Somalia's development for their own benefit because if our ports develop no one is going to go around to their little luuq in the gulf and a lot of traffic will just go straight through the Gulf of Aden to ports like Bosaso and Berbera. And of course when that does inevitably happen they want in on the profits.
This makes perfect sense, they are also the ones funding al shabab terrorist group as well as exporting extreme form of Islam through various clerics.

There are a few companies on the London stock market that are exploring oil in Somaliland.

Afentra plc and Genel energy are both exploring sites.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I am not against oil mining, we need oil for roads, plastics and even Vaseline.

However, I do not think any country in the world should be using petroleum as a source of fuel.

Somalia is abundant with natural sunlight and wind generation capabilities.

We are bound to not have enough oil for fuel in the future, might as well start preparing now.

I am not against oil mining, we need oil for roads, plastics and even Vaseline.

However, I do not think any country in the world should be using petroleum as a source of fuel.

Somalia is abundant with natural sunlight and wind generation capabilities.

We are bound to not have enough oil for fuel in the future, might as well start preparing now.
I don’t think oil is going anywhere there’s been numerous oil frontiers discovered in the past 5 years throughout the world Somalia being one of them. Although I do agree in that we should exploit sea/wind and solar energies hopefully we could even export it to our neighbours and force deals on favourable terms one insult from the habeshas and they can say goodbye to their lights. :hemad:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I don’t think oil is going anywhere there’s been numerous oil frontiers discovered in the past 5 years throughout the world Somalia being one of them. Although I do agree in that we should exploit sea/wind and solar energies hopefully we could even export it to our neighbours and force deals on favourable terms one insult from the habeshas and they can say goodbye to their lights. :hemad:

Even if more and more oil is found, it is still a finite resource. The cadaans have realised that oil is needed for their roads, bitumen, plastics etc and within the next 10-20 years will only use petroleum for those things.

The days of unrestricted petroleum usage for automobiles/personal generators etc is over.

I would be interested in seeing what the government allocates money to I think infrastructure will be their main goal especially as we desperately need it for the private sector to even grow.

Trending

Latest posts