First Somali youtuber to talk about Knife crime,Somali gangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I dont know how the knife crime is in the UK but this is a very good topic to talk about

Why do you think somali youth are involved in gangs and knife crime?

I think its a mixture of where you live and who you surround yourself with and I also think its important that both parents are involved in their kids life

World

VIP
Where you live and who you surround yourself with are not mutually exclusive. If you live in a poor council estate neighbourhood, you're more likely to get influenced and surrounded by criminals. Some guys also chose to adopt that lifestyle because they think it's cool and prestige.

World

VIP
London is a fucked up place in my opinion. Nothing good will ever come out of living there.

Recently, a Labour MP's son who was working for his mother as her chief of staff earning £43,835 a year pleaded guilty for drug charges. Together, they were earning £130,000 a year.

Yet still, he wanted to sell drugs?

Apollo

VIP
London is a fucked up place in my opinion. Nothing good will ever come out of living there.

Recently, a Labour MP's son who was working for his mother as her chief of staff earning £43,835 a year pleaded guilty for drug charges. Together, they were earning £130,000 a year.

Yet still, he wanted to sell drugs?

London has a lot of good companies and job opportunities.

World

VIP
London has a lot of good companies and job opportunities.
And where will they be coming back home to? A council house in a neighbourhood rife with crime.

London is one of the richest cities in the world, which of course is a good thing, but the housing is too expensive. There is no natural expansion into middle class, even if you move up the financial hierarchy, housing prices are impossible if you're not a millionaire which means low class council houses are the norm.

Apollo

VIP
And where will they be coming back home to? A council house in a neighbourhood rife with crime.

London is one of the richest city in the world, which of course is a good thing, but the housing is too expensive. There is no natural expansion into middle class, even if you move up the financial hierarchy, housing prices are impossible if you're not a millionaire which means low class council houses are the norm.

The rents in London are a joke. I looked at them and they are like triple of those in most major West European cities while wages are similar.

Kratos

Sonder
Isn't knife crime a general issue in London anyway? If so it makes sense why young Somali men would be involved tbh. They mostly grow up in poor and dodgy neighbourhoods which already have a pre-existing gang culture and high crime rates and they naturally get absorbed into it. The fact that many young Somalis have uneducated mothers and absentee fathers doesn't help either

Reason Somalis become gangs is because they're not intact with their culture and look to AA culture.
If they were taught their culture they wouldn't look to AAs

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There isn't one reason that can single out why its a problem.

It's not about imitating other madows because prior to their arrival there were Europeans involved in that sort of crime. It was normally poor individuals or those blocked access via social mobility. There is also the issue of classism and materialism at play. For whatever reason, kids who might be picked on in school (for not having the lastest clothes or looking different) or are underperforming with little support might turn towards gangs to belong and make money. It's often kids are groomed into that. I've read some studies on it.

The best thing a parent under those circumstances could do is move if possible. Drugs are intentionally poured into impoverished areas. Or if possible restrict the freedom given to you're male children like you do females. Many parents made the error of raising their boys permissively like they did back home, while not adapting to changes in environment.

There isn't one reason that can single out why its a problem.

It's not about imitating other madows because prior to their arrival there were Europeans involved in that sort of crime. It was normally poor individuals or those blocked access via social mobility. There is also the issue of classism and materialism at play. For whatever reason, kids who might be picked on in school (for not having the lastest clothes or looking different) or are underperforming with little support might turn towards gangs to belong and make money. It's often kids are groomed into that. I've read some studies on it.

The best thing a parent under those circumstances could do is move if possible. Drugs are intentionally poured into impoverished areas. Or if possible restrict the freedom given to you're male children like you do females. Many parents made the error of raising their boys permissively like they did back home, while not adapting to changes in environment.

Sophi

Have you ever heard about “Drill Rap”? @Geeljire sanbuur posted here some clips in the past. The whole lyrics revolves around taunting one another & killing others with knives and it’s hugely popular with those who live in the projects including Somalis. They kill one another because of postal addresses in the projects.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I dont know how the knife crime is in the UK but this is a very good topic to talk about

Why do you think somali youth are involved in gangs and knife crime?

I think its a mixture of where you live and who you surround yourself with and I also think its important that both parents are involved in their kids life
How did you stumble on this video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts