First impressions of Hargeisa

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Wrong nation dude, you paid the 60 dollar SL visa fee, not the Somalian one :icon lol:

enjoy your stay my fellow lander
:mjohreally:
that $60 fee was a visa fee? Had no idea. I guess it makes sense that you pay a visa fee AFTER you leave the immigration office and that every single person pays a visa fee, even Somaliland citizens. That happens in every single nation of course
/s

You and I both know that $60 was to fund the airport. Which I have nothing against, if the government can’t do it they have to make money some how.

Also, I find it convenient that you don’t need a visa even if you’re not a Somaliland citizen as long as you’re somali lol. I remember there was a family in front of me on the plane line up and the kid asked if they’ll stop him because he only has a british passport. And the mom told him they can tell he’s somali from his skin and he doesn’t have to worry about that.

When I gave the immigration dude my passport I wonder how he felt when it said my place of birth was “laascaanood Somalia” kkkk. He probably has to see countless “place of birth: hargeisa Somalia” in his shifts :dead:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Your assessment was unbiased and fair, apologies for not giving you the benefit of the doubt since you always talk shit about SL and it's people.

Enjoy the City sxb.
lol I only make fun of hargeisa and its people for FKD banter. I don’t really mean most of what I say, I’m sure others don’t too. Except for a handful of genuine qabilists.

I’d be happy if any Somali city prospered and wouldn’t pray on any of them suffering. I’ll tell you this, if Somaliland shows any steps in genuine improvement as a nation i.e a well drawn out plan by its government and actually put in the funds and effort to implement it, I’ll paint my house green white and red.

Only reason why I dislike Somaliland as a concept is because I hate the thought of further division of Somalis. If I was convinced that Somaliland indefinitely splitting from Somalia is for the greater good, I wouldn’t be against it.

I just got to hargeisa yesterday and I’ve noticed some things since the last time I came here (~7 years ago).

This will be unbiased so here goes:

First thing I noticed was how big the city was, from the plane view it almost seemed like it was never ending. I was actually impressed, that was one thing going for them.

After I landed I realized the airport was kind of dingy. There was a runway at least :icon lol:

after you land you go through immigrations which is just one semi large room and there’s 6 counters, 5 of them for regular somalis and 1 for visas for foreigners (there was surprisingly many foreigners on my plane). this one german somali girl was brining her cadaan friends, she wasn’t wearing a hijab in addis ababa but put one on for hargeisa like her cadaan friends lmao. indha adeegnimadeeda she probably lined up for a visa claiming she was a foreigner :dead:

are these how all german somalis are? 😂

after that it was just a baggage claim, your bag is in a room and you take it out. They make you pay $60 usd before entering and I was pretty annoyed by that but some lady explained it’s because they don’t receive much income from the government and need some form of revenue, which made sense. Hopefully the SL government invests more in their airports and airport workers.

Speaking of investment they should also invest in their roads and traffic. Wallahi billahi it’s so dangerous, so many potholes, rubble, and the roads are too thin you have to get off the road partly to make way for incoming traffic. Not to mention it’s so packed with everyone driving a car, luckily there were traffic guys at large junctions to help aid traffic. Otherwise there’d be a disaster at every intersection. Truck drivers are also tyrannical, they do whatever they want since if you crash into them you’re the one who’s probably gonna suffer.

I didn’t notice this last time but there are so many wild dogs, they all look healthy and clean though mashallah and they seem to be pretty docile and not afraid of humans. Some of them travel in packs too lol, my uncle told me in a nearby neighborhood there are dozens of them at a time.

Last thing I want to say, and probably the most important (or tied with the roads), is the trash. Here’s a video from the outskirts of the city and look at all the trash wtf. How would you even go about cleaning all this?

Welcome to your city brother and yeah you're right Hargeysa roads are shit hopefully the new mayor and the govt would fix that soon.

Enjoy your stay :icon e biggrin::icon e biggrin:

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
@Hot Ballah

The 60 $ you paid are just normal visa fee bro. You should be thankful you paid only 60 $ to enter an entire NATION. + in that 60 $ visa fee, you also get to stay a limited amount of time. I don't know exacty how many days or month you can stay in Somaliland with a valid visa.

In Djibouti, I had to pay 90 US DOLLARS VISA FEE THAT IS VALID FOR ONLY 30 DAYS OF STAY

:dead:

One time, I came to Djibouti, paid 90 US DOLLARS FOR VISA FEE VALID 30 DAYS OF STAY, after only 9 days in Djibouti I decided to travel to Somaliland and went to Borama through Hargeisa Airport, when I got back to Djibouti, the immigration officers told me my visa is not valid anymore because when i was leaving Djibouti to Hargeisa, visa got canceled. So now rest assured, i just have to pay another 90 US DOLLARS FOR A NEW VISA ENTRY TO DJIBOUTI

:dead:

View attachment 195004

wild dog in hargeisa. These dogs howl at the moon lol.

I saw one and its puppy howling and I also hear them at night.

cadaans would call this dog a mutt but I think they look better and healthier than i̶n̶b̶r̶e̶d̶ purebred dogs.
Mashallah, I have GOT to visit Hargeisa.
:ohhh:

Will they discriminate against me because I'm Dhulbahante? Or does qabiil not really matter?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Mashallah, I have GOT to visit Hargeisa.
:ohhh:

Will they discriminate against me because I'm Dhulbahante? Or does qabiil not really matter?
literally no one asks for your qabiil. How would that even work? Do you think when you go to a restaurant the waiter will ask you for your qabiil before serving you or something?

Also, I’ve told a bunch of them I was born in las anod and they didn’t treat me any different. Qabiil isn’t as important in everyday life. It only really matters in marriage or politics.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
If you think Hargeisa is bad Wait till you get to Lascanood lol.

Hargeis has a good underground scene
For one, I don’t think Hargeisa is bad, and two, I’ve been the laascanood before and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Have you even ever been to laascaanood?

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
There are only two major problems in Hargeisa imo: Not enough paved roads and Egal airport.

If they had the same amount of paved roads and pavements as Mogadishu, they would have the potential to be a world-class city in 10-15 years. The money is clearly there in the resident community, they just need to exploit it imo.
Should we go there and Pave those roads ourselves with some asphalt or concrete?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Should we go there and Pave those roads ourselves with some asphalt or concrete?
it’s not even that hard to pave it lol, I see them do it all the time in Canada when they’re repairing roads or driveways. You just need asphalt and asphalt pavers like this

DBBA6EF4-36E6-4382-9268-B7E547515264.jpeg

they can even get smaller ones too.

Worst part is they’re not even building new roads, just repairing old ones.

“Asphalt paving costs $7 to $13 per square foot. You'll pay $2 to $6 per square foot for new materials and $5 to $7 per square foot for installation.”

If they wanted to do it they could have done it a long time ago.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
it’s not even that hard to pave it lol, I see them do it all the time in Canada when they’re repairing roads or driveways. You just need asphalt and asphalt pavers like this

View attachment 195150

they can even get smaller ones too.

Worst part is they’re not even building new roads, just repairing old ones.

“Asphalt paving costs $7 to $13 per square foot. You'll pay $2 to $6 per square foot for new materials and $5 to $7 per square foot for installation.”

If they wanted to do it they could have done it a long time ago.
Somalia asphalt prolly costs even less

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
View attachment 195004

wild dog in hargeisa. These dogs howl at the moon lol.

I saw one and its puppy howling and I also hear them at night.

cadaans would call this dog a mutt but I think they look better and healthier than i̶n̶b̶r̶e̶d̶ purebred dogs.

There is a Youtube video of dogs in Hargeisa being poison in mass. like hundreds. Horrible

When it comes to trash management, roads and the plastic bags this guy is making moves and have promised a lot, lets see how it looks when his 5 years tenure is done.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
There is a Youtube video of dogs in Hargeisa being poison in mass. like hundreds. Horrible
rabies is still a threat in Africa. Those dogs need to go. poisoning is bit inhumane but they need to be put down
my uncle told me about it lol. He said they wait for the population of dogs to reach a certain population, afterwards they get poisoned en masse.

These dogs breed quick and population control is needed. And like Hassan2000 said, rabies is also a problem.

It’s kind of in humane but they have no other options. You can’t let them breed forever. You gotta drop their population once in a while, maybe every few years.

Trending

Latest posts