First impressions of Hargeisa

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I don’t think Subclans should be in charge of roads per say, but they should of course help out. If you put sub clans in charge of roads you would be encouraging them to actually make claim of certain neighborhoods and districts which would cause further division imo.

What should be done is putting more control over city planning and road building in the hands of civil engineers and other professionals. It’s one thing to have good roads but it’s another to have good roads that aren’t winding everywhere and dodging random houses plotted in the middle of the city.

People should notify the government of places they plan on developing and wait for them to be given heads up. Hospitals, schools, and other important institutions must be places strategically. Imagine if all the institutions were lopsided in one side of the city where a certain subclan lives in. That would be horrible planning.

Hargeisa is manshallah a fast growing city but Someone or some people must hold the reigns. Growing randomly would cause more harm than good. At this point anyone should do it until a competent government comes in to take it over.
Off topic but did you used to wear a Somalia wristband and did you take it off when you reached hargeiso:browtf:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The roads and trash was a serious problem in xamar too. Only a few main roads are paved and most of those were by turks. Only certain neighbourhoods even have those around the centre but places on the outskirts have seriously bad roads.

I spent a while in oodweyne which is on the outskirts of xanar and I noticed other than it being a filled with camels, was that there wasn’t a single road in sight to cater to the alleyways, for miles on miles. Just one main road down back into xamar.View attachment 195011

Garbage was a big issue all over the city aswel especially bakaraha. No one cares about trash the only trash people would collect off the roads were the occasional dead animal who got hit be a car or something else blocking the road.

People only tend to care about the cleanliness of their houses where you would see hooyos washing the floor for hours then dumping the dirty water right onto their doorstep.
I suspect this will become a problem with every Somali city that passes a certain population threshold without proper city maintenance.

1 million+ people each throwing their garbage on the floor will obviously cause a build up. The roads are also constantly being used and no one is bothering to fix potholes which will just become larger the more cars and trucks drive over it.

Even in toronto there were pothole problems but last year the city employed thousands of contractors to cover up hundreds of thousands of potholes.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
the roads are a legitimate hazard and on top of the heavy traffic and somali carelessness it’s a recipe for disaster wallahi.

The garbage problem is also worrisome. if this keeps up all of hargeisa would become a slum with garbage lying around everywhere.

Recycling and garbage collection programs are needed, not only would this benefit the city but bring more employment to the people and help distribute wealth. But the government would rather hoard it or use it to import khat :snoop:
Here's the crazy part you see the garbage trucks its a private company that takes care of the trash so if you don't pay them 5$ a month they won't take your trash

The other crazy part is the electricity in Somaliland is owned by a private company
Stuff like this should be owned by the government not by a private company these guys will overcharge you here's the dumb part if your electricity meter doesn't work or it breaks down the company wont replace it for you instead they will tell you to buy a new meter for 50$ or they will cut off your lights

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The last mayor was corrupt mf hopefully the new mayor will make the difference with as resources as possible.
This is another reason why I’m not totally against the Somaliland government.

Even if Somaliland would stop right now and join with Somalia. They would still be autonomous because Somalia can’t even take care of nearby cities.

So Somaliland shouldn’t sit around and wait for Somalia, they should take matters into their own hands. Puntland is basically how Somaliland would be if they realigned with Somalia. Completely autonomous yet apart of Somalia only in name.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Off topic but did you used to wear a Somalia wristband and did you take it off when you reached hargeiso:browtf:
I’ve never worn a somalia bracelet, always thought that was kind of corny.

But if I did I’d definitely take it off lmao. If you’re wearing that in hargeisa you’re just looking for attention and want to cause problems lol.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
The cows blocking the traffick, the garbage, the beggars and the loud aggressive sellers in the suuq is what I remember.

Also they stare at you when you're taking pics or videos, they would get suspicious and ask me where I was from lol. The trip was so and so 4/10 but I would never visit again.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Have you visited LA before?
of course lol. I was born there and I visited there the last time I went to hargeisa. I’ll also report on how it is and things that can be improved on as well. But I’ll doubt I’ll see much, LA is small compared to hargeisa so it won’t face the same problems it faces. My brother claims it’s more fun in hargeisa than LA so recreation could obviously be improved on, to give it less of a “small-town” vibe. tbf though every city in Somalia has a small-town vibe save a couple of cities, even if they have a population of 300K it’s mostly just houses and a couple of schools. Nothing touristy or fun. Hargeisa and xamar have a bunch of things you can do.

It’s also not gonna be my first time in xamar either. My dad apparently took me there when I was 2-3 but I can’t remember any of it. So it’s going to be my first experience there.

Reborn
of course lol. I was born there and I visited there the last time I went to hargeisa. I’ll also report on how it is and things that can be improved on as well. But I’ll doubt I’ll see much, LA is small compared to hargeisa so it won’t face the same problems it faces. My brother claims it’s more fun in hargeisa than LA so recreation could obviously be improved on, to give it less of a “small-town” vibe. tbf though every city in Somalia has a small-town vibe save a couple of cities, even if they have a population of 300K it’s mostly just houses and a couple of schools. Nothing touristy or fun. Hargeisa and xamar have a bunch of things you can do.

It’s also not gonna be my first time in xamar either. My dad apparently took me there when I was 2-3 but I can’t remember any of it. So it’s going to be my first experience there.

You should attend the Hargeisa book fair

Trending

Latest posts