Fired Chipotle manager who was harassed by Somali hooligans gets her job back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Sonder
The problem is that’s how discriminating starts we’re a minority and they start seeing all of us as criminals. A lot of us are criminals tho it’s hard to avoid associating

It's even worse now, the African Americans have abandoned us. There are a lot of tweets circulating about how the guy is "Somali American" and not "African American". A lot of black Americans are angry with the way he labelled himself because they think he brought negative attention to their community.

It's even worse now, the African Americans have abandoned us. There are a lot of tweets circulating about how the guy is "Somali American" and not "African American". A lot of black Americans are angry with the way he labelled himself because they think he brought negative attention to their community.
Yeahh his mugshot gave it away hair too soft for those Madows

Justice has been served. It just goes to show how deeply this social justice activism and virtue signalling culture has infiltrated legal and business practices in the US. Chipotle fired her immediately without doing an investigation just to squash any accusations of racism and to satisfy those bloodthirsty race baiters. I hope this girl doesn't accept the offer and instead takes Chipotle to court.
I think you're overreacting dude, they were just losers that fucked around. Let's not use one anecdote to make big claims like "social juctice and virtue signaling has infiltrated legal and business practices in the U.S" which we would need real data and empirical evidence to prove. And that would be a good thumbnail for a right-wing anti-sjw video btw. But glad she got her job back though

Kratos

Sonder
I think you're overreacting dude, they were just losers that fucked around. Let's not use one anectode to make big claims like "social juctice and virtue signaling has inlitraded leagal and bussines practices in th U.S" which we would need real data and empirical evidence to prove. And that would be a good thumbnail for a right-wing anti-sjw video btw. But glad she got her job back though

I don't think I'm overreacting tbh. While I don't have any empirical data, there are a lot of examples were people have lost their jobs over viral tweets detailing alleged acts of racism. The firing of this lady wasn't necessarily a piece of evidence for the existence of virtue signalling practices by US businesses, rather it was simply another example of when this sort of thing has happened. It has happened so many times before. Take the recent event where that Hamdia girl got her modelling gig after crying about racism all the time as an example.

Kratos

Sonder
I think you're overreacting dude, they were just losers that fucked around. Let's not use one anecdote to make big claims like "social juctice and virtue signaling has infiltrated legal and business practices in the U.S" which we would need real data and empirical evidence to prove. And that would be a good thumbnail for a right-wing anti-sjw video btw. But glad she got her job back though

https://www.investors.com/politics/...ial-virtue-signaling-can-be-bad-for-business/
https://theconversation.com/how-activism-pushes-companies-to-be-political-86892

Have a read through these two articles. Corporate social activism and virtue-signalling are not conspiracy theories. They are legitimate business strategies that are practiced heavily in the US. They range from social issues such as sustainability and environmental protection, to identity politics and gender theory.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm overreacting tbh. While I don't have any empirical data, there are a lot of examples were people have lost their jobs over viral tweets detailing alleged acts of racism. The firing of this lady wasn't necessarily a piece of evidence for the existence of virtue signalling practices by US businesses, rather it was simply another example of when this sort of thing has happened. It has happened so many times before. Take the recent event where that Hamdia girl who got her modelling gig after crying about racism all the time as an example.
Yes, and i am with you on everything. But let's not give the right wing nuts any reason to make an illusionary case like it's a big trend that is going boil over somehow. Let's go case by case, or make a study that shows this trend and draw how much of an impact this sort of behaviour overall have on the american work environment. I am with you, but let's draw conclusion a bit slower and not make the same tactics as the far-right wing conservatives use.

Kratos

Sonder
Yes, and i am with you on everything. But let's not give the right wing nuts any reason to make a illusionary case like it's a big trend that is going boil over somehow. Let's go case by case, or make a study that shows this trend and draw how much of an impact this sort of behaviour overall have on the american work environment. I am with you, but let's draw conclusion a bit slower and not make the same tactics as the far-right wing conservatives.

There are lots of studies which talk about this. Have a look at the articles I linked in the previous post as an introduction. There are also many others you can find on google scholar. We should be concerned with facts. It doesn't matter if far right-wing groups say the same thing, are we going to conceal the truth just to further a political agenda?

There are lots of studies which talk about this. Have a look at the articles I linked in the previous post as an introduction. There are also many others you can find on google scholar. We should be concerned with facts. It doesn't matter if far right-wing groups say the same thing, are we going to conceal the truth just to further a political agenda?
I am not doubting that it exist. I just don't like when people are drawing certain narratives from something they see or hear. We are living in times were people only want to hear what they want to hear and conflate facts with cheap talkingpoints. So thank you for giving me those two articles and im going to read them later. But you are not the majority, most idiots don't read and just spout things they hear somewhere else, and thus i have this attitude that says "give me the facts". We should all have this attitude in life where everything seems to be post-truth, and we should not draw fast conclusions based on short term reactionary human impulses.

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
KKK just trashed my truck and stuck a burning cross in my front lawn.

When I tried to tell the cops and the media they all just pointed to the Chipotle video and then decide to ignore me.

Lame joke aside. Masud did some real damage here.

Status
Not open for further replies.