Finalization of EAC membership completed in parliament

It's important to have control over our borders and ensure that there is a Brexit option in the deal to protect us if anything goes wrong.

The East African countries often experience disruptions, leading to the closure of their airspace or conflicts over food production and exports. Which slows down the integration of markets.

Recently, Rwanda had its borders closed by other East African Community members (EAC) members.

So far this only helps the corrupt leaders.
The business community in Somalia wants better protection to secure their money and taxes in the EAC.

We can only hope the EAC is just a trade organisation and not turn into the EU.

Where do you think this will end for us ??

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Both. We get access to lessened trade barriers and free travel. But if we have a dispute with one of them, they’ll take it to bias EAC court instead of ICJ.
Free travel. It's actually fucking over. I'm going to lafta nagaa to get converted Into Oroumma.

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
The Bantu won 😞
Sad Video Games GIF by 100 Thieves

Free travel. It's actually fucking over. I'm going to lafta nagaa to get converted Into Oroumma.
I’m with Hassan for any ethiopia related conjuncture…..but this farce will end one way or another. We won’t allow the colonization he wants, Somali people, hawiye included, can only be pushed so far :gunsmiley:

The government shouldn’t be entering into agreements like the EAC until Al Shabaab is defeated, we have a finished constitution, and we have a proper democracy with 1m1v

Mohmed

"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn."
Both. We get access to lessened trade barriers and free travel. But if we have a dispute with one of them, they’ll take it to bias EAC court instead of ICJ.
Free travel? Surprising because of our little problem with Al-Kebab.

I rather take this alliance then the gaajo ethiopia somalia integration farmaajo was pushing. Somalis are already so integrated to kenya. Hopefully this works out well for us

I rather take this alliance then the gaajo ethiopia somalia integration farmaajo was pushing. Somalis are already so integrated to kenya. Hopefully this works out well for us
Let’s not rewrite history, they weren’t our enemies before this term. We were neutral with them. They prefer farmaajo to HSM because he wasn’t bringing Egypt closer, and just threatened abiy by saying he’ll support tplf if they try anything.

Our only hope is to utilize it to our advantage before leaving once we are more stable and have our economic model.

The idea of free travel is insane and would backfire on all of the EAC. Kenya is already experiencing growing anti-immigration due to the Nigerians.

Plus their leader recently allowed free visas on arrival.

Kenya won’t try anything since Ruto genuinely wants Somalia to stand its own two feet. But if Uhuru was in power while HSM was president, we’d be a Kenyan colony

Trending

Latest posts