Final constitution handed to parliament

Jungle

VIP
A 1m1v system for the upcoming elections and three parties instead of 2. President HSM made these after consulting senators and mps

Cool story bro. Chapters 1 -4 of the constitution will be passed through Saturday inshallah and there is nothing you or me can do about it.

It Is What It Is Bip 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise
Kuwaan calaacalka badan have representatives in parliament and they will all vote in favour of the changes and completion of the constitution

reer

VIP
It will be based on party, of course, but the parties will also certainly ally themselves with clans they find close, etc. However, the focus should be mostly on competence and not what clan a party consists of.

do you really believe the dhuuso you wrote?
E__QCaOUYAALv1e.jpg

One thing I really don't like about the conversation about expanding the constitution is that people don't go into detail about what exactly they don't like in it.
To make it clear, the constitution isn't finished yet and needs to be completed to show how a Federal and democratic Somalia will work.
Some changes in the constitution aren't great, but some people just say it's bad because it doesn't favor their clan, or even worse because it's written by a clan they aren't particularly fond of. The latter isn't even true. That's not a reason or even an argument. If your entire political thought is just about your clan, that makes your point moot for anyone not from that particular clan.

A problem I have with it is only allowing three political parties, especially in a society where tribes are a big deal. I know it's done because of the fear of too many tiny parties centered around sub-sub-sub clans could make it hard to run the country, but we still need to give smaller parties a chance to have a say in parliament. I think there is a way to allow them to exist, creating a threshold of them gaining at least a few MPs in multiple FMS districts could be a threshold to weed out non-ideological parties.

I'm not happy with the Prime Minister's role getting weaker. It's good to see some changes compared to the previous concept version.

Also, we're only talking about the first few chapters of the constitution. We haven't even looked at the "meat" of the constitution, like who gets what power and the roles of the FGS and FMS will be in that.

There's a lot more to read and discuss before we really understand what the new constitution means for Somalia's future. It isn't perfect, and therefore, there are plenty of arguments against it, but there's no way the people against it in this thread have properly read through it, otherwise I'd expect some more coherent arguments.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Those articles didn't go through any change. And they are not necessarily in contradiction.
Qodob16aad N.jpg

Practicing(ku dhaqmo) one's own religion in private and spreading(faafin) a religion are not the same.

A problem rises if one argues that to practice one's own religion, dacwah is essential. Religions with core aspect being evangelism like the Jehova's Witnesses will be problematic, but a proper interpretation and final say will be in the hands of a future supreme court.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Chapter 5 should be juicy to when it’s changed and finalized wonder if 2 region rule will stay or how it will be modified to fit current FMs borders

1711949874530.png

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Chapter 5 should be juicy to when it’s changed and finalized wonder if 2 region rule will stay or how it will be modified to fit current FMs borders

View attachment 322794

2 region rule should be abolished but regions as a whole should be used as a guide. You can then slice them up by traditional clan borders or creating new districts.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Creating new districts is opening Pandora’s box everybody will want one

Thats why there should be a limit to them and fortunately only few places in Somalia need to be demarcated based on clan borders and new districts.

PL and GM border is pretty much settled, it only needs to be formalised. The tricky part is SSC imo but its nothing major.

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
Thats why there should be a limit to them and fortunately only few places in Somalia need to be demarcated based on clan borders and new districts.

PL and GM border is pretty much settled, it only needs to be formalised. The tricky part is SSC imo but its nothing major.
Will Gaalkacyo be divided between 2 states or will there be 2 cities.

Jungle

VIP
2 region rule should be abolished but regions as a whole should be used as a guide. You can then slice them up by traditional clan borders or creating new districts.
Abolishing the 2 region rule is like allowing every qabil their own federal state. This will never happen

HSM looked the other way for GM but thats about it.

Trending

Latest posts