Fighting breaks out in Galkacyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say this with respect because the positive exchange between the two regions and clans isn't expressed the way it should be; especially by next generation that needs to clean up the mess.

Personally I have family who died in these exchanges, along side the very kin who call me sheegato for trying to find solutions.

Puntlander defend Puntland not just clan.

What I didn't expect was your remark, that doesn't move the conversation forward.
Xamaar and Afgooye shouldn't have been mentioned at all. This is a Galkcayo/Mudug problem.

Xamaar has no resources and no claim.
You literally and indirectly Xambaar/Carry the very issue we are trying to solve and brought it somewhere else.

This is another reason why I don't invest in Xamaar because the same city the symbolizes solidarity is being claimed by clan. International Aid money designated to solve the problem in Mudug gets hit by the 10km Isbaaro around Xamaar and Aid can't escape.

What If Puntlanders just bought a chunk of undeveloped land along Xamaar and began building it? What does that do for Puntlanders? How does that circle back to the original conversation?

The only way forward, is to have discussions like this and finding ways to compromise.

A buffer zone is imminent. Its just the Odays on both sides consider it ceeb and shameful it had to come that way.

You misunderstood my post on why I mentioned just Afgooye, Xamar (could also Merca, Kismaayo, Jilib etc) it was to signify the diversity of cities, regions inhabited by my clan which is both a blessing as well as a curse in the context of the discussion on Garcad

You said I claimed Xamar, show me the evidence of this, when did "calling Xamar home" become akin to a clan claiming it? I don't think you have travelled to Xamar in the last 6 or so years, if you did, you wouldn't have made such a post.

There is no diverse city like Xamar in Somalia, it's the only city you can walk through entire districts, visit all sorts of places without someone ever asking you what "qabiil" you are. Everywhere else in Somalia this question is routinely asked, until you see the diversity with your own eyes, those innate biases will never leave you sxb

. Detroit was the 4th largest city in America and the centre of manufacturing in America, Galkayo is a trade town in the middle of Somalia where a civil war has existed for 30 years, they have nothing to do with each other. It's a weird comparison Galkayo doesn't produce anything, it facilitates commercial business in Central Somalia. It's a service town which managed to grow during a civil war so wouldn't it grow even bigger during stability? If Garacad gets built up some people will move there obviously cause there's work and development but that doesn't mean the old town and its business and trade will be abandoned. Abandoning a trade town and turning it into a military camp is crazy come on son:chrisfreshhah:

If you can read between the lines and open your eyes the stated buffer zone is to protect Puntland and maintain its longterm autonomy, this transcends the conflict between Reer Galkcayo.

It’s to protect the existence of Puntland.

You misunderstood my post on why I mentioned just Afgooye, Xamar (could also Merca, Kismaayo, Jilib etc) it was to signify the diversity of cities, regions inhabited by my clan which is both a blessing as well as a curse in the context of the discussion on Garcad

You said I claimed Xamar, show me the evidence of this, when did "calling Xamar home" become akin to a clan claiming it? I don't think you have travelled to Xamar in the last 6 or so years, if you did, you wouldn't have made such a post.

There is no diverse city like Xamar in Somalia, it's the only city you can walk through entire districts, visit all sorts of places without someone ever asking you what "qabiil" you are. Everywhere else in Somalia this question is routinely asked, until you see the diversity with your own eyes, those innate biases will never leave you sxb

There are no biases.

Unresolved conflict in Galkcayo can’t go into the next 10-15 years. It’s is terrible for investments and opportunities in that region.

People actually thing me norther mudug has nothing. There are many resources and economic opportunities, but until there is peace or compromise it will continue to lose the potential it deserves.

Keo

VIP
My mother and my uncle travelled to Galmudug once. They were going to visit close relatives who owned a hotel near the border and they once even ventured inside Galmudug to shop. My uncle grew up in Puntland coz he came there very young so he spoke in that accent and they were all giving him the looks. Luckily, my mother is reer koonfur MJ and told him to let her do the talking. There's also the massive gunshot sounds all night while you are trying to sleep, and this was in the border so imagine if you was inside Galmudug. Also, this was like 2010.

Keo

VIP
I also heard you could get killed trying to cross over to Galmudug at night because there are hardly any soldiers patrolling the area but if a person from Galmudug was to cross over to Puntland they wouldn't do anything to them.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I also heard you could get killed trying to cross over to Galmudug at night because there are hardly any soldiers patrolling the area but if a person from Galmudug was to cross over to Puntland they wouldn't do anything to them.
That was 2010 before the faroole security crackdown of 2011. The border is secure right now post 2016 clashes, when Galmudug threat was neutralised.

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
That was 2010 before the faroole security crackdown of 2011. The border is secure right now post 2016 clashes, when Galmudug threat was neutralised.
So the clashes have been happening for this long and it still hasn`t been resolved? :faysalwtf: thats crazy damn

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
So the clashes have been happening for this long and it still hasn`t been resolved? :faysalwtf: thats crazy damn
October 2016 Puntland defeated them and pushed their militia all the way to the outskirts of the city and annexed baraxley, since then Gaas signed a peace deal brokered by Omar Sharmaake and allowed their militia to comeback to the city. It has been tit for tat ever since.

Dahir Alasow is somewhat right. They use to graze all the way to Burtinle during the kacaan days. But that was because the MJs in mudug were being prosecuted and a lot of them fled the entire region. They have this fixation with Burtinle border. Even Caydiid wrote in his book that he published in 1994 that his people settle all the way to Burtinle. They view Burtinle as some lost kingdom :farmajoyaab:

The difference between us is that you blatantly lie even though you know the truth, you would have never made that admission if I didn't bring those indisputable proof's from two different sources neutral on clan affairs. (CIA and IM Lewis)

When you mention kacaan persecution as a result of SSDF rebellion you deliberately left out how Ceydiid and his entire clan refused to slaughter your people despite being ordered by Barre to do so.

Few years later when the same offer was made to your leadership by the Kacaan after USC was created, your spineless leadership took this opportunity and went into Gaalkacayo slaughtering 300 innocent man all unarmed, many of them were wadaad's that came from a mosque which lead to Nus Qiyaamo were 1500 of your man died in retaliation attacks in a single night after the Kacaan fell.

Those persecutions backed by the kacaan from the south as well as north were far more brutal and longer then what a few SSDF officers and their sub-sub-sub-clans went through and this resulted in a far larger migration from those areas, it's even documented how the kacaan used their air-force to bomb us in Gaalkacayo

My parents would have never migrated to Mogadishu otherwise, like I always said, the moment I see you buffoons use the term "baraxley", the famous water well my great grand father drank from which was built around 1930-45 at the heart of Gaalkacayo, you already lost the arguments because you affirm my presence in the city for a century.

If we use CIA/I M Lewis maps, which is from the very early 70's even late 60's according to the CIA account and we know SSDF was established in 1978 by mere name at that time (guerrilla activity began in the early 80's), this refutes your persecution claims while affirming the conquests that was taking place which the Italian's saved you from.

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
October 2016 Puntland defeated them and pushed their militia all the way to the outskirts of the city and annexed baraxley, since then Gaas signed a peace deal brokered by Omar Sharmaake and allowed their militia to comeback to the city. It has been tit for tat ever since.
Was it peaceful pre 2010?

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Was it peaceful pre 2010?
There was a time under Abdullahi Yusuf that they (All of Hawiye) were completely cleansed from the city entirely, i can't remember the year exactly maybe @Abdalla knows, but they were brought back due to the good nature of some cumar mahamoud sheikhs of the reer cabdille subclan.

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
Somewhat peaceful but still relatively unstable. The Galkacyo clashes in 2015 and 2016 were the first major wars since the height of the civil war in the early 90s.
Inshallah peace comes to gaalkacyo the residents have been through a lot

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
There was a time under Abdullahi Yusuf that they were completely cleansed from the city entirely, i can't remember the year exactly maybe @abdallah knows, but they were brought back due to the good nature of some cumar mahamoud sheikhs of the reer cabdille subclan.
Fun fact: A guy from my sub sub clan CG was abdullahi yusuf`s foreign minister

Last edited:

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
AY had an CG foreign minister :yacadiim:

Was he assassinated before his term was over ?
Prof ismaciil hurre buuba he was the foregin minister during the ICU wars
ismaciil-Buubaa.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Nah hes alive and well but hes pro SL now he`s part of the waddani party

Skinny s who can barely hold their firearm killing each other whilst selling their valuables (ports) to dhagacas. Braindead xoolos :snoop:

I heard they don't have electricity in baraxley.

Can you confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.