Fierce Fighting Rages On The Border Between Somali region And Oromia

An unprecedented number of armed clashes are currently sweeping in and around the border of Ogaden and the neighboring Oromo regional state.

The fighting is most prevalent in the city of Moyale in Libaan province, the town of Ma’aayso in Shiniile province along with districts in Fafaan province such as Baabili and Tuliguleed.

According to local contacts armed Oromo paramilitary militia’s, in some cases wearing uniforms of the Oromo regional security forces are looting property and displacing Somalis in the city of Moyale, which sits on the border between Ogaden and Oromia.

Reports coming out of the Baabili district in Fafaan province over the past 24 hours also reveal a tense situation as Oromo militia’s and xenophobic Oromo mobs launch a vicious onslaught targeting Somalis. The vile onslaught forced scores of Somalis to flee to the nearby city of Jigjiga for safety as gunshots where heard ringing in Baabili til midnight.

Clashes on the border between Somalis and Oromo’s have occurred in the past, most notably the 2017 TPLF proxy conflict between the Liyuu Police militia and the Oromo regional forces (Liyuu Hail). The latest round of clashes are most disturbing due to the fact that Oromo regional security forces from the OPDO junta, which is the same political party Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed hails from are taking part in the fighting.

The indiscriminate attacks being perpetrated against Somali pastoralists and civilians residing on the border between Ogaden and Oromia is a crime against humanity as well as a violation of international law and the Geneva conventions.

The fighting that has besieged the region over the past few weeks, which has escalated in the recent days has forced thousands of Somalis to flee the area around Baabili and Tuliguleed to seek sanctuary at the Qaloji refugee camp on the outskirts of Jigjiga. These families, mainly women and children remain languishing in despair without any assistance whatsoever, while the homes and property they left behind remain a “no go zone” due to the fighting.

What is more disturbing is that all this is happening under the watchful eye of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and not a single Oromo intellect, activist or elder has condemned this brutal onslaught against Somalis.

We will continue to keep you updated with the latest developments and updates from the region.

Halgan Media.

http://halganmedia.net/fierce-fighting-rages-on-the-border-between-ogaden-and-oromia/

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
Somalis should put aside their differences for once and clean the area from those filthy Galla qoti Gaalo madoow.

Bohol

VIP
It is actually Garre vs Borana. Not Ogaden. Moyale has been the scene of heavy fighting many times it is a disputed area.

It is actually Garre vs Borana. Not Ogaden. Moyale has been the scene of heavy fighting many times it is a disputed area.
Yeah, Garre are Somali. I just used the same title from the article. By Ogaden they mean Somali Galbeed not the clan, you're right.

Garre are a confederation of two clans. Tuff and Quranyow. The Quranyow are a Dir subclan.

In the book Identities on the Move: Clanship and Pastoralism in Northern Kenya, by Gunther Schlee, Voice and power, by Hayward and UNDP Paper on Kenya, they stress that the Kuranyo (Quranyow) section of the Garre are of Dir descent.

Okay what do you want me to discuss then? I’m only talking about the clashes in mooyale

@Bohol @AussieHustler if I talk about anything else tell me please
You're trying to turn this into a qabil bashing thread by lying and claiming our Somali lands belong to Oromos. You can have a retarded qabil cyber battle all night if you want just do it in another thread. This one isn't about that.

You're trying to turn this into a qabil bashing thread by lying and claiming our Somali lands belong to Oromos. You can have a retarded qabil cyber battle all night if you want just do it in another thread. This one isn't about that.

When I did I mention qabil?

I’m talking about Somalis vs oromos

Trending

Latest posts