Fierce fighting in Barawe between federal government troops and South West State Darwish forces

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
This is the so called SNA that people want weapons embargo to be lifted for? Nothing but interahamwe militia in disguise.
The weapons embargo won't be lifted for a long time. It's not as if the world is unaware of what the SNA is. Neighboring countries provide them lip service is all.

bike they see me rollin GIF

This respond is very bad. I hope the embargo stays until there is a strong Gov with institutions.

Agreed. To me, that can only happen once the entire country (all stakeholders involved) agree on how to deal with all armed forces (including clan militias and AS) in the country. From Ras Kamboni to Zeylac. Otherwise, removing the embargo prematurely will only be recipe for disaster.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Apparently 3 abgaal and 1 duduble dead so far. 10+ on their side. And it all started with the elaay killing a sna soldier from mahadaay weyne :kanyehmm:

Maxaa nin Mahadaay ku dhashay keenay Baraawe? Soo maha dhul Digil iyo gibilcad? Xata hadii aye deegaan yihin waa in aye daba fariistaan Digil iyo Barawani.

Imagine fighting KGS in its own capital?

:faysalwtf:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Agreed. To me, that can only happen once the entire country agrees on how to deal with all armed forces (including clan militias and AS) in the country. From Ras Kamboni until Zeylac. Otherwise, removing the embargo will only be recipe for disaster.
Exactly, like now clan militia in SNA showed how much it is easy to declare a threat or use SNA equipment to make action on another clan. Imagine clan x men take 15-40 infantry fight vehicles against y clan men who have tanks.

Maxaa non Mahadaay ku dhashay keenay Baraawe? Soo maha dhul Digil iyo gibilcad? Xata hadii aye deegaan yihin waa in aye daba fariistaan Digil iyo Barawani.

Imagine fighting KGS in its own capital?

:faysalwtf:
The Abgaal SNA there are predominantly Harti Abgaal and apparently they themselves wanted to leave recently. The taliye for that particular unit is 30 jir 30 milyan older brother and during Middle Shabelle offensive they wanted to take part but HSM told them stay put in Barawe. They + HG liberated the town from Shabaab 2014 and have been there since.

Doesn’t matter anyway because the presidental building, military base, airport are all in the hands of Hawiye SNA. We have direct access to Barawe from Xamar but Eelay can’t travel through land from Baydhabo due to Shabaab.

Keep in mind Hawiye are 30% of Lower Shabelle and mirfile (who are the ones fighting) don’t have a single village in the region.

Last edited:
Exactly, like now clan militia in SNA showed how much it is easy to declare a threat or use SNA equipment to make action on another clan. Imagine clan x men take 15-40 infantry fight vehicles against y clan men who have tanks.

I find it worrying how some are willing to disregard all these factors. Part of the state building process includes taking things in the order that leads to unity. Trying to 'force' through without national consensus will only create more distrust and hesitations of armed forces from either disarming or joining force with the national army for whatever reason.

The Abgaal SNA there are predominantly Harti Abgaal and apparently they themselves wanted to leave recently. The taliye for that particular unit is 30 jir 30 milyan older brother and during Middle Shabelle offensive they wanted to take part but HSM told them stay put in Barawe. They + HG liberated the town from Shabaab 2014 and have been there since.

Doesn’t matter anyway because the presidental building, military base, airport are all in the hands of Hawiye SNA. We have direct access to Barawe from Xamar but Eelay can’t travel through land from Baydhabo due to Shabaab.

Keep in mind Hawiye are 30% of Lower Shabelle and mirfile (who are the ones fighting) don’t have a single village in the region.
Any update on the war? Haven’t heard much today on social media.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Laftagareen’s mandate as president of KGS cannot be challenged. It does not matter what the composition of KGS’ troops is, they have the legal authority to secure Baraawe.

If the SNA is a national army, why are the SNA in LS almost entirely Hawiye? Hopefully the sanctions on the SNA will not be lifted anytime soon.

reer

VIP
I find it worrying how some are willing to disregard all these factors. Part of the state building process includes taking things in the order that leads to unity. Trying to 'force' through without national consensus will only create more distrust and hesitations of armed forces from either disarming or joining force with the national army for whatever reason.
mumbo jumbo. somalis respect nothing less than xoog and force. its why theyre submissive when living under arsenal.

mumbo jumbo. somalis respect nothing less than xoog and force. its why theyre submissive when living under arsenal.

The circumstances plays a major role in how Somalis act. They may be 'submissive' under AS, given how brutal and barbaric they are, but they most likely would not act the same under an army/gov't with the same capacity of authority. Especially after being under xoog for a long time and abuses occur.

In either case, if/once they reach the boiling point, Somalis will eventually revolt in some shape. We've seen what happened with the local-led Macawisley against AS. We've also seen what unfolded when MSB's rule was challenged. Both ruling with xoog.

Today we also have formal/informal forces in Somalia that can challenge, or at least be able to put up a heavy battle against SNA. Especially if we disregard the support SNA receive from shisheeye. Which forces the gov't to compromise if they want everyone onboard :manny:

Last edited:
This respond is very bad. I hope the embargo stays until there is a strong Gov with institutions.
But calling the SNA for a clan militia is a good response lol. I actually agree with the embargo, if it was up to me it would stay not only until we got strong institutions but with Somaliland back in the fold. Never again do I wish for a somali gov to bombard its own citizens.

But calling the SNA for a clan militia is a good response lol. I actually agree with the embargo, if it was up to me it would stay not only until we got strong institutions but with Somaliland back in the fold. Never again do I wish for a somali gov to bombard its own citizens.

How is that a good response? If KGS forces are a clan militias, then aren't the SNA a clan militia as well? Both are state/national forces supported by their 'legitimate' gov'ts. And both have one clan majority, despite representing a diverse FMS respective country.

The federal army is not a clan militia when it consists of all clans sxb. The majority of the SNA in Lower Shabele could be Hawiye but also include other clans including Darod @GaradShabeel. It wasn't that long ago people here were freaking out when an MJ soldier died in middle shabelle.

reer

VIP
The circumstances plays a major role in how Somalis act. They may be 'submissive' under AS, given how brutal and barbaric they are, but they most likely would not act the same under an army/gov't with the same capacity of authority. Especially after being under xoog for a long time and abuses occur.

In either case, if/once they reach the boiling point, Somalis will eventually revolt in some shape. We've seen what happened with the local-led Macawisley against AS. We've also seen what unfolded when MSB's rule was challenged. Both ruling with xoog.

Today we also have formal/informal forces in Somalia that can challenge, or at least be able to put up a heavy battle against SNA. Especially if we disregard the support SNA receive from shisheeye. Which forces the gov't to compromise if they want everyone onboard :manny:
rebellions always happen. it is part of politics. somalis currently is stateless despite what people say. and to go from stateless to a state it happens through brute force and alot of bloodshed. example is abdullahi yusuf as the strongman of puntland. look at any country of tribal nomads they had their state built through bloodshed conqurst etc. saudi arabia. oman. etc. thats something you and other somalis dont want to admit because it is the painful truth it hurts to admit.

The federal army is not a clan militia when it consists of all clans sxb. The majority of the SNA in Lower Shabele could be Hawiye but also include other clans including Darod @GaradShabeel. It wasn't that long ago people here were freaking out when an MJ soldier died in middle shabelle.

I'm aware of that.

Also, I didn't meant to imply that SNA is a clan militia. If I reiterate what I said; if a force backed by a federal state of Somalia is a militia, then what is a force backed by the federal gov't of Somalia, since both are 'recognized' forces?

Obviously, SNA is diverse in clan make-up, but both KGS Darawiish and SNA have one clan majority and neither doesn't reflect the state respective country they represent. Yes, some regions/clans have voluntarily chosen to not join force, either fully or party. Nevertheless, can't the the same comparison be made there?

That's what I meant, a food for thought based of what you posted. Not that I personally believe that SNA is a clan militia.

Last edited:
rebellions always happen. it is part of politics. somalis currently is stateless despite what people say. and to go from stateless to a state it happens through brute force and alot of bloodshed. example is abdullahi yusuf as the strongman of puntland. look at any country of tribal nomads they had their state built through bloodshed conqurst etc. saudi arabia. oman. etc. thats something you and other somalis dont want to admit because it is the painful truth it hurts to admit.

You're partially true. Xoog is used to build many countries. I don't disagree with that.

But looking at the state of Somalia today; when some of the FMS have more authority and influence over a larger territory than FGS, and can even challenge the FGS/SNA by themselves, not to mention if they were to join with other FMS. Then begs the question: how will FGS manage to achieve what you're advocating for given the circumstances of Somalia today?

I'm afraid that your example of AY can't be used here, since he ruled when Somalia was in a state of mayheam, way worse than today. I don't think HSM or anyone else can replicate what he did without a severe backfiring.

I'm being realist here, without picking sides.

reer

VIP
You're partially true. Xoog is used to build many countries. I don't disagree with that.

But looking at the state of Somalia today; when some of the FMS have more authority and influence over a larger territory than FGS, and can even challenge the FGS/SNA by themselves not to mention if they were to join with other FMS. Then begs the questions, how will FGS manage to achieve what you're advocating for given the circumstances?

I'm afraid that your example of AY can't be used here, since he ruled when Somalis was during a mayheam. I don't think HSM or anyone else can replicate what he did without a severe backfiring.

I'm being realist here, without picking sides.

think outside the cage. there is no proper fgs. its held together by beesha caalamka. it isnt a real government. nincompoops like senator fartaag and wasiir 30 jir 30 million will never build a government you cant convince me of that lol. waxas aint no government jist incase anyone calls me bias i said the same during farmajo somalia dawlad maaha.
somalis need a strongman like sayidka. i dont see much hope outside that.

Trending

Latest posts