FGM research survey; could you help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
The fake outrage in this thread is hilariously unbecoming. Marie has every right to come to this forum to research FGM and know our opinions regarding it. How can you blame her for coming to a Somali forum when the only thing Somali women in the media discuss is FGM? Every so-called Somali model is on TV exploiting FGM yet you have the cheek to snap at Marie. You complain about other users detailing your topics simply for having differing views yet here you are derailing this research-based thread by pretending to be deeply offended by her simple inquiry.

@ciidhartha No. I should not have to teach her how to be a better student, or better future midwife seeing as I'm not experienced in that field- she could call an FGM organisation for help. There is at least one currently in operation in the UK and that should have been her first port of call. What about her tutors? This is a complex surgical and psychological issue, are monkeysurvey and this forum appropriate for this type of research? What about the people she's asking? Do they not deserve to speak to a qualified person? Have you considered what sort of experiences you're asking them to relive? This is normally done in a hospital with trained staff and the students would have been at the appropriate level of education and experience.

@nucleus what did you say that was' worse' than my *testing testing* labia pulling comment?

Right, they are sensitive questions. But people are smart enough to stay away from triggering subjects. Nobody has to clink on her link if they don't want to.

Bottom line is cadaans are gonna bring this practice up a lot. You cant bury your head in the sand. And at the end of the day, cadaans have every right to discuss it. If Somalis are a part of British society, then this issue becomes a British one as well.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Right, they are sensitive questions. But people are smart enough to stay away from triggering subjects. Nobody has to clink on her link if they don't want to.

Bottom line is cadaans are gonna bring this practice up a lot. You cant bury your head in the sand. And at the end of the day, cadaans have every right to discuss it. If Somalis are a part of British society, then this issue becomes a British one as well.

wtf no one has any right to ask me about my genitals. That's bloody unacceptable.

I have every right to my privacy.

Even my doctor needs my consent. :O27GWRK:

S

Shamis

I never said a British person has no right to ask a scientific question. She is not a medical professional. You want me to make comparisons etc but I think I've said all I can on this topic. She is not a medical professional or even a student midwife.

Sultana

On Hiatus
Maybe Marie can look into the NHS performing FGM surgeries in England.

:mjswag:

But in all seriousness, all of her questions have already been researched.

wtf no one has any right to ask me about my genitals. That's bloody unacceptable.

I have every right to my privacy.

Even my doctor needs my consent. :O27GWRK:

She didn't ask you about your genitals she asked if youd fill out a survey about your genitals if you were so inclined. You're not soooo, dont.

@Sultana obviously it's been researched. She's just an eager student, allow her to be, it's a good quality.

S

Shamis

She is not the friggin NHS - do you know how much planning would go into this if they did?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Like I said earlier, I dont understand the female perspective. I shouldn't have gotten involved.

How would you feel if someone asked you about your penis everyday? Especially at inappropriate moments. You don't have to be a woman to understand how disgusting it is.

How would you feel if someone asked you about your penis everyday? Especially at inappropriate moments. You don't have to be a woman to understand how disgusting it is.
It's apples and oranges. You're comparing fgm to what? my penis? I'm proud of my dick

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
It's apples and oranges. You're comparing fgm to what? my penis? I'm proud of my dick

It's exactly the same bud. Imagine you're have a chat with colleagues at school or at work, and one ask you outta the blue if you're circumcised? Because that's what your people do. You might not have a complex about your body, you might not even be circumcised but the sheer audacity of someone to cross that boundary because of your ethnicity is enraging. You have a right to your own bodily autonomy and every Tom, dick and Harry doesn't need a description of your junk.

It's exactly the same bud. Imagine you're have a chat with colleagues at school or at work, and one ask you outta the blue if you're circumcised? Because that's what your people do. You might not have a complex about your body, you might not even be circumcised but the sheer audacity of someone to cross that boundary because of your ethnicity is enraging. You have a right to your own bodily autonomy and every Tom, dick and Harry doesn't need a description of your junk.

I don't see how that scenario applies to this thread, but okay.

I completed the survey on behalf of my future wife nucleas who lost the happy trigger when she was 7 years old on a holiday to Bosaso.

Marie

Be sensitive, it's a traumatic experience for those who were circumcised and they don't like white people especially white women making fun of them.

It's the principal, whites are crossing boundaries with somali women everyday. They need to learn respect.

You never answered it either.
Answered what? This was an anonymous survey I don't see how any boundaries were crossed. Is it because the very topic itself offends you point blank?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Answered what? This was an anonymous survey I don't see how any boundaries were crossed. Is it because the very topic itself offends you point blank?

Answered what you would do in the scenario?

Yes even the fact that this c*nt is doing it in an anon survey annoys me. See all of shamis' replies.

My family has always been against it, however, a lot of this fgm activism is cruel and degrading.

I completed the survey on behalf of my future wife nucleas who lost the happy trigger when she was 7 years old on a holiday to Bosaso.

Marie

Be sensitive, it's a traumatic experience for those who were circumcised and they don't like white people especially white women making fun of them.

Bud,

I've never been to Africa in my life. Why are you so bitter to MJ????

Status
Not open for further replies.