FGM Outlawed in Sudan

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Mostly in baadiye, in big cities like Xamar or Hargeisa, it is uncommon. And it is forbidden in the constitution, though it's only enforced if the woman dies.
I’d rather them do it in the bigger cities than in baadiye. The government has no reach over there. Who knows how many girls had to go through FGM with a dull knife by some random odey. It actually shocked me when I first found out about it, crazy.

It was illegal years ago, this is just a PR stunt. Educated families stopped in the 70s and most city people stopped in the 80s.

Sudanese men will still get blamed by these Western feminists. We all know it was these crazy habobas back in the day forcing their granddaughters to get FGM done.

And the people who performed FGM on Sudanese girls were all women too.

Last edited:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Sudanese men will still get blamed by these Western feminists. We all know it was these crazy habobas back in the day forcing their granddaughters to get FGM done.

It's a female tradition, like how in china the females forced their daughters to bind their feet and make them small as a sign of beauty.

:susp:

This is true. My grandfather is the reason it was never done on my mom.

anti-FGM ads even depicted this as it was often fathers that were against it.

It was illegal years ago, this is just a PR stunt. Educated families stopped in the 70s and most city people stopped in the 80s.
So you're saying this is a lie? I heard FGM is still being done to this day.

1588398184351.png

So you're saying this is a lie? I heard FGM is still being done to this day.

View attachment 113281
I never said that FGM stopped, I said that most city people (35% of the country) have stopped. Along with university educated families which is no more than 10% of the population.

Honestly that figure is most likely inflated. They also claim that it was done to 98% of girls in Somalia and 87% of girls in Egypt which I doubt.

Trending

Latest posts