FGM is permitted in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it not mutilation by removing or cutting genitalia? You guys are really backtracking on semantics. That's when you know you're on a losing argument.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

Now as i understand it, the whole basis of FGM apologist is that FGM is not the same as female circumcision when it's by definition the same thing.

Next is that it is not as worse as it is depicted which is factual wrong.

If people here think female circumcision is not bad, why is there a push for it to be banned?

Also, slavery is okay in Islam just to throw it or there as well.

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds;

I wonder why kufr apologists try hard to link any thing they don't like to Islam. Kufr is disgusting and so, its beliefs and "campaigns".

Medically speaking;

Complications are immediate and late, physical and psychosexual, minor and serious, even fatal. The causes are the type of operation and the operator.
Types.png

An extensive operation common to Sudan consists of removal of the whole clitoris, the whole of the labia minora, and part of the labia majora. Complications common with pharaonic or Sudanese circumcision (My note: Not type Ia) include painful scarkeloid formation, labial adhesions, cysts of the clitoris, vulval disfigurement, vaginal calculi, tight circumcision, infertility, and urinary complications. Psychosexual complications include a feeling of reduced feminity; diminished desire for coitus; diminished coital frequency; dyspareunia, apareunia or vaginismus; lack of orgasm; anal intercourse; depression and psychotic states; and, social problems. With infibulation come obstetric complications. Vaginal examination during labor may be difficult; catheterization of bladder is difficult; second stage of labor is delayed; tearing or splitting of the circumcison scar is unavoidable; injury of the vagina, cervix, and fetal scalp; and, soft-tissue obstruction by the vulval skin diaphragm contributes to the production of a vesicovaginal fistula.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12336839

Any medical gynecologist can tell you the problem lies only in types other than Type Ia. However, due to lack of skillful personnels, sometimes the practice is done with excess, causing great harm to the girls who undergo the procedure.That's why there is a tendency to prohibit this habit.

Islamically speaking;

This practice was accepted by some of the classical schools of law and is practiced today by some Muslims.

The basis in Islamic law is that it is not permissible to cause bodily harm and any such practice of female circumcision proven to be harmful would be unlawful.

Ubaida ibn As-Samit reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لاَ ضَرَرَ وَلاَ ضِرَارَ

Do not cause harm or return harm.

Source: Sunan ibn Majah 2340, Grade: Hasan

There are a few weak traditions used to sanction the practice, but upon scrutiny we find that none of them are authentic.

Usama ibn Umair reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

الْخِتَانُ سُنَّةٌ لِلرِّجَالِ مَكْرُمَةٌ لِلنِّسَاءِ

Circumcision is a sunnah for men and honorable for women.

Source: Musnad Ahmad 20195, Grade: Da’eef (weak)

Umm Atiyyah reported: A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina and the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لَا تُنْهِكِي فَإِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَحْظَى لِلْمَرْأَةِ وَأَحَبُّ إِلَى الْبَعْلِ

Do not cut severely, as it is better for the woman and more desirable for the husband.

Source: Sunan Abu Dawud 5271, Grade: Da’eef (weak)

http://abuaminaelias.com/does-islam-support-female-genital-mutilation-fgm/
http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showpost.php?p=68900&postcount=3

Famous scholars of Islam based their fiqh on quran and "authentic" hadith. That's obvious to any children.

Imam Abu Hanifah:
If a hadith is found to be authentic, then it is my madhab.”
When I say something contradicting the Book of Allah the Exalted or what is narrated from the Messenger
saw.png
, then ignore my saying
.’’

Imam Malik:Everyone after the Prophet will have their statements accepted or rejected except the Prophet.”

Imam Shafi:Every hadith of the Prophet is my position even if you did not hear it from me.”

Imam Ahmad:If one rejects a hadith of the Messenger of Allah, they will be at the brink of destruction.”

Unfortunately in recent times many statements by these great scholars of Islamic law have been taken out of context and sometimes used to substantiate an adopted ideologies by certain individuals and groups. However, if a scholar thinks of an evidence as true, and later the evidence was proved to be Daiif, then that's no longer his position as they explicitly stressed.

http://muslimmatters.org/2012/12/04/maqasid-al-shariah/

Last edited:
The basis in Islamic law is that it is not permissible to cause bodily harm and any such practice of female circumcision proven to be harmful would be unlawful.

This is a bold face lie.

. Any medical gynecologist can tell you the problem lies only in types other than Type Ia. However, due to lack of skillful personnels, sometimes the practice is done with excess, causing great harm to the girls who undergo the procedure.That's why there is a tendency to prohibit this habit.

Yet it was perfectly okay previous decades ago when medical practice wasn't as advance as today. "Oh, it is stopped not because of the barbaric and grotesque circumstance forcibly doing FGM on children not because of health reason." It is stopped the same reason why slavery is stopped.

I thought Islam is infallible. Why is it constantly being on the losing side of morality?

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
This is a bold face lie.

Yet it was perfectly okay previous decades ago when medical practice wasn't as advance as today. "Oh, it is stopped not because of the barbaric and grotesque circumstance forcibly doing FGM on children not because of health reason." It is stopped the same reason why slavery is stopped.

I thought Islam is infallible. Why is it constantly being on the losing side of morality?

Lol be satisfied saaxib they've atleast conceded FGM is a noble act (sunnah)

And circumcision (of both sexes) up until the 20th century was a procedure which in many cases resulted in infection of the blood leading to septic shock and death. So odd given for most of human history this potentially fatal and unnecessary act was given the green light by an all-knowing all-wise creator. Yaab.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Lets leave this barbaric act in the past. If theres one thing i hate about somali culture its this

How is it not mutilation by removing or cutting genitalia? You guys are really backtracking on semantics. That's when you know you're on a losing argument.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

Now as i understand it, the whole basis of FGM apologist is that FGM is not the same as female circumcision when it's by definition the same thing.

Next is that it is not as worse as it is depicted which is factual wrong.

If people here think female circumcision is not bad, why is there a push for it to be banned?

Also, slavery is okay in Islam just to throw it or there as well.
You've just embarrassed yourself there, getting desperate I see. It's not mutilation since the clitoris isn't being removed. It's foreskin is being removed, like for men. Where's the mutilation in that? What you're referring to is what Somalis do(removing the clitoris completely and sometimes sewing). That's mutilation not circumcision. If you can't hold an argument and result to lies, then nobody should respond to you.

You've just embarrassed yourself there, getting desperate I see. It's not mutilation since the clitoris isn't being removed. It's foreskin is being removed, like for men. Where's the mutilation in that? What you're referring to is what Somalis do(removing the clitoris completely and sometimes sewing). That's mutilation not circumcision. If you can't hold an argument and result to lies, then nobody should respond to you.

"That's not being removed, it's this..."

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds? You're moving the goalpost. First, FGM isn't female circumcision and now "oh, it's not genitalia being removed, it's the foreskin."

What a farce.

Male foreskin is the equivalent of clitoral hood. People don't call it female foreskin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood

"That's not being removed, it's this..."

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds? You're moving the goalpost. First, FGM isn't female circumcision and now "oh, it's not genitalia being removed, it's the foreskin."

What a farce.

Male foreskin is the equivalent of clitoral hood. People don't call it female foreskin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoral_hood
???:what1:. Seems that you've confused yourself. How exactly is removing the foreskin of the clitoris equivalent to mutilation? You can't throw around terms you don't understand. Just admit it, you didn't even know that mutilation and circumcision weren't the same thing. Explain to me how it's mutilation. Explain how it's even comparable to having the clitoris removed and the vagina sewed up. It isn't, simple. One is mutilation, the other is circumcision. I swear you Somali europhiles will jump on to anything propped up by non Muslims. Is male circumcision mutilation too?:mjlol:

If you don't have any idea what you're talking about why argue? The fgm your talking about originated in ancient Egypt and causes a lot of health complications and pain. It's likely a lot of girls have been circumcised when they were younger and maybe don't even remember it. It's done for the same reason as male circumcision (cleanliness) and it doesn't affect sex, childbirth or anything else.

Lmao, losing side always argue over semantics when they clearing on the losing argument.

mu·ti·lat·ing.
  1. to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts:Vandals mutilated the painting.

Lmao, losing side always argue over semantics when they clearing on the losing argument.

mu·ti·lat·ing.
  1. to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparably damaging parts:Vandals mutilated the painting.
Who's arguing semantics? I'm talking about different things entirely, not linguistic differences. The circumcision is different to what us Somalis do. Get back to the Ukrainians who you talk about with refugee problems, I know your type. Want to be taken seriously? Learn the difference between Somali culture and Arab culture.

mu·ti·lat·ing.
you're the one arguing semantics here. No one cares about however they both may be classified this really depends on the cultural perspective. It's like saying getting a cut on your arm and having it amputated are the same thing because they both involve cutting the arm.

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!
FGM is not something that is required to be done to girls. Mohammed did not do it his daughters and it is said that Mohammed is the example to follow so why are people doing this to kids? The practice was adopted and people actually saw this as a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts