FGM is permitted in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not permitted, it's seen as "good and mustahabb for women", which means that it's the women's choice if she wants to do it or not. It's not obligatory for women.

It's sunnah, it's not obligatory for women to have it.
For shafici, the sect majority of Somalis follow, it's obligatory.

1 – That it is obligatory for both males and females. This is the view of the Shaafa’is and Hanbalis, and is the view favoured by al-Qaadi Abu Bakr ibn al-‘Arabi among the Maalikis (may Allaah have mercy on them all).

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (1/367): Circumcision is obligatory for both men and women in our view. This is the view of many of the salaf, as was narrated by al-Khattaabi. Among those who regarded it as obligatory is Ahmad… it is the correct view that is well known and was stated by al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him), and the majority stated definitively that it is obligatory for both men and women. end quote.

Genie

The last suugo bender
There is genital mutilation and then there is the sunnah one which is basically some sort of blood letting, sunnah is sunnah its not an obligation (for women anyway) for men however i can't say the same .... :kanyeshrug:

1 – That it is obligatory for both males and females. This is the view of the Shaafa’is and Hanbalis, and is the view favoured by al-Qaadi Abu Bakr ibn al-‘Arabi among the Maalikis (may Allaah have mercy on them all).

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (1/367): Circumcision is obligatory for both men and women in our view. This is the view of many of the salaf, as was narrated by al-Khattaabi. Among those who regarded it as obligatory is Ahmad… it is the correct view that is well known and was stated by al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him), and the majority stated definitively that it is obligatory for both men and women. end quote.
That circumcision is Sunnah for both males and females. This is the view of the Hanafis and Maalikis, and was narrated in one report from Ahmad. Ibn ‘Aabideen al-Hanafi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Haashiyah (6/751): In Kitaab al-Tahaarah of al-Siraaj al-Wahhaaj it says: Know that circumcision is Sunnah in our view – i.e., according to the Hanafis – for men and for women. end quote.

See: Mawaahib al-Jaleel, 3/259

3 – That circumcision is obligatory for men and is good and mustahabb for women. This is the third view of Imam Ahmad, and it is the view of some Maalikis such as Sahnoon. This view was also favoured by al-Muwaffaq ibn Qudaamah in al-Mughni.
You take the best from each madhaab madhaabs shouldn't be strictly followed it's not the Quran

"Circumcision is one of the Sunnahs of the fitrah, and it is for both males and females, except that is it obligatory for males and Sunnah and good in the case of women"

It's not obligatory for women.

Last edited:

Genie

The last suugo bender
I think the "sunnah" one has been interlinked with FGM the M meaning mutilation who can u mutilate something without mutilating it ???? lol.

If your goal is to try to cast doubts onto our religion and eventually to become atheists like you lot, then I'm sorry to say you are wasting your time.
Not everyone buckles under pressure from societal norms and leaves the religion under the heading of a "free thinker" :camby:

That circumcision is Sunnah for both males and females. This is the view of the Hanafis and Maalikis, and was narrated in one report from Ahmad. Ibn ‘Aabideen al-Hanafi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Haashiyah (6/751): In Kitaab al-Tahaarah of al-Siraaj al-Wahhaaj it says: Know that circumcision is Sunnah in our view – i.e., according to the Hanafis – for men and for women. end quote.

See: Mawaahib al-Jaleel, 3/259

3 – That circumcision is obligatory for men and is good and mustahabb for women. This is the third view of Imam Ahmad, and it is the view of some Maalikis such as Sahnoon. This view was also favoured by al-Muwaffaq ibn Qudaamah in al-Mughni.
You take the best from each madhaab madhaabs shouldn't be strictly followed it's not the Quran
What is the view for shafici, a see where majority Somalis belong to?

c6.png

What's your point we shouldn't follow strictly one madhaab we should that the best from each one of them
At worse, Islam says FGM is obligatory. At best, it's sunnah.

So that means Islam promotes FGM, and that it's good for society.

Yet a lot of Muslims in these forums do not condone the practice. They're against Islam teachings and want to ban this sunnah practice, like slavery

Status
Not open for further replies.