"Feminism" & Muslim Men.

I have seen the word "feminism" and "feminist" thrown around as if it is an insult. Some of you don't understand the term or its historical relevance and it shows.

Islam gave women rights, but Christian Nations did not. This is why Western women had to fight for the right to vote. It is 2022 and they are still fighting for equal pay.

It makes me cringe when Muslim men join in with "Feminist" insults or allow Cadaan Fundamentalist women haters to refer to Islam as an archaic woman hating religion.

Of course, Islam is perfect but there are Muslim Societies that try to circumvent Islamic law to suit their own woman hating cultures.This is not to be mistaken with Islam itself.

Islam gave women the right to vote.
Islam gave women the right to keep their inherited properties
Islam elevated the status of mothers
Etc. Etc.

So, please, before you use the word "feminist" as an insult. Try to have sympathy for disenfranchised non-Muslim women and for Muslim women whose Islamic rights are stolen from them. Stop trying to embarrass the image of Islam because you are not aware of your own religious doctrine.

Feminism amongst some Muslim men is any woman that disagrees with them or doesn’t seek male approval and validation. Usually, it is an emotional outburst that they weaponize when they can’t take that someone has a different opinion to their detestation of the opposite gender.

I was called feminists multiple times on this site for even Islamic fiqh positions. I’ve been called feminist for saying that Zina and promiscuity is haram for men and women and as a man you can’t judge if you’re a Zani as well. Why? Because they have 0 principles and stand for nothing but their own emotions.

Many on here are too low-IQ to articulate why they have an issue with a point, and some deep down know they can’t debate an issue without looking like an illogical and raging misogynist or worse a deviant that has issues with the deen and or basic human decency, hence their go to line is ‘feminist’.

I hope some of the brothers are able to put their emotions to the side and think logically for once. Having outbursts like that, especially as a man is ceeb. The ability to not succumb to irrationality is important.

Feminism is a western institution used to colonise the world its a branch of classical liberalism. The first feminists were not women but men who used it as an excuse to justify why they needed to civilise a random region in Africa(ironically whilst not giving any of said rights to there women back home). Feminism is part of the "freedom" America goes around giving to everyone today. The Islamic rights women have and the western institution of Feminism have as much to do with each other as me saying liberalism is good because in Islam we have certain freedoms and liberalism is an institution that we share some values with so it's all cool and we shouldn't call it out or throw it around like an insult.

To me it seems like your the one who doesn't really understand its historical relevance and it show but then again neither do most of the type of people you complained about do either.

It also makes me cringe when Muslims allow Cadaan Fundamentalist women haters to refer to Islam as an archaic woman hating religion.

"So, please, before you use the word "feminist" as an insult. Try to have sympathy for disenfranchised non-Muslim women."

that's a cringe take. We in general need to drop this whole fake sympathy/empathy nonsense its detrimental. Non Muslims and what they get up to is none of our concern. Especially when these same women want you to lose all your Islamic value and be Godless like them. The only thing we should be wishing for is for them to become Muslims that's it. I hate these type of takes the most because its so naive.

Feminism is a western institution used to colonise the world its a branch of classical liberalism. The first feminists were not women but men who used it as an excuse to justify why they needed to civilise a random region in Africa(ironically whilst not giving any of said rights to there women back home). Feminism is part of the "freedom" America goes around giving to everyone today. The Islamic rights women have and the western institution of Feminism have as much to do with each other as me saying liberalism is good because in Islam we have certain freedoms and liberalism is an institution that we share some values with so it's all cool and we shouldn't call it out or throw it around like an insult.
Sorry, not true. Colonization started in the late 1800s and feminism was only kicking off in the West through the Sufferagettes. In the late 1880s when women started to demand the right to go university, inherit property ect, the government who were also at the time colonizing Africa thought such ideas the women had as scandalous. They even used to claim that too much education will start to have an effect on a woman’s womb and thus make her infertile (Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous).

Sorry to correct but I’m a stickler for history and most of what you wrote in that paragraph is false. In fact, colonizers would usually berate Muslims for having loose morals as divorce is allowed in Islam. Victorians found it abhorrent that those in the East could divorce and marry again. Also, Victorian women didn’t have the legal rights to their own wealth separate to that of their husbands nor inherit property, hence the first colonizers were not feminist in any shape or form. Many historians argue that many African women actually lost rights with the arrival of the Westerners.

To me it seems like your the one who doesn't really understand its historical relevance and it show but then again neither do most of the type of people you complained about do either.

Funny you say that when 90% of what you wrote was indeed false. No offense though.
No offense walal, but it’s clear to see that what you wrote is what you’ve seen from social media. You’re getting time periods and contexts mixed up. There is no denying that in todays modern world, the West definitely uses women’s rights to sanction and even try and justify invading Muslim nations like Afghanistan and they’re using it now to try and sanction Iran due to the whole fiasco that is happening there now. But that certainly was not the case during colonisation as Feminism wasn’t even a proper ideology then and definitely wasn’t supported by Europeans especially in its infancy.

It also makes me cringe when Muslims allow Cadaan Fundamentalist women haters to refer to Islam as an archaic woman hating religion.

"So, please, before you use the word "feminist" as an insult. Try to have sympathy for disenfranchised non-Muslim women."

that's a cringe take. We in general need to drop this whole fake sympathy/empathy nonsense its detrimental. Non Muslims and what they get up to is none of our concern. Especially when these same women want you to lose all your Islamic value and be Godless like them. The only thing we should be wishing for is for them to become Muslims that's it. I hate these type of takes the most because its so naive.

Last edited:
I have seen the word "feminism" and "feminist" thrown around as if it is an insult. Some of you don't understand the term or its historical relevance and it shows.

Islam gave women rights, but Christian Nations did not. This is why Western women had to fight for the right to vote. It is 2022 and they are still fighting for equal pay.

It makes me cringe when Muslim men join in with "Feminist" insults or allow Cadaan Fundamentalist women haters to refer to Islam as an archaic woman hating religion.

Of course, Islam is perfect but there are Muslim Societies that try to circumvent Islamic law to suit their own woman hating cultures.This is not to be mistaken with Islam itself.

Islam gave women the right to vote.
Islam gave women the right to keep their inherited properties
Islam elevated the status of mothers
Etc. Etc.

So, please, before you use the word "feminist" as an insult. Try to have sympathy for disenfranchised non-Muslim women and for Muslim women whose Islamic rights are stolen from them. Stop trying to embarrass the image of Islam because you are not aware of your own religious doctrine.
Wow I was actually thinking the same thing the other day. In western society for a very long time, women weren’t even given equal rights and were treated lower than animals because the white man does say a dog is a man’s best friend. Women were denied opportunities and if they had the same job as men were given less pay. This is the reason why feminism was introduced. Unfortunately it’s seen as an insult to refer to yourself as a feminist and this comes especially from Muslim men. Also, despite Islam giving women rights and freedom, many Muslim countries and households don’t practise shariah law in that way. Just look at Iran and that girl who was murdered just for not wearing the hijab properly. Men look down upon divorces and would marry a young 20 yr old despite the rasul encouraging men to marry widows and divorcees.

There’s nothing naive about what the op said. You have an issue with feminism because what they speak for doesn’t directly affect you. Just imagine being paid less for the same job as someone due to your sex.

Thank you for confirming my post. Which is that men like you do not understand what Feminism is or why and when it was started.

Before speaking/writing, it is best to have at least a rudimentary understanding of the topic at hand.

Indo Adayg!!

Sorry, not true. Colonization started in the late 1800s and feminism was only kicking off in the West through the Sufferagettes. In the late 1880s when women started to demand the right to go university, inherit property ect, the government who were also at the time colonizing Africa thought such ideas the women had as scandalous. They even used to claim that too much education will start to have an effect on a woman’s womb and thus make her infertile (Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous).

Sorry to correct but I’m a stickler for history and most of what you wrote in that paragraph is false. In fact, colonizers would usually berate Muslims for having loose morals as divorce is allowed in Islam. Victorians found it abhorrent that those in the East could divorce and marry again. Also, Victorian women didn’t have the legal rights to their own wealth separate to that of their husbands nor inherit property, hence the first colonizers were not feminist in any shape or form. Many historians argue that many African women actually lost rights with the arrival of the Westerners.

Funny you say that when 90% of what you wrote was indeed false. No offense though.
No offense walal, but it’s clear to see that what you wrote is what you’ve seen from social media. You’re getting time periods and contexts mixed up. There is no denying that in todays modern world, the West definitely uses women’s rights to sanction and even try and justify invading Muslim nations like Afghanistan and they’re using it now to try and sanction Iran due to the whole fiasco that is happening there now. But that certainly was not the case during colonisation and early feminist movements.

He provided the perfect example for us, which is that they do not even bother to find the meaning of the concept they claim to have a problem with.

You'd think it costs money or hurts physically to do a quick google search. Yaab!!

Wow I was actually thinking the same thing the other day. In western society for a very long time, women weren’t even given equal rights and were treated lower than animals because the white man does say a dog is a man’s best friend. Women were denied opportunities and if they had the same job as men were given less pay. This is the reason why feminism was introduced. Unfortunately it’s seen as an insult to refer to yourself as a feminist and this comes especially from Muslim men. Also, despite Islam giving women rights and freedom, many Muslim countries and households don’t practise shariah law in that way. Just look at Iran and that girl who was murdered just for not wearing the hijab properly. Men look down upon divorces and would marry a young 20 yr old despite the rasul encouraging men to marry widows and divorcees.

A lot of "Muslim" Societies are no better than their pagan forebears. This is why a lot of non-Muslims think Islam is sexist and barbaric.

The audacity of having men assigned as "morality police" and police women's clothing! Since when are Muslim men allowed to look at women?

Feminism a trojan horse for unislamic ideologies & world views.

The same reason people use to justify feminism is the same reason red pill & other new men's right ideologies are being justified.

If you don't have a problem with muslims calling themselves feminists than you shouldn't have a problem with those men spreading red pill nonsense when its Islamically allowed .

No offense walal, but it’s clear to see that what you wrote is what you’ve seen from social media. You’re getting time periods and contexts mixed up. There is no denying that in todays modern world, the West definitely uses women’s rights to sanction and even try and justify invading Muslim nations like Afghanistan and they’re using it now to try and sanction Iran due to the whole fiasco that is happening there now. But that certainly was not the case during colonisation as Feminism wasn’t even a proper ideology then and definitely wasn’t supported by Europeans especially in its infancy.
Western influence started back in the late 1700s when France invaded Egypt in 1798 and then they were defeated by the British and Ottoman empires, I guess the western influence started around the beginning of the industrial revolution

Feminism a trojan horse for unislamic ideologies & world views.

The same reason people use to justify feminism is the same reason red pill & other new men's right ideologies are being justified.

If you don't have a problem with muslims calling themselves feminists than you shouldn't have a problem with those men spreading red pill nonsense when its Islamically allowed .
I see where you are coming from, many aspects of feminism does indeed go against Islam. Islam is indeed patriarchal in a sense in which the man is the head of the household and wives have to obey in terms of what is halal, just and doesn’t infringe upon their rights or harm them.

However, I’ve never understood the comparison of traditional feminism vs redpill. Men have never lived in a world in which they were/are at a disadvantage the way women were historically and many women are in the global East. Working, inheriting, right to marry, right to not be forced ect are things men take for granted ect. So where is the comparison walal? Men are not as vulnerable as women are (in general) and never have been ( I’m talking in average). Also, redpill seems to be about going back to a society in which women are devoid of rights. It’s about taking from women rather than improving male quality of life.

Last edited:
I am a feminist since I am a female, I don’t care if it used today as an insult or it is the new F word or which number of the wave it is….

I'm not mixing anything up here I'm saying that feminism which is a branch of liberalism is what lead to the civilising project of colonisation. America still uses that same method whilst leaning on the feminism aspect to get there point of civiling across when they attack a country.

Feminism is literally a product of classical liberalism. Which made the west adopt secularism making your point of them looking down on various things more so a point of difference in culture as opposed to religious convictions.

If feminism was naturally its own thing and not a by product then why didn't the suffragette movement not occur outside the west? Let's take muslim countries out of it most other non Muslim countries basically treated there women the same if not worse in other regions at the time when compared to the west yet there was no feminist movement sprouting from other regions in the world in fact it was forcefully exported to the rest of the world alongside all the other branches of classical liberalism like secularism which is basically the institution of the world outside at the moment.

And in general most of the values of feminism just don't conform with our Islamic values. A lot of it is in fact anti Islam.

Now we have multiple waves of feminism which was all foretold by the core principles set down by classical liberalism.

I'm not mixing anything up here I'm saying that feminism which is a branch of liberalism is what lead to the civilising project of colonisation. America still uses that same method whilst leaning on the feminism aspect to get there point of civiling across when they attack a country.
False. Feminism as we know it as an ideology did not exist during the beginning of colonization. How is that hard for you to understand? Reading a simple book would tell you this and looking at dates. How could early Europeans Colonizers have used women’s rights when their own women had less rights than many of the countries they colonized? You’re looking at history from a modern lense. That is what I mean. You have no idea of the political or social climate of Victorian England. Liberalism wasn’t even a dominant view in that era as not only were women lacking rights but also poorer men didn’t have the rights as the upper classes.
Feminism is literally a product of classical liberalism. Which made the west adopt secularism making your point of them looking down on various things more so a point of difference in culture as opposed to religious convictions.
The West was not secular when they were colonizing Africa. The Victorians were deeply Christian. Again, if you read a book you’d know this. That is why many West African countries are Christians.
If feminism was naturally its own thing and not a by product then why didn't the suffragette movement not occur outside the west?
because Feminism was inspired by the protests of equality of the working class who fought for trade unionism. The upper class women started to get the idea that of poor men can get rights, then why can’t they?
Let's take muslim countries out of it most other non Muslim countries basically treated there women the same if not worse in other regions at the time when compared to the west yet there was no feminist movement sprouting from other regions in the world in fact it was forcefully exported to the rest of the world alongside all the other branches of classical liberalism like secularism which is basically the institution of the world outside at the moment.
Again, the west was going through a phase of equality between man. The classes were not equal and once ideologies of Marxism and other class wars started to gain a foothold, that is when women started to think about their rights. In fact poor men only all got the right to vote after Britain started colonizing Africa. So again, what are you talking about?
And in general most of the values of feminism just don't conform with our Islamic values. A lot of it is in fact anti Islam.

Now we have multiple waves of feminism which was all foretold by the core principles set down by classical liberalism.
Foretold by what exactly? Do you know anything about the suffragettes and how they were hated by upper class men who were in fact the leaders and rulers?

These were the posters that were shared in Newspapers and stuck on shop windows. Feminism wasn’t embraced in the beginning, nor was feminism a thing for colonialists.

360DC18D-8C71-4151-88AE-7B1698B59AAB.jpeg

E251B6EF-9435-4827-BFF5-4B4ED107506F.jpeg

Last edited:

GuanYu

Custom title
Feminism amongst some Muslim men is any woman that disagrees with them or doesn’t seek male approval and validation. Usually, it is an emotional outburst that they weaponize when they can’t take that someone has a different opinion to their detestation of the opposite gender.

I was called feminists multiple times on this site for even Islamic fiqh positions. I’ve been called feminist for saying that Zina and promiscuity is haram for men and women and as a man you can’t judge if you’re a Zani as well. Why? Because they have 0 principles and stand for nothing but their own emotions.

Many on here are too low-IQ to articulate why they have an issue with a point, and some deep down know they can’t debate an issue without looking like an illogical and raging misogynist or worse a deviant that has issues with the deen and or basic human decency, hence their go to line is ‘feminist’.

I hope some of the brothers are able to put their emotions to the side and think logically for once. Having outbursts like that, especially as a man is ceeb. The ability to not succumb to irrationality is important.
I personally feel attacked here :pachah1:

@Javelin

You’ve proved my point. You’re getting time periods mixed up and even added America to the mix despite Americans never colonizing Africa.

during the early days of colonization:

-The Victorians were staunch Christians. That is how West Africa converted to Christianity, through colonization and Victorian missionaries.
-Class and deference was the order of the day. Poor men, let alone women were not allowed to vote.
- Poor men started to fight for working man’s right and concepts such as trade unionism started to thrive.
-Suffregettes, early feminists saw poor men fighting for the right to vote and started to fight for the right to vote, get educated and inherit.

@Javelin

You’ve proved my point. You’re getting time periods mixed up and even added America to the mix despite Americans never colonizing Africa.

during the early days of colonization:

-The Victorians were staunch Christians. That is how West Africa converted to Christianity, through colonization and Victorian missionaries.
-Class and deference was the order of the day. Poor men, let alone women were not allowed to vote.
- Poor men started to fight for working man’s right and concepts such as trade unionism started to thrive.
-Suffregettes, early feminists saw poor men fighting for the right to vote and started to fight for the right to vote, get educated and inherit.
Let me clarify again I'm not mixing history up here I'm just talking about the build up to what is now the feminist movement in short my point is that classical liberalism is the father of all these perversed institutions like colonisation/secularism/feminism without it none of these ideologies would have materialised and were did I say America colonised anything? I can't even have a convo with you because you keep reading into things that are not there or just jump over the point I'm trying to make without addressing it all together only to go on and nitpick a random point out of context.

And the victorians aren't staunch Christians there whole branch of Christianity came about because king henry the 8th wanted to divorce his wife and he didn't want the pope to have anything to say about it. protestantism is literally a remixed edition of Christianity.

As for your Christian African countries point The best way to gain control over an area is to spread your ideology and belief and you don't have to be a firm beliver yourself to do that which is what they did when they spread Christianity. Which is also what America is doing right now with there freedom despite american women complaining about there own rights in America.

Your point about men asking for right and then women leads back to my point since classical liberalism lead to secularism which lead to colonisation which lead to the industrial revolution since most of there goods to heavily industrialise was sourced from there empires which lead to the break up of the family and introducing women to the workforce just so the income of the country could be doubled which then lead to the women complaining for there rights like the men before them. The rest of the world didn't go threw this process which is why most of these things are basically non existant outside of the west and the ones that have it have it as a result of the west forcing them to adapt to it.

Trending