Favorite child

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
What causes a parent to like one child more than the other?

My cousin, she's 6 and her sister is 4 and a half . The eldest gets spoilt, her mum buys her everything she wants, if she doesn't get what she wants she will cry and cause a tantrum. Her mum will say sorry and give her a hug and a kiss. Then there's the other sister who gets yelled at and neglected. Mother dosen't buy her new clothes or toys. Gets a smack if she dosen't eat her food or obeys her mother.

Cries when she falls or hurts herself mother doesn't care. Saw her mother grab her by the hoodie once and lift her up,this could have potentially caused her daughter to choke on the food she was eating. She has never smacked the eldest.

I was seeing once if the mother would care about her daughter. Both girls stayed with us for a week as their mother went to another state to see her brother who was sick. She calls and asks for the eldest daughter and they blow eachother kisses and chat for 30 minutes. I swear to God she didn't even ask me to give the phone to her youngest , untill I asked, do you want to speak to so and so, I could tell she didn't want to, and it was forced, she asked her dumb questions "How are you? Have you been good?".

Also when she came back, she asked me to bring the eldest to the airport with me, and not the other daughter. It's like she never gave birth to her.

This might sound like I'm being petty , but I'm not . This is emotional and physical abuse and I wish oneday h daughter becomes so wealthy she leaves her evil mother.

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
i know what youre talking about. my brother was a scapegoat and i was the golden child. i guess parants project their own good and bad qualities into their kid to identify them. it creates blind spots and biases for the parants. resentment and hate on the scapegoat and performance anxiety on the golden child. its unconscious but you can always sense it.

VixR

Veritas
That’s not normal favoritism. This is something else going on. She associates that child with something negative. Do they have different fathers, was she raped, is she a mistake/infidelity she regrets. It’ll definitely f*ck them up, whatever it is, but something’s going on. Favoritism isn’t this direct.

Last edited:

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
That’s not normal favoritism. This is something else going on. She associates that child with something negative. Do they have different fathers, was she raped, is she a mistake/infidelity she regrets. It’ll definitely f*ck them up, whatever it is, but something’s going on. Favoritism isn’t this direct.

No they are from the same parents.
She has something against her, I was thinking maybe it's a jinn causing hatred towards that child? I'm trying to understand myself where all this animosity comes from , but can't think of anything.

Her daughter was sick recently and she didn't take her to the doctor's, so I did and the doctors found that her urine sample had blood in it, and to do a another urine test to see if it is anything serious and she ignored it. I'm like b*** are you ignoring your childs heath. I will not step in anymore and do things for her , because she dosen't care at all.

I leave it to Allah, if her daughter gets unwell because of negligence.

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
She has something against her, I was thinking maybe it's a jinn causing hatred towards that child? I'm trying to understand myself where all this animosity comes from , but can't think of anything.

Her daughter was sick recently and she didn't take her to the doctor's, so I did and the doctors found that her urine sample had blood in it, and to do a another urine test to see if it is anything serious and she ignored it. I'm like b*** are you ignoring your childs heath. I will not step in anymore and do things for her , because she dosen't care at all.

This is pure abuse. It makes me sad. Poor kid.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP

Sad for the child fam. There's an underlying issue which we don't know about. Try reading ruqya on her if you think it's that what you first mentioned.

This is pure abuse. Try to talk to the mother alone and tell her what she is doing is harm. Ask her why she dislikes the child. Tell her if she doesn't wants the child she can give her away, so, she could be adopted. If that didn't work tell her u would report her arse to authorities.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Why do you need to ask? You already know it beyond normal. Not a small matter as well. I hope I never have to deal with this.

What causes a parent to like one child more than the other?

My cousin, she's 6 and her sister is 4 and a half . The eldest gets spoilt, her mum buys her everything she wants, if she doesn't get what she wants she will cry and cause a tantrum. Her mum will say sorry and give her a hug and a kiss. Then there's the other sister who gets yelled at and neglected. Mother dosen't buy her new clothes or toys. Gets a smack if she dosen't eat her food or obeys her mother.

Cries when she falls or hurts herself mother doesn't care. Saw her mother grab her by the hoodie once and lift her up,this could have potentially caused her daughter to choke on the food she was eating. She has never smacked the eldest.

I was seeing once if the mother would care about her daughter. Both girls stayed with us for a week as their mother went to another state to see her brother who was sick. She calls and asks for the eldest daughter and they blow eachother kisses and chat for 30 minutes. I swear to God she didn't even ask me to give the phone to her youngest , untill I asked, do you want to speak to so and so, I could tell she didn't want to, and it was forced, she asked her dumb questions "How are you? Have you been good?".

Also when she came back, she asked me to bring the eldest to the airport with me, and not the other daughter. It's like she never gave birth to her.

This might sound like I'm being petty , but I'm not . This is emotional and physical abuse and I wish oneday h daughter becomes so wealthy she leaves her evil mother.
The mother definitely associates that child with something negative, as if she reminds her of something she'd like to forget? I only hear stuff live this from the news...

You NEED to talk privately with the mother about this.

Every parent has a favorite kid....thats normal. I dont believe in abusing the ones you dont like....just feed them and be civil to them until they 18 then ask them to move out

I think you’re overthinking it, it’s difficult talking to a four year old over the phone compared to a six yet old.

Trending