Fathers 23andMe Results

we have Madhibaans belonging to E-Y18637n

But the vast majority of Madhibaans are J1 though. Clustering with Yemenis. Yemenis are known for having occupations similar to that of Madhibaans in Somalia and therefore are looked down upon by Arabs who are also camel herders. Of course, Madhibaans assimilated some Somalis belonging to haplogroup E-V32 but the vast majority are J1
Yep so far 3 of the occupational caste groups are E-18637 2 of them are on yfull one is mohamed barre and the other two are muse dhiriyee. So far they are the elder in much of the somali clans if not directly connected.

There are more ev32 Madhimaan than J1. I have seen warsingili. There is no way to conclude who is madhimaan or isn’t. If they are are Madhiiman, tumaal, gaboyee etc then every single somali is too lol and the Saudi, Yemeni, Omani Arabs we connected with.

When I asked the Saudi men who are banu jabr and Al Omari if they are known to do blacksmith work they both replied work is not tied to a single tribe and anyone can pick up metal work. And plus how do you think the Somalis fought without tumaals and craftsmen? The best of the best of Somalis and Muslims lost their lives and worked as a unit to fight off cadow. The best we can do is pay our respect and see how Somalis are connected with modern technology.

They popping out everywhere whether you like it not. Pay respect to your kiin πŸ˜‚
Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

There is a small minority of Hartis that are J1, nothing surprising. After the collapse of the Daarawiish, Sayid Mohamed(aun) and his men fled to Arsi/Bale, and settled there. Most of his soldiers were Dhulbahante so it could be that your ancestor was among them.
Most of samples are indeed connected to Daarawiish the ev32 ones and J1 and the locals call them the darawish families where they settled in Bale. These groups lived amongst one another and some even lost their somali language skills while others maintained it.

I need to do interviews once I go to bale this summer (first time going). I think sayid Mohamed aun, married an oromo women in the area too after being pushed out by cadow and their traitors. He supposedly is buried in the area too. Triumphs and loses, Bale is def an area interesting place.

@ladySomal206

Gabooyes weren't only different in terms of occupation, Gabooye groups have several different 'languages' and or dialects and did not own their own land/deegaan thus making them into 'clients' of clans who did own land and livestock.

I want to know how/why Gabooye dialects/languages formed in the first place.
With Yibirs, they will say they have Hebrew roots, but what about the others.

A "secret" Gabooye language exists supposedly.

This topic goes into Yibir and other Gabooye languages.

Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 14.18.25.png

@Pwyneth Galtrow There are many from what I heard who were wealthy and had land and livestock etc.

I have not heard of the language differences yet but wouldn’t be surprised if some did have a language of their own as many people develop a hybrid of their own language with the locals they settle with. Yiber is one group that claims to have a language and some argue that they are ancient group who are indigenous to northern Somalia. We need more test and input from yibers.

@Pwyneth Galtrow There are many from what I heard who were wealthy and had land and livestock etc.

I have not heard of the language differences yet but wouldn’t be surprised if some did have a language of their own as many people develop a hybrid of their own language with the locals they settle with. Yiber is one group that claims to have a language and some argue that they are ancient group who are indigenous to northern Somalia. We need more test and input from yibers.

During the Sultanate of Hobyo, Madhibaans were also given Governorship positions, discrimination against Gabooye groups varied across the Horn of Africa for sure.

I wonder if the 'secret' languages were made so they could speak without other Somalis understanding, or if it developed out of another dialect altogether.

During the Sultanate of Hobyo, Madhibaans were also given Governorship positions, discrimination against Gabooye groups varied across the Horn of Africa for sure.

I wonder if the 'secret' languages were made so they could speak without other Somalis understanding, or if it developed out of another dialect altogether.
It’s quite interesting this language lol. It could be code or something that existed before. They seem like a close variation of somali and I think people just link a sense of mystery around it as secret language because of the stigma around the yiber or the artisanal groups. There are so many variations of somali dialect this may just be another lol. More research needs to go into it.

Last edited:

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
My father was told he was Dhulbahante and that’s who they lived with. Madhimaan, tumaal were names created by others and occupational walaal. They never heard of it or were called that in Bale. We do match with cise Cadde and Mohamed barres and they are closer to us than the Arabs.

Keep in mind- You have several ev32 β€œtumaal or Madhiimans” in the harti group as well as ones that carry T and are in the Isaac group as well as those who are E-18637 and are close to hawiyess and some of the mjs.

Somalis have to keep in mind a job or craft cannot be a tribe or lineage. It’s noble to create with the hands Allah gave you but it’s not okay to oppress your own, especially for the silliest reasons. We are in the process of learning more and will share a deeper analysis with the next few months. Still waiting on yiber test to see if they will also be the same J1.

Watch this video below to hear one yiber man share his story.
Beesha majerteen and hawiye have nothing in common majority hawiye are A haplogroup the few e-y18627 are so rac the same weye the darood j1 ,T are so raac

Yep so far 3 of the occupational caste groups are E-18637 2 of them are on yfull one is mohamed barre and the other two are muse dhiriyee. So far they are the elder in much of the somali clans if not directly connected.

There are more ev32 Madhimaan than J1. I have seen warsingili. There is no way to conclude who is madhimaan or isn’t. If they are are Madhiiman, tumaal, gaboyee etc then every single somali is too lol and the Saudi, Yemeni, Omani Arabs we connected with.

When I asked the Saudi men who are banu jabr and Al Omari if they are known to do blacksmith work they both replied work is not tied to a single tribe and anyone can pick up metal work. And plus how do you think the Somalis fought without tumaals and craftsmen? The best of the best of Somalis and Muslims lost their lives and worked as a unit to fight off cadow. The best we can do is pay our respect and see how Somalis are connected with modern technology.

They popping out everywhere whether you like it not. Pay respect to your kiin πŸ˜‚
Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
This is guy is scare of فآيحة (or scandal). No there are clans called Al Slubah and AL-Sana in Saudi Arabia. Of course after Saudi Arabia modernised some of them became states officials, billionaires, doctors etc. However, they are still discriminated against when it comes to marriage. I spoke with the E-Y18637 Saudi samples they are Laandheere over there (of course they are having identity crisis).

If that Saudi guy said what he said then he must be a Saudi Madhibaan (aka Sane or Sanaac in Somali). :silanyosmile:

This is guy is scare of فآيحة (or scandal). No there are clans called Al Slubah and AL-Sana in Saudi Arabia. Of course after Saudi Arabia modernised some of them became states officials, billionaires, doctors etc. However, they are still discriminated against when it comes to marriage. I spoke with the E-Y18637 Saudi samples they are Laandheere over there (of course they are having identity crisis).

If that Saudi guy said what he said then he must be a Saudi Madhibaan (aka Sane or Sanaac in Somali). :silanyosmile:
You are funny Walahi now I have to send my Saudis to your Saudis and let them go at it with their lovely swords βš”οΈ they still have and respect πŸ˜‚
saudi arabia GIF

Beesha majerteen and hawiye have nothing in common majority hawiye are A haplogroup the few e-y18627 are so rac the same weye the darood j1 ,T are so raac
They carry E-18637 with you all at the end of the day most Somalis come together regardless. The Darood links to the E-18637 carriers eventually.

A is in Somalis but I have yet to see any A hawiyee on any of the dna platforms who carry it.

@Libaax-Joore intresting. I need to get back on anthrogenetic. Good job for Somalis though we are coming up and trying to learn more of our peopleπŸ‘πŸΎ. I will note that on my list of samples. Which mursade are you upgrading by the way? From the family tree kits?

Trending