Fathers 23andMe Results

both Madhibaan and Anaas (Yibir) have their own separate languages. And that would suggest they had a period of isolation from the rest of the Somalis or other horners. How long that was remains to be seen, but it is obvious they once had a territory of their own and were distinct groups.

That being said, a few individuals testing their haplogroups won't prove much. To make sense of these haplogroups, the majority of clans needs to be tested, but that is not possible at this point. I would say don't read too much into the haplogroups at this stage.

both Madhibaan and Anaas (Yibir) have their own separate languages. And that would suggest they had a period of isolation from the rest of the Somalis or other horners. How long that was remains to be seen, but it is obvious they once had a territory of their own and were distinct groups.

That being said, a few individuals testing their haplogroups won't prove much. To make sense of these haplogroups, the majority of clans needs to be tested, but that is not possible at this point. I would say don't read too much into the haplogroups at this stage.
I would love to learn more of these languages and their connections to the occupational caste group and the region.

As for dna testing, I believe some testing is better than none. A deeper dna studies will have to be done but with we have so far we can begin to understand tribe doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be closer to your clansmen than other Somalis. Some truth and many conflicting.

I think a crowdfund can make this possible with the larger community deciding who to test etc. It may be the only way to start a breakdown of our tribe worshipping ways and respect one another for being a Somali and fellow Muslim. This can bring unity and educate young people on how Somalis are related and the diversity that allowed the area to thrive especially when it came to trade and commerce.

Trending

Latest posts