Faraaxs, should your wife obey you?

Now let’s be real here, no man wants a woman who’s not gonna listen to him, talks back and gives attitude! We’re very reasonable as well. Maybe a hot meal after a 12 hour shift, maybe some fresh clothes here and there, etc etc.

Is this too much to ask for?

Words are powerful.

Obey has a lot of bad connotations with it -i.e. men oppressing women etc.

You need to look at the underlying scenario you want to achieve. A house where you're opinion is respected and acted on.

A girl once told me. It's not what you mean but how you say it. She said if you dont like how I dress and say " go back and change" then she'll do it anyways. But if you say "babes I'm not feeling it" then I'll change just to please you.

Choosing the right words ensures that you are in words are listened to but also makes her feel respected and valued.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
None of you guys are married, you gotta bring love out of your wife and compassion. She will willingly be helping you out of love shes not a dog that obeys your beck and call. You gotta inject that into her and also there will be alot of compromise between you guys. A successful marriage shall always be based on that beautiful bond. Sheikh Hamza Yusuf explains it perfectly.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Only time she can disobey is if I'm on some bullshit. Other than that, whatever I say goes.

The mutual respect must always be there regardless

World

VIP
Words are powerful.

Obey has a lot of bad connotations with it -i.e. men oppressing women etc.

You need to look at the underlying scenario you want to achieve. A house where you're opinion is respected and acted on.

A girl once told me. It's not what you mean but how you say it. She said if you dont like how I dress and say " go back and change" then she'll do it anyways. But if you say "babes I'm not feeling it" then I'll change just to please you.

Choosing the right words ensures that you are in words are listened to but also makes her feel respected and valued.
Don’t marry a woman who dresses in a way that you don’t like, then you wouldn’t have to ask her to go and change.

If you go for a good Muslim woman who is shy, good manners, respectful, then you probably don’t have to tell her do anything and make her “obey” you, because she will be doing it anyway without you asking. There wouldn’t be any serious disagreements.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
some of you are obsessed with control and dominance and having the wife being the ultimate servant there's no need to control or dictate your wife what she can and can't do as long as you respect each other and work as a team

Psychologist

Changemaker
aren’t you an exmuslim. why do you care what quran says?
Also i do care on what the quran says, if it can take the rights other for being themselves it will take mine for having another belief , so i try educate people on how the religion works.

Last edited:
There's no compulsion at all.
That's the whole point of being a wife, if you don't obey your husband who will you obey?
4billion women on this earth and if my wife doesn't want to listen to me Im free to get another and she can leave.

Also i do care on what the quran says, if it can take the rights other for being themselves it will take mine for having another belief , so i try educate people on how the religion works.
You're not educating anyone nacasyahey...all you're doing is repeating debunked right-wing Islamaphobic talking points...the disgraced ayan hirsi tried to run with this narrative and look where she ended up.

Psychologist

Changemaker
You're not educating anyone nacasyahey...all you're doing is repeating debunked right-wing Islamaphobic talking points...the disgraced ayan hirsi tried to run with this narrative and look where she ended up.
i dont speak without providing any sources from your own book. we can debate if you would like :gaasdrink:

It depends on what my request is. I will use rationale and see what's the best solution, however I expect to have the final say. Nothing more annoying then a wife barking 24/7.

i dont speak without providing any sources from your own book. we can debate if you would like :gaasdrink:

Meesha dad ina gaaleyso ma uso gasha horta..I ain't wasting my energy with your kind..waxa tihin lost cause...oroda melaha dawarsada. I've seen real born gaalos that have more respect for our deen and culture i rather debate them then you're brainwashed qaxooti ass...sii soco

Psychologist

Changemaker
Meesha dad ina gaaleyso ma uso gasha horta..I ain't wasting my energy with your kind..waxa tihin lost cause...oroda melaha dawarsada. I've seen real born gaalos that have more respect for our deen and culture i rather debate them then you're brainwashed qaxooti ass...sii soco
Yes, I’m here to inform the people. ❗️
What kind?
They don’t know anything about Islam so why would they judge it? Also it doesn’t affect them
Just say you know little about Islam and move on😴 but okay

Trending