Fanproj Productions (Af-Somali dubbed movies & series)

Apollo

VIP

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I remember watching Axdi iyo Amar waalid on Fanproj back in the day.

I think it’s called Beintihaa in Hindi.

:banderas:

Apollo

VIP
I remember watching Axdi iyo Amar waalid on Fanproj back in the day.

I think it’s called Beintihaa in Hindi.

:banderas:

I wish they dubbed more Western movies and series and fewer Indian ones.

Anyhow, still nice they are dubbing foreign media in Af-Somali.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I wish they dubbed more Western movies and series and fewer Indian ones.

Anyhow, still nice they are dubbing foreign media in Af-Somali.

Im not sure what their catalogue is but I think they also dub Western programmes.

Apollo

VIP
Im not sure what their catalogue is but I think they also dub Western programmes.

Bollywood dubbing dominates, create an account on there and browse through it.

Some of the business owners speak Hindi and this is why they prefer dubbing Hindi movies apparently.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I can't believe I am rewatching Matrix Resurrections in Af Soomaali.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Dub acting is piss poor, though.

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
Cause many people can’t read.
Like many international audiences, they've read English sub and this is how they learned the language. It'd be nice if the youth can learn a language while watching something they like. Win-win?

Apollo

VIP
@Aurelian @Periplus @Shimbiris

What regional accent do most of those voice actors have?

Between the Maxaa Tiris, I can only tell the Woqooyi Galbeed accent from the rest. 😂

Some Hawiyes and Puntlanders sound very similar, but then again when I hear working class people in Mogadishu speak (from vox populi type of interviews) I notice a big difference in accent/dialect from the Puntland one. :cosbyhmm:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Aurelian @Periplus @Shimbiris

What regional accent do most of those voice actors have?

Between the Maxaa Tiris, I can only tell the Woqooyi Galbeed accent from the rest. 😂

Some Hawiyes and Puntlanders sound very similar, but then again when I hear working class people in Mogadishu speak (from vox populi type of interviews) I notice a big difference in accent/dialect from the Puntland one. :cosbyhmm:

Idk what accent they have as I haven’t watched a Fanproj video in a long time.

If I were a betting man, I’d say middle class Xamar accent as Fanproj is based in Mogadishu.

Apollo

VIP
Idk what accent they have as I haven’t watched a Fanproj video in a long time.

If I were a betting man, I’d say middle class Xamar accent as Fanproj is based in Mogadishu.

Mogadishu is kind of weird.

You got many people who sound like reer Mudug, can barely tell they are from Mogadishu. Very neutral sounding.

And then there are people in Mogadishu who sound extremely Xamari, usually lower/working class people. I kind of dislike this latter one.

Trending