Family History

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like stories, I am very shit story teller tell your family story.

To sum up mine

My awoowe was lion hunter, had a lion mat collection before he died. Ilaahi uun naxaristo

The other one was a business man

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
ACCF4354-46F9-43E9-8013-7F12CF39F268.jpeg

My grandfather fought for these niggas during world war 2 :jcoleno: . He was an officer

His brother was a criminal investigator for the Somali government

My grandfather was an orphan, was born 1895 his mother was killed by mad mullah and his father was killed in a qabil feud. He was from garowe but made his way to the south as a teen. He became rich selling meat to the Italians married 4 wives had 32 children, he had my dad in 1962 and died in 1984

My mothers family came in NFD 10 generations ago, one of my 10th great grandfather made Hijra from Ogadenia because his father was a tyrant and savage man.

Most men in my family died during
Dervish war. One of the few that remained got rich and literally took most of my family from the countryside to be educated in the city. There is no other culture which aunts, uncles and grandparents all chip in to help raise the children of other relatives. Sadly, many Somalis are opportunist and individuals nowadays.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Grandfather's history was from a line of sea merchants and he was a friend of Barre. However, he became a political prisoner.
Grandmother's history was traded merchant that move into Somalia after the UK gave Ethiopia, Western Somalia.

Last edited:
My paternal grandfather doesn't have a lot of info because he was born before Somalis regularly recorded birth certificates. He became an merchant at Hobyo and was successful until he ran into trouble with the colonialists (apparently). He retired and died when my dad was a child.

My maternal grandfather was born as an agoon (no father) and grew up in Gaalkacyo. He became a military man and got the opportunity to study in Russia. After studying he became a key figure in the military.

Last edited:

Eru Ilúvatar

The Alpha and the Omega
I like stories, I am very shit story teller tell your family story.

To sum up mine

My awoowe was lion hunter, had a lion mat collection before he died. Ilaahi uun naxaristo

The other one was a business man
My mother told me that she and my grandmother and my great-grandmother used to have a restaurant and a bar in Mugdisho before the civil war.

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
My grandfather was a geeljire through and through, a nomad, still living as one till this day.
My grandmother owned a disco, she's dead though.

Nothing big
born in the outskirts of taleh 5 years before the bombing
His father was probably killed by the british or mj @Reiko :ufdup:
Went from homeless orphan in the streets to high ranking officer before the Italians Left:ehh:

My father accidentally poked a lion nose when he was five it was night and he was sleeping with goats wallahi he told me this

Last edited:
My mother side wa reer magaal and traders they were very rich they had hotels and alot of businesses my father worked for them before he met my mother but the war ended their wealth. My father and uncles were very poor geeljire and never owned land before the 80s ironically they are the rich ones now. Mom married my father when he was poor she didn't ask much for her mehir and he's the rich one now :it0tdo8:

My grandfather was a geeljire through and through, a nomad, still living as one till this day.
My grandmother owned a disco, she's dead though.

My awoowe was a former geeljire, he knew that it ain't givin him crap. :manny:

He still demanded my adheers to be geeljires.

My mother side wa reer magaal and traders they were very rich they had hotels and alot of businesses my father worked for them before he met my mother but the war ended their wealth. My father and uncles were very poor geeljire and never owned land before the 80s ironically they are the rich ones now. Mom married my father when he was poor she didn't ask much for her mehir and he's the rich one now :it0tdo8:

Back in the 70s xamar was a big deal, everyone used to live there after the war everyone went back to original places.

Most men in my family died during
Dervish war. One of the few that remained got rich and literally took most of my family from the countryside to be educated in the city. There is no other culture which aunts, uncles and grandparents all chip in to help raise the children of other relatives. Sadly, many Somalis are opportunist and individuals nowadays.

My maternal line were daraawish also, but on my aabo side the majerteen sheikhs who ran away from the Italians and Daraawish they moved to qabri bayax because they scared of being slaughtered by the dervishes.

Majority of them moved back to modern day puntland. A few stayed, but majority of my reer live in gaalkacyo.

My great grand parents used to own a meat factory in Mogadishu before the Europeans came.

My grandfather was a goalkeeper and a chauffeur for the Italians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts